We are a couple in our 60's, and were at Temptations from March 23-30. We thoroughly enjoyed the food, the service, and the drinks. I do wonder, though, why a Mexican resort wouldn't stock the bars with Mezcal.......it's somewhat akin to an Irish pub not carrying Guiness.
On the other hand, we were disappointed with the "adult" theme (or lack thereof) of the resort. When the "sexy pool" consists of perhaps 20% of the female guests going topless, it hardly seems to us to be the kind of "daring to be tempted" experience that we anticipated from the resort's advertising. We had expected a truly adventerous environment; what we saw was more reminiscent of a somewhat dull frat party. Are bare breasts really in the "nobody knows you, and nobody gives a [--]" category? (By the way, that's Temptations' wording, not mine....)
We found the entertainment to be mediocre at best. A Michael Jackson lip-synch? Really--they can't do better than that?
Perhaps the DJ's at Paddy-O's might notice that when they're running their club/trance/whatever tracks, they get a few people up on their feet. However, the night that the live band played, everybody was up-----gen-xers, boomers, the whole lot. And this was to a band that opened with CCR, did some Santana and Doors, and some great R&B. Maybe the "entertainment committee" needs to tailor the playlists to their audience.
SO----to sum it up, we found the resort itself to be top notch, at least as far the facilities went. However, we found the atmosphere and theme to be somewhat tame and a bit dull. So, unless Temptations decide to amp up its gig, I think it's back to Hedo and Desire for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Temptation Cancun Resort, “The Playground for Grown-Ups”, caters to adults only (21+), offering a vibrant and passion-infused, topless-optional environment for the chic, the confident and the free-spirited traveler. Designed by Karim Rashid, Temptation offers 426 rooms and suites, plus newly innovated guest areas. There are seven specialized restaurants, 5 bars and a gourmet cafe. The property also features a spectacular spa & sophisticated fitness center. Temptation Cancun Resort… “The Playground for Grown-Ups”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HotelPower, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Temptation Cancun Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Temptation Hotel Cancun
- Temptation Resort Cancun
- Blue Bay Mexico
- Temptations Cancun
- Blue Bay Resort Cancun
- Temptation Resort Spa Cancun
- Blue Bay Cancun Mexico
- Temptations Resort Cancun
- Blue Bay Getaway Spa Cancun
- Temptation Cancun