“Not bad, nice place, but it is a budget resort and not really high quality.”

Temptation Cancun Resort
Ranked #3 of 134 Specialty Lodging in Cancun
London
“Not bad, nice place, but it is a budget resort and not really high quality.”
Reviewed May 4, 2011

Location is ok, beach is not the best in cancun - better to stay at other places if you like a good beach. Staff very freindly and welcoming, food not great even if it was free (all inclusive) prob won't stay here again, i would prefer to pay more and stay at a better more up-scale resort with better beaches and better quality food...the adverts on the website are not entirely what you get. More sleezy than sexy. If you are comparing it to other "adult" resorts then you are likely to be disappointed.

2 Thank nellymelly

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (966)
  • Polish first
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed May 3, 2011

This was our second trip to Temptation Cancun. While we have been to many resorts around the world, of course they all have their differences. I can say that Temptation receives top marks for good value for the money in many categories. First, we were looking for an adult only resort. The last thing we needed was to have our hard earned vacation to be spoiled by someone else's brats running around screaming, splashing and whatever else.
The staff at Temptation are among the most friendly and professional I have ever encountered. Many of them have been there for a number of years (which should tell you something about the management).
All, without exception, from bartenders, to waiters, concierge, maids, gardeners, were extremely friendly and helpful. They go the extra mile to track you down on the resort to bring you the next drink, figuring it's been 40 minutes or so, therefore you must be ready for another! Of course a daily routine of tips always helps them remember you.
The whole property is very clean. There's an army of cleaning staff constantly sweeping, mopping, washing windows, cleaning up the bar area, glasses, dishes or what have you.
A great place to have a relaxing intimate holiday with your significant other. The restaurants (including the buffet) all have varied menus and are absolutely outstanding. The only one we found was a bit overrated was the Italian restaurant. But then, I'm spoiled because I have an Italian wife .There have been many comments about swingers or topless women (who maybe should look in the mirror) but basically it's a place people go to just let loose and relax. I'm sure if you're looking for some swinging action, you'll find it. The games at the main pool are a little raunchy, but if you're easily scandalized, you shouldn't go there.
There are of course always people who can't hold their liquor and generally make fools of themselves. But you can easily ignore them.
The only one thing that is of the utmost irritation is the constant boom-tshck boom-tshck boom-tshck of the techno disco garbage music. The DJ there wouldn't know what real music is. No recognizable tunes, no tunes at all actually - just noise - over and over again. The same garbage day in, day out, all day.
The saving grace is the quiet pool. You can always escape the nonsense and go to the quiet pool section (which is what we generally did after 11:00 am when the washing machine sound started).
There's a really nice bar in the evening called the Paty'O Bar. Again, it's ruined by the same unbearable noise of techno disco garbage. It would have been great to lounge around and have a drink with some good music - but alas, even speaking with the DJ gets you nowhere.
Understandably , you can't please everyone, but with just a bit of decent music - you could be "living a dream" at Temptation.

1 Thank PurpleVTwin
Peace River, Canada
Reviewed May 1, 2011

I was at temptation from april 3-10th I have never been to a resort before and although there is bad reviews for this place I have no complaints I travelled with my brother we each had seperate rooms that were on oppisite sides of the resort which was no big deal. The food was good. Not perfect but I came down to party. If you don't tip you wont get good service lots of people in the tourism industry in mexico do not get paid a wage they make their living off tips so if you tip well you will get treated amazingly. I spent pretty much all my time at the sexy pool during the day and the games they have are hilarous and funny. All the staff members work hard there if you don't like loud music or music with bass then I wold not go to the sexy pool I had a blast and can't wait to go back again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank estey14
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 30, 2011

Rooms:
When we first arrived at Temptations, I must admit i was sort of disappointed. The rooms were clean but very dated. Rust and mildew were on all the fixtures. Be sure to book a room in the quiet section if you want to get a little sleep. Our second night there the bathroom drain had a horrible urine smell. We requested maintenance and went to dinner. My husband left the restaurant to get tip money for our waiter and thats when we discovered that our safe had been tampered with and money we had left from shopping was taken. The bulk of the money was hidden in our luggage but of course the hotel insisted no one can get in your safe. Beware safe codes can be easily be changed! The 3rd night we were upgraded to the Temptation Suite that are nicer but not worth the extra money.
Food and Drinks:
The food was decent with the exception of the Village Wok, it was superb. Not a lot of variety daily but it gets the job done. Oliver is the best bartender on the resort in my opinion. You will find him by the quiet pool.
Beach/Pool:
The beach was very disappointing. Too small and not comfortable to walk on. The quiet pool was my favorite spot until some guests on the rowdy side takes over. Some people had to be escorted from the quiet pool due to their antics.
Entertainment:
Almost non existent. They have the techno music playing at the so call sexy pool all day and it just a lot of drunken noise. The real entertainment shows are off site and requires an additional fee of approximately $45 per person. I was not allowed in the Thursday casino night because my lingerie was not see through and I thought that was pretty tacky. Everyone should have been allowed to dress to their comfort level but I guess with the ambiance of the resort they want things as trashy as possible.
Temptations is enjoyable but don't depend on their activities to provide your enjoyment. We were lucky to run into some very nice people and enjoy conversations and drinks. I would only recommend Tempations to a few selected friends.

5 Thank jdwash28
guelph
Reviewed April 29, 2011

This resort was amazing all week long, food was great, service was excellent, watersports guy were awesome! Would recommand to anybody who like to have fun and meet good people.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank GuelphCancuncdn
Canada
Reviewed April 29, 2011

We were at Temptations Cancun for 2 weeks and found the place to be top notch. We do a lot of travelling and found the atmosphere at Temptations very appealing and as I have stated had a sexy vibe to it. Last year we were at Temptations Los Cobos and wanted to try Cancun.

Temptation Cancun had great food, superb and prompt service and a friendly atmosphere (believe me the workers at this resort work hard). Even though you don't have to tip we chose to do so and believe one of the most important workers is the maid who quietly cleans around all your belongings in your room and does a fantastic job.

Most days we chose to lay on the beach with their great new loungers but had to take in the entertainment at the sexy pool. We just grabbed a drink and found a place to watch (we had lots of laughs and believe me it does a person good to laugh). Yes if you are a prude you may find some of it offensive but if you have read the reviews you shouldn't choose this place.

My spouse and I are in our 50's but still like to party and have a good time. We noticed all the extra energy and happenings around us but as long as they weren't bothering us all the power to them. We sure aren't ready to check into the nursing home yet.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank barnja
MONTREAL
Reviewed April 28, 2011

If you are someone who wants to live the moment, meet new people or simply get tempted by someone like you, this is your place!!!
Service: I found the service at the reception was not so good. One of the guy who was working there, he simply wouldn’t listen to me when I was asking him about the room to be changed. The first room that we got was just in from of the bar…very noisy, NO WAY YOU CAN FALL ASLEAP.
The beach is clean and very well maintained, but that’s it…
I found the food was average; however my friends who travelled with me enjoyed this lot.
What I really loved was the Italian restaurant, best service I ever got! I was impressed that they would remember the name of everybody and they would address to you by the name. The food was delicious, plus we managed to get the reservation for every night, we almost didn’t eat at the buffet.
There are a lot of things to do and you do not need to pay for this additional. If you are someone who wants to have fun, you just need to stay closer to the sexy pool, otherwise find a place in the relaxing pool area, listening to the relaxing goooood music.
People who go there, usually are very open-minded and willing to experience something different…Almost no limits!!!
I wish you enjoy your trip as I did!!! You are going to love this place!!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo