“Fantastic fun”

Ranked #3 of 134 Specialty Lodging in Cancun
Yukon, Oklahoma
“Fantastic fun”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Ok this place is as advertised and we loved it. We spent 9 days in May and enjoyed every day, even the one where it rained most of the day. We stayed in a room by the Paty ‘O Lounge (which is a fun place) the music goes till two in the morning, but it only took us one night to get accustomed to it because after the day and night at Temptation we were pretty beat. Other than the noise till two the room we had a very hard bed which we got accustomed to also. But we found out when we left if we would have said anything they would have brought a pad for the bed. The only place we did not get to eat was The Village Wok, we did eat everywhere else and the food was good. The spa was fantastic, we got a very erotic couples massage loved it and the wife got a massage at the end of the week that she said was great. The service was excellent everywhere we went and the entertainment staff was GREAT. We enjoyed all of the evening theme activities at Sexy Shoes and Paty ‘O Lounge. We spent all our time by the sexy pool or by the beach in front of it, there were great activities all day from the mild to wild. But I can tell you I went over to the quite pool a few times to talk to some friends and the word quite is true, so if the Sexy pool gets too much just head that way. The wife and I had one of our best trips ever and will be back at least once a year but we plan on twice most years.

Room Tip: If you have problems sleeping do not get a room by the Paty ‘O Lounge because the party music goes t...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Ricof58

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (966)
  • Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Went with my boyfriend to temptation for 2 weeks over june/july and had an amazing holiday. Staff are very friendly/helpful and the rooms are spotless. The pool & beach is kept clean mostly every day. We ate in all the restaurants and I can't fault them one bit (but wasn't too keen on the fish one tho) the italian and the chinese restaurants were the best, but the buffet restaurant was well stocked and had plenty of choice morning, noon or night! we will defo be looking to book up again.

Ps yes there are swingers at the hotel but it isn't in ur face ( i dont know why everyone writes about it on trip adviser ) people are friendly and you will meet a lot of diff people while staying at the resort. But trust me u won't be bored at the pool side, there are plenty of activities! So, dont let this sway you from picking this resort.

And finally we were never approached by timeshare people.... Result!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank laura c
raymore
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I stayed here for a week and loved it! This is the place to go if you like to be sorrounded by a party athmosphere! There are pool side games, and theme parties all night long until 6 am or so. The people are friendly. Most people that go here are couples, so single men may have stiff competition for the few single women that do show up. It is a topless resort, so you cannot be a prude. They do have a quiet side as well, but who cares lol! The shopping are and restaurant, bars etc,.. are just a bus ride away that costs about $1 each way. They have volleball games, pool games, snorkiling etc... You will not be bored!. The rooms are not bad, but I dont go to a resort to stay in my room all day, so that part of my trip is insignificant. Highly recommend...I am going again in Aug 2012 since it was so cool!

Room Tip: Big place, just ask to be away from clubs if you do not like noise
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank devildog0800
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I recentley stayed at the resort for some well earned r 'n' r and i have to say its very close to being my favourite holiday in as long as i can remember! I work as a food and beverage director for aq large chain of hotels in southern England and London and i think i have a fair idea of what it means to deliver quality service. The resort not only met my expectations but far surpassed them. I have stayed all over the world and although the quality of food was not to the same standard as say the burj al arab or claridges, it was still excellent. But what made each meal was the fantastic, attentive yet unintrusive service we recieved! Honestly the best in we have had in central and north america!

The setting and atmosphere was just what we needed, fun and relaxing. But the highlight for me was the shows in the evening and in particular the show by Chelo Azulay. What a guy! I have not laughed that hard in as long as i can remember and by the reaction from everyone else at the shows, i think they all agree with me! He is a gem!

All in all it was an amazing trip and thank you to all the staff who all worked so hard to make my holiday unforgetable! WE WILL BE BACK!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Totaltraveller81
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I have just recently returned from my holiday in Cancun at the Temptations resort and having visited Mexico many many times, this was by far one of my best stays ever.

Everything from accomodation to food to service was excellent, and the entertainment, by far one of the best I've seen in resorts. Chelo Azulay is one of the entertainers, and his shows in the evening were an absolute blast. My partner and I loved watching him as he is a true performer and had the audience in stitches during his shows. We had a chance to chat with him aswell, and he is such a lovely person who made our stay at Temptations even more special.

Thank you to Chelo Azulay and all the staff at Temptations, we look forward to seeing you in the near future VERY SOON:)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Sonia C
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 20, 2012

A few friends and I went down to Temptations Resort for a fun vacation. We heard so many great things and were very excited to be there. On the last day of our visit we checked out of our rooms at around 10:30am. We asked them to hold our bags until 3:00pm, the time we needed to leave for our flight back home. We spent the day hanging out by the pool and walking around the resort. At around 2:00pm when we were getting ready to shower and leave, the concierge approached my friend saying we owed about $500 because the TV in the room was broken. My friend asked to see the room with the broken TV because the TV was perfectly fine the whole week and when we checked out. The manager escorted him back to the room where he saw a totally different TV that had a fist punched through it. The TV that we had in the room, and the TV brand they use for the hotel, is a Vizio. The broken TV they showed him was an LG TV that was smaller and a different color. The broken TV wasn't even plugged into the wall. We asked if we could show him pictures that we had of the TV on our camera to prove that it wasn't the TV in our room. The manager refused to look at the camera and wouldn't even allow us to get the camera or anything else out of our bags until we paid. And then he decided to call the cops on us. At this point we needed to leave right away to make our flight so we paid the money. When we were finally able to get the camera out of our bag and the manager saw us looking at the pictures of the correct TV, he immediately threw us out of the resort.

Needless to say this was the worst experience ever. We felt that we were taken advantage of because we are young and American. They waited until the last possiblde minute to throw this charge on us. They blackmailed us into paying it by calling the police and causing us to almost miss our flight home. DO NOT STAY AT THIS RESORT! If they scammed us, they will scam you too! Don't do it!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
47 Thank Allison2112
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I went to Cancun with a big group of friends from the 7th of July to the 14th... best experience of my life. Attentive staff, great food especially for an all-inclusive, and the bartenders did a great job with the drinks. We had a room in the PatyO but it was on the opposite side and we heard no noise at all. Didn't matter much as we usually partied there until 2AM like beasts. Shows were fun, games also. We didn't need to fend off timeshare sharks, but probably because we were a 25-year old average group.

As I said, the staff was the best part. Just great people, and from the top of my head I can name "Tiger", Pablo, Wilberth, Lourdes. There were many others but the hazy party nights make it hard. Also look for Saul by the towel area, he booked us some great tours/trips. Just an excellent place, but be reminded... Only for open-minded adults. No prudes. Biggest con was that most people were in couples, many ladies were already 40+, and the younger single ladies were cornered from every place it seems.

Room Tip: Quiet Pool side!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends