“Best Holiday!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Temptation Cancun Resort.

Temptation Cancun Resort.
Ranked #3 of 118 Specialty Lodging in Cancun
London, England, United Kingdom
“Best Holiday!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

I travelled to Temptation in August/September 2013 with a group of friends (all girls) and we had the BEST time.

We weren't expecting an absolutely amazing 5 star hotel, especially not after reading certain reviews, yet it was clean, fun and perfect for our holiday. I have been to some amazing hotels, but I'm also not an extremely picky person.
All of this crazy talk about 'too much adult fun' is a bit of a joke really, unless the adult fun gets dirtier depending on what month you go, then I wouldn't say it was an X-rated hotel. It was all fun and games, and since there are 3 pools, we spent most of our time either in the 24 hour pool or sports pool (I think that's what it was called) either way, the sexy pool was just a bit too crowded and crazy for me (nothing out of this world, just too much for me personally) so if you don't find it your idea of fun, then no problem, just go to another pool!

Staff was friendly, and food was lovely.

Nothing more I can say about it really. We Ioved it!
P.s there is a little excursion office just opposite the hotel, I recommend to check out their prices before booking anywhere else. Also, get local bus, you travel up and down the strip for near to nothing in comparison to taxi prices.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jessica R
RCUN, Guest Services Manager at Temptation Cancun Resort., responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear Guest

We are so honored with your comment reviews It is a pleasure to hear that you had the BEST time at Temptation Resort & Spa
We are Looking forward to welcome you and all your friends back again soon!

Sincerely.
JROMERO

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (966)
  • Polish first
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

I was here for 5 nights with 9 other guys for a friend's bachelor party and spent 3 of the five nights and days in bed with fevers and stomach aches and horrible diarrhea. 6 of us had diarrhea more than 1 day, 2 of us (including me) were so sick we couldn't leave the room. Ate and drank only from the hotel as it is all inclusive. Don't know if it's the food, drinks or whatever but was diagnosed with E.Coli infection when i got back to the US.

So here are a few things for those who might consider this a destination for your next stag party
Cons:
- Food is average, actually a bit below average for most of us.
- Alcohol is of course not the best, but again it's all inclusive and they have to make money somewhere right?
- It's seriously mostly couples tat go here so it's not a great place unless you just want to see boobs.
- Casino night is not as it cracked out to be, just a bunch of people in lingerie, some nasty, some tasteful, playing with fake money on stage.
- Theme nights aren't really all that fun.
- The sand volleyball court doesn't have alot of sand insulating it or something so i bruised and cut myself deeply, about 4 inch vertical below the knee, which got infected and had to be treated for 3 weeks after i got back to the States. SO DON"T BE DIVING ON THAT COURT!!! However, that's not their fault, it is that of my own.
- The Asian restaurant, honestly, SUCKS!!!!
- The "Sexy" pool, not that sexy, the people are, not the pool, it's Gross! Don't go in after 2 PM.

Ok ok, so all this bashing and nothing good? Well no there are a few things

- The people you meet here are fun and sun worshiping bunch. Everyone's friendly, just be courteous, don't be staring at the women with their boobs hanging out. Just be friendly and say hello. Make sure you understand that women here are taken and with their husbands so don't be doing stupid things. Everyone is friendly though. Was able to talk to a few of the "regulars" and they are super cool and friendly and will show you around.
- It's fun, and you're in Cancun and alcohol is flowing freely
- good frozen margaritas

Overall it's not a place for you bachelor party, go elsewhere!

Oh btw, the internet service is ok if you pay for it. make sure you have exact change though.

oh and yes, there is some kind of lifestyle thing going on at this hotel but those guys tend to stay within their own groups so it's cool.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank inuyarik
Dear guest:

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback.

I would like to offer my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you had during your stay and especially that you and some members of your party had an upset stomach during your stay. To this respect I would like to clarify that nothing is going around our hotel and all our staff of chefs and cooks strictly work under the highest hygiene standards of Distintivo ‘H’, also, the HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) procedures are duly followed by all of our Food and Beverage Department, in order to identify food safety hazards.
We ensure you that we are keen to improve our services and are readily available to assist during the guests stay to fulfill their expectations or requests.

We would be very happy welcoming you in the near future.

Halifax Region, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

Just simply "don't go this resort unless you wanna ruin your vacation." I stayed here on Dec. 24 by myself.After reading reviews here,I asked for a quiet room.they gave me a small room right next to the road,so I could hear all traffic.(it wasn't quiet! ) It rained a lot that night,so I went a bed early. In the middle of the night,I woke up because I smelled something bad.when I stepped on the floor, there was water all over the floor even in the bathroom. The water was up to my ankle.it was 4am in the morning!luckily, I didn't put my bag on the floor, but my boots were on the floor and it got soaking wet.I called a front desk and asked the manager to come to my room.he sent a guy to clean my room,I tried to talk to him,but he couldn't speak any English. I called the manager again and send someone who I can talk.he said he is the only one can speak English and he can't leave there.so I went to the front desk and asked why the water is all over the floor,he said that because it rained a lot at night as if it happened all the time whenever it rains . I said that I didn't pay $200 for this then he said that I can't control the weather. I wanted his genuine apology,but his attitude was just so rude and annoying. I said I'll write about this on tripadvisor and all other website, he said"go ahead, I don't care!"can you guys believe this??in the end,he offered me 1hour massage. That's it!I paid $200 and got only 4 hr sleep, soaking wet boots! Food is bad too.they only opened 2 restaurant s for lunch, so not a lot of choices.I loved Mexico, but I will never gonna go back near this resort!

• Stayed December 2013
6 Thank ashley546
nsantos, General Manager at Temptation Cancun Resort., responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear Valued Guest

Please accept our most sincere apologies for the inconveniences faced during your stay, especially if this made you spend uncomfortable moments during your day of vacation.
We have 5 restaurants that are available in different times to give our guests the opportunity to try always something new, delicious and excellent.
I hope that you will give us a second chance to serve you, please do not hesitate to come back to Temptation Resort & Spa, and provide you our best service.

pgh, pa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

While this place, Temptation screams PARTY, it is a completely enjoyable vacation. We were both a little apprehensive upon departing for Temptation but, soon felt as comfortable as a king once we checked in and got to the main "sexy" pool. The place is super clean, friendly and vacation friendly for everyone. If you feel like a little quiet time, there are places for that. It is only a few steps apart from a party in the pool, a romantic walk on the beach, a swim in any of 3 pools, a hammock for solitude, a beach chair to read a book, or a bar stool for a drink. Yes, it takes a few days to find each restaurant, or night spot, although we never did FIND "Nice Shoes". Oh well. The people are what bring Temptation so over the top!!! Not only the super staff but also the guests make this place an unforgettable vacation spot! I highly recommend TEMPTATION

Room Tip: our ground floor room in the 4000 building was super quiet and not too far from the action.
4 Thank fflashh
RCUN, Guest Services Manager at Temptation Cancun Resort., responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at Temptation Resort & Spa. We appreciate all your good comments in regards to the food, the hotel's accommodations, the entertainment and the service provided by our colleagues.
We hope to have the chance to host you back soon and celebrate many others.

Sincerely yours.
Quito, Ecuador
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

When they say adult experience, they mean it. My first impression of the hotel wasn't great. We booked ocean view rooms and once we got to our accommodations we were completely fooled. Our windows faced one of the buildings from the complex. When we complaint about this matter the first reaction of the receptionist was to tell us that the hotel was fully booked and that they were having trouble placing guests. We really had to insist and wait for almost an hour to get our new rooms. They had a view but it wasn't fully to the ocean. Our next experiences was going to the hotel pool. We got there around midday and by then most of the people were already drunk (which is ok). What shock me were the obscene scenes that some of the guest were displaying. There were old guys naked in the pool being rubbed by their wifes. I have nothing against it but some privacy would have been appreciated. Just an example of the things you will be seeing there.
The beach itself wasn't that great neither. It was quite small and there is barely any sand since the distance between the shore and the water was quite short, 15 meters maybe?
Regarding the infrastructure, the rooms were tidy and comfortable. The buildings were properly kept and everything was clean. No complaints there
The food was good, nothing fancy but tasteful. The Italian and Asian options were great and the service was helpful.
Overall I didn't like the amount of trashy people that was there, i think the concept is interesting but you really have to be open minded to enjoy this hotel. Personally I wouldn't go back. I hope this help with you decision.

Room Tip: any room that is far from the main bar
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
13 Thank Alonsofer
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed the Italian and Asian Restaurants also our service, we’re delighted to serve you!!
I hope that you will give us a second chance to serve you in the future.

San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

My boyfriend and I decided about 2 weeks before New Years we wanted to travel someplace special and easy for the holiday. We came across Temptation which had availablity and the price was right. We stayed December 30th to January 3rd. 4 nights was more than enough and we were ready to come home. Overall, this is a fun, open-minded atmosphere. However, the repetition of the activities and food got old fast. Here is the breakdown:

Reception Desk/Bell Staff: We found them both to be friendly upon arrival. We were asked if we wanted to book to a Jacuzzi suite ($50 extra per night) and were later glad we did. We received a room right outside of the quiet pool and considering the noise near the sexy pool and Paty'O bar we were happy with our choice. We promptly sat down with a conceirge type person who told us what was open when, gave us a map etc. There was no sales pitch at all. Later in our visit when attempting to work with the desk staff to figure out WIFI we found them to be a bit frustrating and uninformative. Also note, they can exchange USD to Pesos, but not vice versa. Upon check out, there was some hassle bc we had cut off our bracelets bc they were annoying, which apparently you have to return. Luckily, I had kept them and dug them out and returned them. The bell staff was accomodating in taking our photo and getting us taxis as requested.

Rooms: The room was clean, albeit small. This hotel could really be nice with just a few upgrades to the rooms. For instance, the alarm clock/ipod dock next to the bed was rusting. I understand there is a lot of moisture in the area, but I saw quite a few items rusting or mildewing throughout our stay which could be easily fixed. The maid staff was prompt and thorough. They made our towels into some cute swans etc which was fun each day. Mini bar restocked daily. Even though our room was next to the quiet pool we could hear distant music at night and loud partying ppl in the hallway. I brought ear plugs and really didn't have much problem sleeping. The bed linens aren't high quality and could use a replacement. The ambience in the room is romantic, but like I said could use some touch ups and paint. The bathroom is extremily tiny (no way 2 ppl are fitting in) with a shower only. Water was hot with good pressure.

Atmosphere/Entertainment: Well there seems to be a lot of mixed reviews on here. I would say people ranged in age from 20's to 60's. A mix of couples (straight and gay) and singles, coming from all over the world. Everyone was super nice and helpful. We met some great people, many who go year after year. We were never approached by swingers, but I didn't go topless and they could probably tell that wasn't our deal. The Sexy Pool is fun, but it gets old fast. The first day we were entertained by the DJ and the very explicit (plan on seeing lots of nude men during the games) entertainment. We are open minded, so it didn't bother us. However, by day 2 we felt like it was a bunch of people trying to relive their youthful, spring break days and we moved to the quiet pool. We never felt pressured to participate in any way. The evening entertainment on New Years was quite good (show with dancers). The rest of the entertainment (Revelation Show, Karoke etc) was mediocre. Although, I have to give the "cast" a lot of credit for their high energy level day after day. I think it just wasn't our "cup of tea" so to speak. I had a great time dancing at Paty'O's one night which bumps music until the wee morning hours (careful not to get a room surrounding this if you are hoping to sleep). Otherwise, the last night we went off property to a restuarant and the Playboy casino a couple hotels down. The real entertainment is people watching considering the variety of guests.

Food/Bars: The food was the real bummer. I have stayed at an all inclusive before and they have always included a fresh salad and fruit bar, that way if you didn't like the theme there were always options. Unfortunately, this hotels buffet either wasn't geared toward americans or was just awful. I will note we are not picky eaters. We expect fresh food that is either hot or cold depending on how it should be served, not to tough right? Apparently wrong. For lunch and dinner, the same meats and cheeses at every buffet, but no good salad or fruit. Food was all very cold and looked like it had been there for days. Breakfast was ok, but thats pretty tough to screw up. Margaritas (the grill type place) had a couple decent lunch options, Mexican food was good, but pizza was terrible. There is also no good snack place. We did eat at the sit down seafood restuarant - great service, the food was the best we had thus far, but the standard was pretty low. Then we ate at the Italian restuarant, again great service, but kind of the same tastes etc. You felt like it was all coming out of the same kitchen with the same choices. Again, like with the rooms, a few minor changes - variety, tempature, etc could really take this place to a new level. Burgers at Paty'O and Margaritas were ok, think high cafeteria quality. Drinks and bartenders were good. No issues getting a drink and the quality was great. Bartenders worked hard and were friendly. We did tip moderately for good service. I did see the staff on New Years Eve attempt to pour 3 partial champagne glasses into a full glass and hand it to my boyfriend. I wouldn't drink anything you didn't see poured from the bottle. However, that wasn't their usual staff due to the holiday. By day 3 we were over the food completely, and we went off site day 4 for dinner. Its too bad when you feel like you paid for it and it should be at least decent.

Spa: So upon recommendations from other guests, we changed our relaxing massage to the sensual massage at the spa. Let me tell you its an experience I do not think we will ever forget. Facilities were clean and staff was nice. I caught a cold, so we utlized the steam room and jacuzzi. I am not going to go into graphic detail on the massage, but I will say if you want a totally nude massage with your partner (which includes sensually touching each other and lots of oils) and are VERY open minded it is a pretty incredible experience. You will walk away thinking "did that just happen". Imagine 6 sets of hands on you at once, including your partners... You do feel completely alone and connected as a couple even with the masquerade masked massage therapist in the room. You throw your inhibitiions out the window and feel safe as a couple doing so.

Overall, I am not sure we would go to Temptation again, except for maybe that unique massage..... While fun, it wasn't somewhere we really feel the need to visit or feel like we are missing out on in life.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
10 Thank Wildcatsarahj
RCUN, Guest Services Manager at Temptation Cancun Resort., responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear guest:
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Temptation Resort & Spa, we are glad you enjoyed our New Years Eve celebrations and our incredible spa treatments, your comments are invaluable to the hotel, we appreciate your remarks and recommendations your feedback is really important for us in order to improve our facilities as well our service.

We hope you can give us the opportunity to serve once again in the near future
Sincerely yours
Edmonton, AB
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

We arrived for a week stay without our preferred room, so we stayed in 2212 by Paty O's bar. We were anxious to let loose, so it was nice to be close to the bar and have a view of the sexy pool in the morning off the balcony. Nice rooms, clean - but this matress was a bit hard for our liking. The next day, they moved us closer to the quiet pool - room 1317. The matress was noticably softer, but the room over all was a bit smaller.
We had a great time from the moment we arrived. The topless nature of the resort was only evident around the pools and beach, and not all ladies went topless. Less than half actually. My wife was quite comfortable to be topless most of the time, no uncomfotable feelings. There was an old weirdo that would come around sometimes, but we ignored him.
Fun afternoons around the sexy pool, or relax on the beach - the water was ready for you when you were. Service at the bars and restaurants was great. Oliver at Paty O's always made sure we were looked after. Popi at Diegos pool bar was equally attentive.
The theme nights were great - especially lengerie casino night! The adult themes and occasional nudity made for a fun Adult themed week. The other guests were friendly, and outgoing people tended to gel together and there were those who kept to themselves. We were in the first catagory! lol
With the exception to a 15 minute bus ride to Walmart, and a 4 hour trip to isla majures, we stayed at the resort the whole time. The island is a great trip - rent a golf cart and drive from one end to the other. Great scenery!
We would definitely come here again - while its not a nudist resort (like we would prefer) we had a super time.
Favorite restaurant - Italian. Great steak to be had & nice wine
Did I say there were no children?

Room Tip: Yes the rooms around the quiet pool make it easier to sleep, but you are further from the action. If...
3 Thank Imagemaker_10
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cancun
Desire Riviera Maya Resort
4.5 of 5 bubbles 8,559 reviews
Desire Riviera Maya Pearl Resort
Desire Riviera Maya Pearl Resort
#1 of 32 in Puerto Morelos

Been to Temptation Cancun Resort.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Temptation Cancun Resort.

Property: Temptation Cancun Resort.
Address: Blvd. Kukulcan km 3.5, Cancun 77500, Mexico (Formerly Temptation Resort Spa Cancun)
Location: Mexico > Yucatan Peninsula > Quintana Roo > Cancun
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #3 of 118 Specialty Lodging in Cancun
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Temptation Cancun Resort. 3.5*
The 384-room Temptation Resort Spa welcomes singles and couples to a hip and sexy take on the all-inclusive holiday. The topless optional, over-21 atmosphere gets you invigorated and refreshed. Amenities include three swimming pools each with a different theme (action packed, relaxation and sports), Jacuzzis, beach, five restaurants, six bars, fitness center, spa, beauty salon, nightly entertainment, room service, 24-hour meal service and daily activity programs. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Despegar.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Jetsetter so you can book your Temptation Cancun Resort. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Temptation Hotel Cancun