“My kids couldn't have been happier”

All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark
Ranked #52 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
Simcoe, Canada
“My kids couldn't have been happier”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

We were here from April 4th to the 14th and could not have asked for more. We arrived around noon on the 4th, it was hot, kids were tired and we knew our room wouldn't be ready. We got a drink, walked around and soon enough we were in.
Rooms - we had an oceanview and I would highly recommend it. Lots of space, microwave and fridge, perfect with small kids. (ours are 3 and 5) Our room had a king bed and a pull out couch (neon pink) which thrilled the kids. Very clean, air conditioning wasn't noisy, my only complaint was the hot water. If you tried to shower or bath kids from around 4-6 you were doing it in cold water or had none at all. Big deal, shower at a different time. Its a big place and that's a busy time.
Food - not fantastic. Breakfast was always excellent in the buffet. Lunch and dinner were pretty bland and often looked sloppy. You won't starve but I would not say its good food. They do have a kids section with Disney bowls especially for them however it wasn't usually much better. The snack restaurants out on the patio and by the waterpark have burgers, hotdogs, fries and chicken wings, pretty easy to keep kids happy with that.
Pools and Waterpark - awesome. If your kids are little the toddler area is perfect, no deep water. Main pool on the hotel side is also great because one is also super shallow. Yes the waterpark is across the road from the main hotel however you walk through a tunnel to get there not across the busy road as I read in another review and the staff stress constantly that you should not walk on the road. During the weekend there did tend to be more day trippers but we just went to the pools instead.
Shows - excellent, they are interactive, energetic and my kids were mesmerized. My kids loved Charlie who is the activities manager and is also in all of the shows.
On the whole, this is an excellent place to take younger kids. The vacations we look for now are much different than in past years as its about the kids having fun. This place is that. A smaller, kid friendly resort with friendly staff.

Room Tip: Oceanview so you're away from the waterpark.
1 Thank DavenSammy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
  • Polish first
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed April 28, 2014

This is arguably one of the worst hotels I ever stayed at. It is located in a real economicially disadvantaged area with lots of rundown homes and litter. We walked into a sweltering hotel lobby decorated with cheap Mayan decor. Our room was a decent enough size, but that is about the only positive statement I can make. My wife immediately noticed a slew of red ants, but we attributed it to the heat and tried to ignore them since they only in the closet. A short time later we noticed an infestation of another insect all over the counters and then requested a room change, which occurred five hours later. The "new" room was the same size, but at least it was superficially clean. Oh the horrors.... I was excited to learn that this room did not require a key but a key card. I soon yearned for a key entry though, since the key card worked sporadically. Also the door had a door stopper located on the exterior that was always interfering with closing the door. Other wonders in the room included: a loud ac and super slick floors. The next day after giving our daughter a bath; we noticed the water did not drain from the tub. We called maintenance, who promptly showed up a hour later to plunge the tub. Later than evening my wife decided to take a shower, however she was unable to due to a lack of water pressure. It returned the next day, but not our hot water. Neither did the maids who opted not to clean our rooms that day.
Now I could perhaps overlook the lousy accommodations, mediocre food and watered down drinks with bottom shelf selection, but the waterpark was extremely dangerous. The first day my daughter and I walked across the street(yes I did say street) and found out it did not open til 10:00 am. However, since we were early and the general public was still on siesta we essentially had the park to ourselves. Our second ride down my five year old daughter and I attempted to go down the red tubular water slide together. We got stuck five feet from the top due to the lack of water pressure -no we are not candidates for the Biggest Loser. It was truly scary. I tried to walk back up the slide with my daughter and escape but we couldn't. After waiting about five minutes in darkness with a screaming five year old and panicking middle aged guy the water pressure surged and we were able to escape. As soon as we reached the bottom, I was immediately confronted by a Mexican oompla who was asking for the a ball which I had picked up from a bin when we first walked into the Park. I was unaware that this was not for hotel guests, since there was not signs indicating otherwise. As I explained to the lady that I need to talk to someone about the unsafe experience that just occurred. She brought over Veronika the "assistant pool manager" who basically called me a liar and demanded I return the ball. I refused to after my terrifying experience and finally Jimmy the pool manager resolved the situation to my satisfaction. 20 minutes later the "owner" walked over not inquiring about our safety or our wellbeing but asking about the plastic ball. I directed him to Jimmy and he disappeared. Needless to say, a few minutes later as the temperature started to climb, the general public arrived in hordes. Despite my harrowing experience, I decided to stay for my daughter just avoiding the tubular slides. After lunch we returned to our lounge chairs and were accosted by some women speaking in broken English that we were selfish because my daughter and I didn't need two lounge chairs.
Surprisingly our experience improved when we left the Waterpark and stayed exclusively in the hotel pools and the relaxing beach loaded with seaweed. Despite having to give the blood of my first born to get towels, I did enjoy the oceanside water activities. While I was disappointed to learn that pool bar was a ruse that did not actually serve drinks overall I liked my pool time. Our other disappointment was the necessity of speaking Spanish for the Kids club. Since my daughter cannot speak Spanish, she could not communicate with any of the other kids.
Oh yeah one last thing, there is no free WIFI at Sea Adventure, it costs 10 dollars a day.

My wife reminded me I needed to talk about some of the positive parts of the trip:
Mexican hospitality, kind waiter at Oysters(very decent dining experience), Ivan, the boat ride and of course the weather.

1 Thank dd o
VARRIOJA, Guest Service at All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
Thank you for visiting Sea Adventure Resort, we appreciate your feedback and apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay, we are working in the things that you mentioned in your post, we have a maintenance program at the rooms and the water park, we are going to increase it. About the beach we work every day to remove seaweed when it comes.
Ivan and the Oysters restaurant waiter are glad for your kind comment
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Mostly we eat at the buffet restaurant because the other ones needed reservations 2-3days in advance.The food was average and it was the same most days. The water park witch is why we chose this hotel was good and the kids had fun but it is also for the public not only for hotel guess. My daughter got an infection from the water. We got a room across the street from the hotel and on the last day we found a tick in our bed. While most of the staff was friendly the girl at the daycare center cared for some kids better than others.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Just returned from our 3rd visit to this hotel, this was the first time we had returned in 3 years & all of the staff greeted us like old friends. As with our previous visits had an absolutely amazing time, was incredibly sad to leave, i'm already itching to book next years.

Massive thanks to Joaquin, Ivan, Erik, Armando, Leo, Casimiro & Alejandro for another awesome holiday! We'll be back :o)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
VARRIOJA, Guest Service at All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion about our resort and mentioning part of our staff, we will make sure they know about your comment. On behalf of all the staff at Sea Adventure Resort & Waterpark, it was a pleasure having you with us again and we appreciate your preference and look forward to seeing you soon.
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 25, 2014

We came to this hotel after ordering it with expidia.well-
It's just don't what you expected.first - it's very remote place in a very bed area.the so called resort is split with road while the rooms are exposed to anyone that wish to come and say "hi" in the middle of the night.we wasn't feel safe there.
We had in the lobby a guy in the name of Karol's that wasn't nice at all. We asked a room with king size bed and received a bed that even smaller than queen size.the room is not clean , there is no minibar or refrigerator , the phone wasn't working and we had lots of ants.
We have small kid so if you planned to go with a stroller forget it - they don't have elevators or even ramps that can help you go.the food was very bed ! Wasn't clean ! After all the problems we had with the room we went to this karlos guy that didn't helped us at all !!!
Means it's not all inclusive at all !!! You get in the room only two bottles of water. My wife asked from the guy in the lobby bar bottle of water and he told her to go and buy it in the store.dont go there its a waste of money !
We left the next day in the morning !'and moved to iberostar hotel ! We got a refund from expidia ! It was one of our worst vacations ever .im traveling a lot and I lived even two years in the Dominican Republic so I have something to compare. Go there unless you are very cheep and don't care about your family , safety and your money !

• Stayed April 2014
5 Thank Bar_bar2014
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 25, 2014

This was our second holiday at this hotel, we went for our Easter Holidays this year and stayed there the sametime last year. This time we took two other families with us. As with our first stay we had another fantastic time. When I read some of the negative reports that other people make on this site I feel like they must be talking about a different hotel as their perception is completely different to ours:
Sea and beach - Yes this beach does have seaweed washed up onto it but the staff work hard all day to clear this, this is nature and not the hotels fault but they ensure it is cleared as much as possible. The sand is raked in the morning and is white and soft. I swam in the sea every day and when the wind is not strong, and therefore the sea is calm, we were snorkelling.
The staff - We have been to different countries/hotels and I have to say that the staffs at this hotel are the best we have come across - They are so helpful, efficient and polite!! The bar staff serve up all kinds of cocktails and appeared very experienced, with a special mention to Easou who was great!
Entertainment - The animation team are simply wonderful, they were great fun last year and remembered us this time. They provide constant activities throughout the day if you want to take part, if not then that’s also fine. The husbands and children from our group took part daily with activities such as water polo, water volley ball, beach volley ball, football, archery, mini golf, competitions. I could go on. Us ladies did take part in the water aerobics and yoga which were great but we also spent a lot of time sunbathing and drinking cocktails! The water sports, such as, kayaks, windsurfing etc are free to use as is the games room which has a pool table, air hockey, ping pong etc and is great if the kids get to hot and need to cool down. In the evening they have shows such as Peter Pan and The Lion King, followed by family entertainment with games such as scavenger hunt (we laughed so much) Mr and Mrs Sea Adventure and karaoke etc. This then ends with a disco until 1:00pm. There is a kids club, but our children are older so they didn’t use it but other people told me that their children loved it and did not want to come out. I saw the staff take them to the pool, water park, to dinner, they made things etc. All of this team were so patient and kind and some of them we felt became like friends - quihim (cant spell this), Ivan, Erik, Charlie to name but a few.
I read another review about the person not feeling safe but I have to disagree with this as their were security guards at the front of the hotel and during the evening and night time they walk around the hotel. Within our group we had three 17 year olds who wanted to stay out later than us at times, we put the normal protective factors into place e.g., they were not to be on their own, they walked home in groups etc ( all the things you would do in any situation) and they had a fantastic time. By the end of the holiday their friendship group included English, Americans, Canadians and Mexicans.
Whilst there, our group had two birthdays and after booking the meal with the lovely lady (Im sorry but I forgot her name) she arranged for cakes to be provided and again the staff were so accommodating, singing happy birthday etc.
The hotel are working on the rooms and this is the only thing that I can find fault with, but only because the ones we have been in are still not updated but this is in progress and I must say that our rooms were all very clean and the maids did a fantastic job.
The food - I see that some people have left negative remarks, but again I don’t agree. It’s an all-inclusive and they are catering for many different nationalities and we always found food to eat and what we ate was nice. Our youngest struggled with some of the food choices but she always found something and didn’t starve!
I have also read that people have an issue with the water park being across a road and open to the public. And I can say that both years neither of these have been of any issue to us. The road is very quiet, however, there is a short underpass and we have always found sunbeds there when we went across.
My husband and our eldest daughter went scuba diving and highly recommend the company – ‘Deep Life Divers’ which is walking distance from the hotel and my husband used this last year, brilliant!
Remember this is a 3* hotel so if you want the Ritz then go pay Ritz prices. I think that some people moan for the sake of moaning. We felt completely at home there and enjoyed both of our stays.
So would we stay here a third time?.......OH YES!!

2 Thank geme77
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 21, 2014

It was just me and my husband, we had no kids with us so we didn't use the waterpark. To mention that the waterpark is separate from the main beach so there were not too many kids around the beach. I found this resort to be more than I was expecting. Before booking this holiday I wasn't sure what to expect because of some negative reviews I read. But now I can say that this is a fabulous hotel. The cleaning is impeccable all around the resort, they cleaned our room every day and changed sheets and towels daily. I know that this is not a 5star hotel but you could fool me... Food is all inclusive which tells you everything, but there was something for everyone and there were couple restaurant a la carte which was a bonus- specially the oyster restaurant was amazing- looked so posh and classy. The sea was great, you have kayaks and sailing boats included in the price for you to use and there were always enough chairs on the beach for everyone. I could go on and on... but I will just say that I had a great time in this resort and every employee gives 100% in their job and they more than deserve to be tipped occasionally- for £1 more or less which is nothing for me and you it is a great deal for them. A tip: if you have an adventurous spirit you should try using the mini buses to go to town- they are so cheap and the driving is crazy.

Room Tip: we had a room facing the sea at lv 3 and apart from the aircon noise was quiet and great view.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank emma n
VARRIOJA, Guest Service at All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Thank you for take the time to share your opinion about our resort, we are happy to know that our service pleased you. On behalf of all the staff at Sea Adventure Resort & Waterpark, it was a pleasure to serve you during your vacations and we appreciate your preference and look forward to see you soon.