“true review from 1st world country usa”

All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark
Ranked #59 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Traveling from usa with wife and toddler, we were getting dental work done so we spend most of our day at dentist (otherwise we would have canceled our booking)
-The lobby has no ac, neither does dinning area. we did get sweaty
-upgraded to junior sweet which had a sliding door to beach, room looks decent, beds were springy, very uncomfortable
-beach is very small, 10 feet in front of most resort, there is a area a little wider for activies and volleyball net, beach was full of nasty sea weed that piled up in on beach every morning, 2 guys with a wheel barrel try to clean it up with little success. the water was nasty most of the time, partly from the storm they said, but I rented taxi to go to public beach in the hotel zone, the water was beautiful as can be, bluish/green even the waves were harsh.
-food- dining room buffet and breakfast- food was horrible, we almost were hungry. so bland, tasteless, we could barely swallow it after 6th day. couldn't wait to leave for the states.
-reserved dinner- had Italian one night, they took the tables that were poolside where they cook burgers during the day. and set up Italian dinner, they gave us old musty bread, that fell apart once you cut into it, salad bar was a joke, lettuce, mushrooms, pickles, green pepper, embarrassing. I had lasagna and wife had Alfred, it was barely eatable, we had to eat or we would be hungry. never reserved dinner after that.
-no one person swam in nasty ocean, the pool was full with locals, load of kids crowded the pool the entire day. didn't go to water park

For anyone who is on the line whether to book or not, this resort should be no more 2 stars, we made a big mistake of booking outside of hotel zone, just overpay a few hundred dollars and get a good reputable resort. we had a miserable time, and couldn't wait to get home. the beach was horrible, the view is horrible, blocked by boats that were parked. I talked to manager to cancel, (which would be one night penalty) but he said he needed a cancel order from expedia. After calling them 3 times and waiting 20 minutes on hold (international roaming) I gave up and just decided to stay it out.

This resort is mainly for locals, 90% of people were Mexican, less then 10 where white. This resort great for locals but if your from a first world country you will be hard pressed to be satisfied.
This is a honest review which comes from someone that last year alone had successful stays in Washington dc, Gatlinburg tn, Charleston sc, st Petersburg florida.

Room Tip: no tip, find another resort
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank msonufriychuk
Write a ReviewReviews (2,799)

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Had a great holiday, food good, hotel clean, in a good location. We love the Sea Adventure Resort as it's away from the main Cancun strip, good for families. The only disappointment were the rooms, had a damp musty smell and in need of a little TLC. These were standard rooms alas not like the one shown in the Thomas Cook brochure. If you required a more updated room you had to pay a large supplement which the reception staff were constantly pushing. A standard room should have been of better quality, hope these rooms will be updated. Staff very friendly nothing too much trouble. Shortage of glasses proved to be a problem at times, had to collect some before we could get a drink, needs a glass collector. Hope next time we visit the rooms have been updated but not at an extra cost

Room Tip: Rooms on hotel side of complex are slightly better
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank CHRISTINE N
Reviewed May 2, 2014

We arrived 4/21 and stayed till 4/28 of this year, the sea adventure was new too us. We have small children and found this place to be perfect for families. The food offered a wide variety and selection, some not the greatest, but it was a hit for all of us. The staff went out of there way to appease us, my husband cut his foot on something and they onsite paramedic cleaned it out and attended to his needs, he even got the bandage changed several days after that every morning. The security at the door was always smiling and offering a helping hand with the stroller. The waterpark was great, it offered a way to burn some energy or you could go hang by the pool or beach. They offered volleyball, horseshoes, kayaking, paddleboarding, and windsurfing no charge and you could go grab what you wanted without having to sign any papers, this made it easy and always fun!!!!! The entertainment was amazing they offered several shows, like Michael Jackson impersonator--Lion, King, and Peter Pan, the staff participated and they were no average joes one guy was climbing curtains hung from the ceiling and doing Cirque de Soleil stunts hahahah how cool that we got to spend our days at the beach and offered a great show at night!!!

Room Tip: We were on the ocean view side, it offered a balcony and a great view of the ocean!!
1  Thank Sarah F
VARRIOJA, Guest Service at All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2014

Thank you for take the time to share your opinion about our resort, we are happy to know that our service pleased you. On behalf of all the staff at Sea Adventure Resort & Waterpark, it was a pleasure to serve you during your vacations and we appreciate your preference and look forward to see you soon.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

We just got back from our third visit to Sea Adventure, which pretty much tells you how much we like it. It's a great family resort, especially for younger kids. We were there April 22-29, so we saw the resort both full and empty. My husband and I agreed that even when the hotel was at capacity, we enjoyed ourselves. Yes, it was harder to find chairs in the shade and we had to wait longer at the bars to be served, but you'll find that at any resort the two weeks surrounding Easter (suggestion - more umbrellas at the waterpark). The staff worked incredibly hard to accommodate everyone (the staff all worked 15 days straight,10hrs or more per day, with no days off over that period). The staff that were there last year all remembered us and greeted us enthusiastically. Our room was nice, right on the beach, and always super clean. I slept like a log in the firm bed with great a/c, and nice quiet surroundings. They now give bottled water (as many as you want - the maid left 2/day but offered us more) which was nice. All the water & ice in the restaurants/bars is purified, so we have never had any stomach problems in 3 years. The restaurants were a nice change from the buffet - Mexican and International were delicious. Italian was disappointing, just OK (bring back the brick oven pizza!). I always found something tasty on the buffets (soups are delicious) and the breakfasts are stellar! The snack bars served gigantic cheeseburgers that my kids loved, and nice grilled chicken sandwiches that I enjoyed. The kids club gals, as always, were kind and friendly and my kids enjoyed going there. The shows are, well, clearly not professional, but they're the same incredibly hardworking folks taking care of your kids, leading sports, and waiting on you all day long. The kids love the shows, and the performers are enthusiastic.
Wifi, unfortunately, is rather pricey (suggestion - free wifi would be appreciated).
The weather was lovely while we were there - a bit windy the last two days, which made a lot of sea grass wash up on the beach, but nothing they can do about that! I felt completely safe there the whole time - there are many security guards patrolling the resort 24/7. I am a bit of an early riser, so I went out walking early several mornings and locals all greeted me with a curious "buenos dias". Travelling into Cancun centro is a piece of cake - just get on the colectivo (7 pesos = 55 cents) then you can catch any other bus to wherever you want to go. (Shopping at Mercado 28 is fun, don't get annoyed by the aggressive salespeople, just smile and say "no gracias"). Be sure to check out El Meco, the mayan ruins just a short 10min walk from the hotel. It is a peaceful oasis full of birds, iguanas, and ruins.

Veronica, the concierge, went out of her way to do anything she could to make our vacation pleasant. The front desk lady (Sharifa or something like that) was so pleasant and helpful. Joaquin and Ivan were friendly entertainers, and Wendy and all the kids club staff were great with the kids. Jose, Alejandro, Lorena, and so many other waiters were outstandingly professional. Thank you, Carlos executive chef, and his supervisor (I can't remember his name), for working so hard to serve us (and for the mangos!). The food & beverage supervisor was patrolling all the restaurants all day long, and when there was a line to be seated at the buffet, he got down there and cleared/set tables himself to speed the turnover and help out the waitstaff.

Bottom line - if you don't like kids, look elsewhere. This place loves kids, and when the kids are happy, the parents are happy. Also, if you're expecting a 5* resort, go to one and pay twice as much. You can't beat this place for the reasonable prices and friendly atmosphere. I look forward to coming back again next year.

Room Tip: I like the rooms on the north beach side, but some people like the ones on the waterpark side becaus...
2  Thank outdoorgalDelaware
VARRIOJA, Guest Services at All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2014

Thank you for take the time to share your opinion about our resort, we are happy to know that our service pleased you. On behalf of all the staff at Sea Adventure Resort & Waterpark, it was a pleasure to serve you during your vacations, we appreciate your preference and look forward to see you soon.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

We arrived at this resort on a Thursday. that night they had dinner on the beach. it was awesome. My wife and three kids and the grands. This kids had fun at the waterpark, but this hotel was over crowded to the max (lots of tattoos and mostly locals) and the food was just average. The pools were very very crowded on Friday and Saturday and the bars were understaffed and crowded. Clearly, they were offering some kind of special deal. Since its located off the beaten path, good luck getting to a decent grocery or dept store like walmart. The nearest one is a $30-40 US cab ride away, minimum. And if you want to get to the hotel zone for shopping or site seeing, plan to fork out at least another $100 US round trip. The in-house shop capitalizes on this and you pay double for just about everything. 8 oz bottle of aloe? $20 US. A small bag of plastic water toys? $20 US. The most disappointing part of the experience was the hotel's advertised "restaurants" were not actual restaurants; the outdoor cafe area immediately adjacent to the main dining room buffet was given a quick upgrade with some tablecloths and a "special" menu with tableservice. lol. The food at the buffet was better (not great, but better) so we walked into the dining room and brought our food out to the restaurant. The fitness room was a nice surprise. Well equipped and virtually empty - and no charge! If you get internet service, get it via the internet. Don't pay for it at the reception - it costs a bit more and cuts out constantly. The beach was small, but functional. Overall, you get what you pay for with this hotel, but I'd pay more just to be further south in the hotel zone, closer to the airport and other attractions.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

We were here from April 4th to the 14th and could not have asked for more. We arrived around noon on the 4th, it was hot, kids were tired and we knew our room wouldn't be ready. We got a drink, walked around and soon enough we were in.
Rooms - we had an oceanview and I would highly recommend it. Lots of space, microwave and fridge, perfect with small kids. (ours are 3 and 5) Our room had a king bed and a pull out couch (neon pink) which thrilled the kids. Very clean, air conditioning wasn't noisy, my only complaint was the hot water. If you tried to shower or bath kids from around 4-6 you were doing it in cold water or had none at all. Big deal, shower at a different time. Its a big place and that's a busy time.
Food - not fantastic. Breakfast was always excellent in the buffet. Lunch and dinner were pretty bland and often looked sloppy. You won't starve but I would not say its good food. They do have a kids section with Disney bowls especially for them however it wasn't usually much better. The snack restaurants out on the patio and by the waterpark have burgers, hotdogs, fries and chicken wings, pretty easy to keep kids happy with that.
Pools and Waterpark - awesome. If your kids are little the toddler area is perfect, no deep water. Main pool on the hotel side is also great because one is also super shallow. Yes the waterpark is across the road from the main hotel however you walk through a tunnel to get there not across the busy road as I read in another review and the staff stress constantly that you should not walk on the road. During the weekend there did tend to be more day trippers but we just went to the pools instead.
Shows - excellent, they are interactive, energetic and my kids were mesmerized. My kids loved Charlie who is the activities manager and is also in all of the shows.
On the whole, this is an excellent place to take younger kids. The vacations we look for now are much different than in past years as its about the kids having fun. This place is that. A smaller, kid friendly resort with friendly staff.

Room Tip: Oceanview so you're away from the waterpark.
1  Thank DavenSammy
Reviewed April 28, 2014

This is arguably one of the worst hotels I ever stayed at. It is located in a real economicially disadvantaged area with lots of rundown homes and litter. We walked into a sweltering hotel lobby decorated with cheap Mayan decor. Our room was a decent enough size, but that is about the only positive statement I can make. My wife immediately noticed a slew of red ants, but we attributed it to the heat and tried to ignore them since they only in the closet. A short time later we noticed an infestation of another insect all over the counters and then requested a room change, which occurred five hours later. The "new" room was the same size, but at least it was superficially clean. Oh the horrors.... I was excited to learn that this room did not require a key but a key card. I soon yearned for a key entry though, since the key card worked sporadically. Also the door had a door stopper located on the exterior that was always interfering with closing the door. Other wonders in the room included: a loud ac and super slick floors. The next day after giving our daughter a bath; we noticed the water did not drain from the tub. We called maintenance, who promptly showed up a hour later to plunge the tub. Later than evening my wife decided to take a shower, however she was unable to due to a lack of water pressure. It returned the next day, but not our hot water. Neither did the maids who opted not to clean our rooms that day.
Now I could perhaps overlook the lousy accommodations, mediocre food and watered down drinks with bottom shelf selection, but the waterpark was extremely dangerous. The first day my daughter and I walked across the street(yes I did say street) and found out it did not open til 10:00 am. However, since we were early and the general public was still on siesta we essentially had the park to ourselves. Our second ride down my five year old daughter and I attempted to go down the red tubular water slide together. We got stuck five feet from the top due to the lack of water pressure -no we are not candidates for the Biggest Loser. It was truly scary. I tried to walk back up the slide with my daughter and escape but we couldn't. After waiting about five minutes in darkness with a screaming five year old and panicking middle aged guy the water pressure surged and we were able to escape. As soon as we reached the bottom, I was immediately confronted by a Mexican oompla who was asking for the a ball which I had picked up from a bin when we first walked into the Park. I was unaware that this was not for hotel guests, since there was not signs indicating otherwise. As I explained to the lady that I need to talk to someone about the unsafe experience that just occurred. She brought over Veronika the "assistant pool manager" who basically called me a liar and demanded I return the ball. I refused to after my terrifying experience and finally Jimmy the pool manager resolved the situation to my satisfaction. 20 minutes later the "owner" walked over not inquiring about our safety or our wellbeing but asking about the plastic ball. I directed him to Jimmy and he disappeared. Needless to say, a few minutes later as the temperature started to climb, the general public arrived in hordes. Despite my harrowing experience, I decided to stay for my daughter just avoiding the tubular slides. After lunch we returned to our lounge chairs and were accosted by some women speaking in broken English that we were selfish because my daughter and I didn't need two lounge chairs.
Surprisingly our experience improved when we left the Waterpark and stayed exclusively in the hotel pools and the relaxing beach loaded with seaweed. Despite having to give the blood of my first born to get towels, I did enjoy the oceanside water activities. While I was disappointed to learn that pool bar was a ruse that did not actually serve drinks overall I liked my pool time. Our other disappointment was the necessity of speaking Spanish for the Kids club. Since my daughter cannot speak Spanish, she could not communicate with any of the other kids.
Oh yeah one last thing, there is no free WIFI at Sea Adventure, it costs 10 dollars a day.

My wife reminded me I needed to talk about some of the positive parts of the trip:
Mexican hospitality, kind waiter at Oysters(very decent dining experience), Ivan, the boat ride and of course the weather.

1  Thank dd o
VARRIOJA, Guest Service at All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2014

Thank you for visiting Sea Adventure Resort, we appreciate your feedback and apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay, we are working in the things that you mentioned in your post, we have a maintenance program at the rooms and the water park, we are going to increase it. About the beach we work every day to remove seaweed when it comes.
Ivan and the Oysters restaurant waiter are glad for your kind comment

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cancun
Emporio Cancun
Oasis Palm
Oasis Palm
#74 of 177 in Cancun
The Royal Islander All Suites Resort

Been to All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark? Share your experiences!