“Disappointing”
Review of Cancun Bay Resort

Cancun Bay Resort
Ranked #39 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We booked the hotel based on other reviews, but we were quite disappointed. We were here for one night, not as a package. The rooms were very basic, and looked like it was painted concrete. No water is provided, which had been standard at almost every other hotel we have stayed at, and was certainly expected in this area. There were hardly any power points - 1 for the TV and 2 in the bathroom, 1 of which wasn't working. The bathroom was very dingy and dark - there was one light and nothing over the shower, so when you closed the shower curtain you were virtually in the dark. In the evening there was no hot water, the system clearly couldn't cope with the usage. The worrying thing was that the hotel was virtually empty. There is only wifi in the lobby, and it quite weak unless you sit in the centre of the lobby. You are provided with towels for the pool and the beach, and whilst the pools were great (1 in the centre of the hotel which is really big, and one on the beach with an adult jacuzzi pool which is also the pool bar) no cushions or umbrellas are provided and if you want shade you need to go under the 1 palapa on the flag stones. It says it is on the beach but there is only a tiny strip of beach in between two yacht marinas - one of which is also a ferry stop, and the sea is full of seaweed in that particular area. All in all it wasn't worth the money in my opinion, even though it might be cheaper than some of the other hotels in the area.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Nat-j

Reviewed May 14, 2013

This little resort was was great! It has an old spanish feel to it. The rooms are modest and it has only one restaurant but the food was good. The pool by the beach was really nice with a hottub bar. The staff makes the resort so great! From the second I walked in the door everyone knew and called me by my name which was very cool. It gave the place a nice family feel. We went expecting a modest 3 star resort which is pretty true but the staff makes it a 4 to me. If you like smaller resorts and are there to get some sun and relax you will like it. I'll deff will be going back!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank amber w
Reviewed May 13, 2013

<This was my first time in the hotel CANCUN BAY RESORT. and it will n ot be my last ,the lobby was so inviting that I did not need to go any further, I felt so welcomed by the staff at the front desk. the rooms are clean and spacious,with a nice ocean view.The dinning area is beautiful and ultra modern.There are two pool areas,one is for quiet relaxation and the other for persons who enjoy the beautiful ocean view and music .Now the most important the food was wonderful and very tasty-the manager of foods is always around the resturant asking if she could get you anything or fix something special for you.So overall if you want a small ,quiet,relaxing place to rest the Cancun bay would be my hotel of choice.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk for a upgrade to ocean view it is well worth the money!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank WestVirginiaDiana60
Reviewed May 4, 2013

The staff was amazing! Personal and friendly. The only thing is the rooms need a little TLC. The all inclusive could have a bit more of variety. The chef's were amazing and friendly. The BEST STAFF they have were Cesar, Ivan & Marlin

• Stayed: April 2013
CancunBay R, Gerente at Cancun Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Dear Morchilenita,

We will share your congratulations with the staff and soon the rooms will be up-date to the rooms and will be a pleasure to have back and chat with you

Reviewed May 4, 2013

We stayed for one night only but were happy to have chosen the Cancun Bay hotel. The rooms are clean and nicely furnitured. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful all the time. Even after the check-out when I forgot my mobile phone in the room the hotel management instantly contacted me. Lucky me.

Thanks to all at Cancun Bay

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear KriWal,

Thank you for your comments, I was a pleasure to host you one night and be in touch with you beacuse the mobile telephone, the honesty of the housekeeping staff is one of our Golden Values!!

Looking forward to have you back and meet you,

Best Regards

Reviewed May 2, 2013

We just returned from a Cancun sailing vacation (separate review coming) and our trip ended at 9am but we had a 5pm flight so we were in search of a place to spend the day and found this hotel. They were very hospitable and offered us day passes for $40 with full access to all amenities including food & drinks. While we were there they also showed us their rooms & we spoke with other guests. The food was very good, drinks were also good, everything was clean & neat and we received great customer service. Their room rates are crazy inexpensive and we are planning a trip back with our grandkids this summer to stay for a few nights.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Mona,

Thank you so much for taking a few minutes to share your comments,

Will be a great pleasure for us to host you in your next holidays to Cancun, feel free to contact me and chat for a while.

Looking forward to have you back in "Su Casa"

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Stayed four days at this, "Resort." Let me start by saying that the staff is very friendly. I have stayed in a number of all-inclusive resorts in Jamaica, The Bahamas, The Domincan Republic, etc. and this one did not fare well. There are no buffets, no specialty restaurants, and no late night snack bars. There is no omelette station. You order - very limited selection- off of a menu and your food is cooked while you wait. I must say that the food is good. Though the morning that I choose to eat breakfast I was given sunny-side up eggs rather than the omelette that I ordered - but no matter. The waiter was nice. There isn't much of a beach - it is pebble and stone strewn has a great deal of seaweed and is about 2 1/2 feet wide (from patio chair to the water). This 'Resort," offered no water sports, no entertainment, and no bathtub. The jacuzzi is closed at 8pm which I found to be ridiculous considering that the sun goes down at around 7:15pm.

I have to also mention that I discovered on the last day of my stay that my sheets had not been changed. This was evident because my first night there I spilled a little bit of juice on the edge of the sheet - it was still there on my last day.

**Warning** - When checking out I was told that I would have to pay an additional $15 because I had gotten makeup on a towel!?!? I have stayed at many resorts and never been charged for getting makeup on a towel. I might also add that the towel wasn't worth $15 so I am unsure as to whether I was paying for it to be cleaned or because they considered it to be damaged. Because I was to be picked up by shuttle in approximately 10 minutes and was in a foreign country I did not argue the point. I signed the receipt - "Under Pressure" - and left it at that. I checked my account earlier this evening and discovered that I have also been charged an additional $.45 which I did not authorize. I presume it was for the phone call to confirm my pick up time which I was told cost nothing because it was a local call.

Needless to say I Will Not be staying at Cancun Bay or Q bay or whatever Bay ever again. But I will certainly be visiting Cancun, it is beautiful there. So if you decide to stay at this, "Resort," just know that you have been warned.

Room Tip: If you want a really nice room don't stay at this "resort."
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank EvaBrittany

Dear Eva,

Thank you so much for your kinds comments about our friendly Staff.

We will definitly take care of your suggestions and we will make sure to have all clients well informed about our hotel services .

Best Regards,