“Lived up to its great reviews”

Temptation Cancun Resort.
Ranked #3 of 121 Specialty Lodging in Cancun
Kingston, Canada
“Lived up to its great reviews”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2010

I have travelled the world for both business and pleasure but this was must first time staying at an adult exclusive resort. I had a fantastic time and have nothing but great things to say about the Temptation Resort. FYI, I also was traveling solo.
My intentions were to relax and enjoy everything the Resort and Cancun had to offer, I am also an avid Scuba diver so did went diving for a day off site.
The room was fantastic and clean, I do not like having cleaning staff make up my room every day anywhere I stay but the cleaning staff was always greeting me with a smile and the same question of whether I wanted my room cleaned every day-it was kind of nice to have them be that attentive.
The buffet food is pretty much the same every day but they do have some theme nights where they have specific foods. One night they had seafood night and I was in heaven-all you can eat crab legs, grilled jumbo shrimp...but the best part about the food was the restaurants. The asian food restaurant at Tempation is amongst the best asian food I have ever had. The serving staff at all the restaurants were fantastic with great humour and service.
If you are there to partake in the sexy activities they are there for you, if you do not then you can choose not to participate. I do not understand some of the negative reviews that say they were uncomfortable with this? For example, one guy on his honeymoon volunteered to play strip billiards and when he continued to follow along and get stripped, then put on a womans thong, then was made to lay down ,get covered in syrup, whipped cream then was asked to run around the resort like this he did not complain at all and it was all voluntary. Then later that evening I talked to him and his wife and they complained about how terrible it was that they made him do that and he was never going to return there...duh!?? When they ask you to meet about the time share, smile and say "no" if you are not interested.
The only complaint I have is that, for when I went, Dec18-25 2009, there were not that many single ladies there. Yet, some of the other single guys that were there the previous week or stayed prior told me that it is not usually the case.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank blueeyedbull

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (966)
  • Polish first
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2010

Pro's -
Nice adult admosphere
Good food in the "sit-down" restaurants (highly recommend Italian)
Good DJ/Music
Clean Beach

Con's -
The rooms have a funny smell (especially the game room)
DO NOT recommend getting a room near the outside lounge area (way too loud)
Buffet Food was pretty disgusting....a "D" at best!
The beds are very hard!
No room service
Maid service has until 3 in the afternoon to clean your room (that's too late)
Major problems returning pool towels....long story!
Very slippery walk ways...especially when wet...many people fell!
The staff speaks very poor English
Drinks are very "watered" down.....recommend the shots!
Nightime activities a little dull
All activities are geared toward straight men!!! Lots of topless women!

1 Thank Poofany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2010

My wife and I where celebrating our 1 year wedding anniversary, This place was recommended by one of our friends in the wedding party so we made a reunion of it.

From day one it was one great party Two weeks we where there and not one day did we have a bad day... NOW two weeks latter my wife and I are going through temptations withdrawals LOL,
The food was fantastic FISH HOUSE, THE ITALIAN RESTAURANT WHERE OUT OF THIS WORLD..
The bed was so comfortable my wife has a bad back she never had one problem sleeping there.. Then there is Chanel 12. you have to see when you get there.
The staff and entertainment staff are the best Cancun has to offer
They kept us soooo happy and entertained and ready for more, Everyday day there was something new, From a sexy fashion show to new games The games are VERY ADUTL so just have fun with it .
We are planning to go back next year for a reunoin We made lots of new friends. No we are not swingers But Unless your a prude this place CAN BE GREAT ADULT PLAY GROUND...SO HAVE FUN ..

2 Thank anthony9868
Okotoks, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2010

First of all, if you are prudish in any fashion, this is not the resort for you - open minded, care-free adults only atmosphere is what we were looking for, and we got it in spades.
This was our first trip to this resort, and we will most certainly return.

Check in was fast and friendly - we made on reservation online on the Thursday, and were sipping drinks by noon Saturday...wife was topless by 1230pm.....everyone respectful and out for the good time that is Temptations.
Sexy pool was fun in the afternoon, with an adult flair but not over the top.
We got an ocean view room, which was rather large, and very accomodating - maid service was great - tips do help out here....
Bar staff during the day was great - remembered our drinks after the first day - night servers in Paty O's were the same - we always tip well on the first day, with the promise of the same at the end of our vacation, and were not dissapointed with their service.
Dont bother with the " welcome " breakfast - typical timeshare selling. I just lie and tell them that I am a real estate agent, and they leave you alone every time.

Staff was attentive, but not in your face - food was decent, and you must try the Italian and Asian restaurants - great service and food was high quality.
We also had a " moonlight dinner " on the beach, which was truly a romantic night.
The games and fun are all adult oriented, and usually end with some sort of partial nudity or embarassment - best to roll with it, as "punishment" can be worse than just following the game.....trust me.....
But then again- htere is always the quiet pool if you so desire - ask Lourdes for the " orgasm" shooter - OMG.....

We met some great people from all over Canada, USA and UK, and plan to visit again next May.
All in all, we thouroughly enjoyed ourselves, and will most certainly be back as soon as we can get away from the kids....

1 Thank mpwrider
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2010

I stayed at this hotel with a friend, and we met some other girls from the UK also staying at the hotel, so we made friends with them.

We had a lot of fun, the entertainment team had us laughing for the whole holiday. We cried when it was time to come home!

The hotel's postion cant be faulted - right on a lovely sandy beach. the pool has a lovely swim up bar and the atmosphere was relaxed but not dull.

It was our first time to Mexico and i loved it. I am returning with my boyfriend this year to Playa Del Carmen.

The staff were very friendly and fun and the food was okay - not top notch, but absolutely fine. Plenty of variety at the bufffet restaurant plus the italian and chinese.

This hotel is adults only for a reason - it might not suit those with victorian values? sometimes the entertainement is a bit near the mark!!

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with friends
2 Thank Mollie-Pops
Baltimore, MD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2010

My husband and I decided to stay at Temptation for our honeymoon. This was our second time in Cancun but our first time at an adults-only resort. We had a blast! Definitely the best vacation we have been on so far!! The food and service were AMAZING (especially the food at the Italian restaurtant - reservations are required). The fun activities at the Sexy pool were always a blast, both to watch and to participate. One note of caution, if you want to get yourself a chair by the Sexy Pool (especially under an umbrella), you need to get up pretty early. Even though the pool technically didn't open until 10am, 95% of all chairs around the pool and in the shade were snatched up by 8:00 am!! However, despite the lack of chairs, the people were friendly (whether you are there to be swingers or just to be fun with the people you arrived with), the food and entertainment always exceeded our expectations, and the service was impeccable - we never had problems with anything! If you are looking for a fun and SEXY time in a more private setting, I highly recommend going to the spa for a Sensual Couples Massage...well worth the price and you will not regret it! We can't wait to visit Temptation again nor can we wait to check out their swinger, clothing option sister-resort Desire sometime in the future!

5 Thank Kbfirefly
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2010

This was our second visit. We have traveled to many places in Mexico and in Europe, but this, by far, is the best place out of all our travels. Yes, it is an adult resort, so there is topless, there is adult type pool games. But not vulgar, Fun YES!!! It is good humor, and way lots of fun!!! The staff is out of this world, the restuarants are great!! The activities are fun, and will give you memories to talk about for years to come, wonderful funny ones too.
We could not be happier with the entire place from staff to activities, to the last minute your there, its awsome. We have been to Temptation Cancun twice this year. And our third vacation we will be checking out the Cabo location.
The staff remembers you, if you return, and you are greeted with a "welcome home"....not a 'welcome to our resort"....it feels good!! The all inclusive is wonderful, you don't have to worry about a thing. There are tours you can take and the club nights are Awsome!! Coco Mongo is a must see, and Senior Frogs! You can relax, have fun, take part in activities, and have a romantic get away all in one place!!! Its perfect!!
No matter what your age, this is a must visit!!! I am in my late 40s' and my husband in his early 50s' and I think we revert to our 20s' every time we step foot into the lobby!! It is definatly on our list of visiting "Home", twice a year at a minimum!!!
Believe me, if you don't do this you will kick yourself in the butt for missing it!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Syl-n-Dan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cancun
Desire Riviera Maya Resort
Grand Oasis Cancun
Grand Oasis Cancun
#87 of 181 in Cancun
3.5 of 5 bubbles 6,388 reviews

Been to Temptation Cancun Resort.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Temptation Cancun Resort.

Property: Temptation Cancun Resort.
Address: Blvd. Kukulcan km 3.5, Cancun 77500, Mexico (Formerly Temptation Resort Spa Cancun)
Location: Mexico > Yucatan Peninsula > Quintana Roo > Cancun
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #3 of 121 Specialty Lodging in Cancun
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$
Hotel Class:4.5 star — Temptation Cancun Resort. 4.5*
The 384-room Temptation Resort Spa welcomes singles and couples to a hip and sexy take on the all-inclusive holiday. The topless optional, over-21 atmosphere gets you invigorated and refreshed. Amenities include three swimming pools each with a different theme (action packed, relaxation and sports), Jacuzzis, beach, five restaurants, six bars, fitness center, spa, beauty salon, nightly entertainment, room service, 24-hour meal service and daily activity programs. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Temptation Cancun Resort. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Temptation Hotel Cancun