Going off of what other reviews had to say......
Yes, the resort is out of the way and away from the "Hotel Zone". Do not be alarmed by the neighborhood as you drive to the resort. We didn't have the first problem. We drove in at night and I was quite alarmed at the scenery. The next day, we ventured out and were fine. It looks very rough, but one has to remember that you are in a third world country!
Other reviews ramble on about poor service....I don't know what resort they were at but it wasn't the Sea Adventure. It may have had something to do with the fact that we actually tipped the wait staff and bartenders which we noticed alot of other people were NOT doing. Just beccause its an all inclusive doesn't mean you shouldn't tip. Trust me, tips go a long way in Mexico. Christian, Daniel and Isly went out of their way to make our meals a pleasureable event. Orlando is a great bartender. Ivan and Dario (and the rest of the activities staff) made the dinner shows a blast. 10 out of 10 on the service.
Rooms were slightly older, but they were better than most American hotels. No cleanliness issues at all. Other reviews complained about paying for the use of the in room safe.....we had 4 rooms and all used our safes....no charges. Water park was great for the kids. We sat poolside and drank and ate lunch. Tons of activities for the kids at the water park.
The beach did have alot of seawead on it but they raked it every moning. Water was crystal clear around the resort. Activities staff was always around the beach starting soccer matches, volleyball games, lending out Kayaks and Hobie Cat sailboats. My only recommendation for beach activities would be to have snorkeling equipment available for the guests use.
Pool does close fairly early but you cant have everything. I would suggest that if you want on of the chaise lounges on the pool deck, go out early and lay a towel to claim it. Even in January, the deck filled up rather quickly. Pool isnt huge, but it was adequete.
Food was very Americanized. Not much Mexican food available. Always a wide variety to choose from. Great for kids cause there was always spaghetti, burgers, hot dogs and french fries available. Outdoor snack bar was open practically all night. Frequently had fresh fried grouper available.....I ate alot of that. Each night was a different theme so to speak. Found it hard to distinguish Italian night from Meditereanian night or Mexican night. But there was always different items on the dinner buffet. I would rate the food as 7 out of 10.
I read reports about watered down and small drinks. Outside they do serve EVERYTHING in 9oz plastic cups around the pools and water park for safety reasons. IT WAS ALL INCLUSIVE....your not paying full price for small drinks.....just drink more small drinks. I can personally say that the drinks were NOT weak or watered down....but again, we were doing something that most people weren't....TIPPING! 50 pesos (approx $5 US) goes a long way. I coulnd't empty a glass! I would get halfway trough and my drink would get refilled. Suggestion....ask for a BOB Marley!
The price of this resort is very low compared to some others but it was well worth the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark invites you to enjoy exciting activities for children and fun events for adults in a fun-packed, yet relaxing experience. Include swimming pools with children's swimming areas and inset jacuzzis, white sand beaches, three restaurants, three bars, dinner theater, fitness center, kids club, daily activities and nightly entertainment. All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark offers you an oasis of family fun for a sunny and unforgettable vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Adventure Resort & Waterpark Hotel Cancun
- Sea Adventure Resort And Waterpark
- Blue Bay Cancun
- Blue Bay Hotel Cancun
- Blue Bay Club Cancun Mexico
- Blue Bay Club Mexico