Traveling from usa with wife and toddler, we were getting dental work done so we spend most of our day at dentist (otherwise we would have canceled our booking)
-The lobby has no ac, neither does dinning area. we did get sweaty
-upgraded to junior sweet which had a sliding door to beach, room looks decent, beds were springy, very uncomfortable
-beach is very small, 10 feet in front of most resort, there is a area a little wider for activies and volleyball net, beach was full of nasty sea weed that piled up in on beach every morning, 2 guys with a wheel barrel try to clean it up with little success. the water was nasty most of the time, partly from the storm they said, but I rented taxi to go to public beach in the hotel zone, the water was beautiful as can be, bluish/green even the waves were harsh.
-food- dining room buffet and breakfast- food was horrible, we almost were hungry. so bland, tasteless, we could barely swallow it after 6th day. couldn't wait to leave for the states.
-reserved dinner- had Italian one night, they took the tables that were poolside where they cook burgers during the day. and set up Italian dinner, they gave us old musty bread, that fell apart once you cut into it, salad bar was a joke, lettuce, mushrooms, pickles, green pepper, embarrassing. I had lasagna and wife had Alfred, it was barely eatable, we had to eat or we would be hungry. never reserved dinner after that.
-no one person swam in nasty ocean, the pool was full with locals, load of kids crowded the pool the entire day. didn't go to water park
For anyone who is on the line whether to book or not, this resort should be no more 2 stars, we made a big mistake of booking outside of hotel zone, just overpay a few hundred dollars and get a good reputable resort. we had a miserable time, and couldn't wait to get home. the beach was horrible, the view is horrible, blocked by boats that were parked. I talked to manager to cancel, (which would be one night penalty) but he said he needed a cancel order from expedia. After calling them 3 times and waiting 20 minutes on hold (international roaming) I gave up and just decided to stay it out.
This resort is mainly for locals, 90% of people were Mexican, less then 10 where white. This resort great for locals but if your from a first world country you will be hard pressed to be satisfied.
This is a honest review which comes from someone that last year alone had successful stays in Washington dc, Gatlinburg tn, Charleston sc, st Petersburg florida.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark invites you to enjoy exciting activities for children and fun events for adults in a fun-packed, yet relaxing experience. Include swimming pools with children's swimming areas and inset jacuzzis, white sand beaches, three restaurants, three bars, dinner theater, fitness center, kids club, daily activities and nightly entertainment. All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark offers you an oasis of family fun for a sunny and unforgettable vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, TravelUp, Priceline, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Adventure Resort And Waterpark
- Sea Adventure Resort & Waterpark Hotel Cancun
- Blue Bay Cancun
- Blue Bay Hotel Cancun
- Blue Bay Club Cancun Mexico
- Blue Bay Club Mexico