During our trip to the BBC Sept 2004 (Blue Bay Club) it took about 1hour to check in, due to the 1 person on reception doing hundreds of jobs, we were then told that a bell boy would take us to our room, but after waiting a while I asked reception how long the bellboy was going to be? She bellowed "your room 2nd floor, round corner". So we had to make our own way to find our room, Oh and what a disappointment when we got to our room, it was Dull, Dark, and the bathroom was dirty. The air con sounded like a helicoptor in our room, we then opened the curtains that led onto the balcony and all we saw was the dusty road that we had come on, and the disgusting SMELL of sewage.
The hotel is nowhere near any of the other hotels, you are well and truly out of the way.
Next day we had a walk around the pool to find that the decking was not there due to hurricane damage, the swim up bar was boarded up, and the pool area was tiny, holding about 25 loungers around the pool, you might think, 'well go on the beach' we would of done but you had to dodge the mini tractors working on the beach with the sewage.
The beach was stoney and full of seaweed, and STUNK!
During our first nights sleep there was an adjoining door to the room next to us, there was lads staying in that room, about 3am they came back from a night out and woke us up by trying to get into our room laughing shouting and swearing rattling on the door.
Next day we tried to book the 1 restuarant that was at the hotel, to find out that once you have booked you then had to pay for your drinks, and you could only go in the restaurant TWICE in our TWO WEEKS stay????
We had our welcome meeting that day and asked our rep to move us, we ended up at the sister hotel, The Blue Bay Gettaway, and what a difference considering it was related to the Blue Bay Club, friendly staff, cleaner hotel, the food was delicious.
Our room was outstanding, we were taken to our room by the bellboy, the room was lovely, bright and clean and overlooking the sea, bed linin was changed everyday along with the room being cleaned everyday, what a difference.
Well you have been warned about the Blue Bay Club, the only visiter for that place should be the BULLDOZERS
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark invites you to enjoy exciting activities for children and fun events for adults in a fun-packed, yet relaxing experience. Include swimming pools with children's swimming areas and inset jacuzzis, white sand beaches, three restaurants, three bars, dinner theater, fitness center, kids club, daily activities and nightly entertainment. All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark offers you an oasis of family fun for a sunny and unforgettable vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Adventure Resort And Waterpark
- Sea Adventure Resort & Waterpark Hotel Cancun
- Blue Bay Cancun
- Blue Bay Hotel Cancun
- Blue Bay Club Cancun Mexico
- Blue Bay Club Mexico