“Wonderful people”

All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark
Ranked #59 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I stayed for 25 days , Jan.19th to Feb. 13th. Beautiful hotel! I had a great room, ocean view, king size bed, two porches looking over the ocean. The great people who work there were all the best. Always polite and kind. Never a bad word. Margarita, Maggie, the person who cleaned my room daily did a great job and always left the room the way I like it and spotless. The front desk people were perfect and always helpful with travel tips and information. Polite to the max. The manager Manuel and all of the managers, were there from dawn till late at night and always with a friendly smile and respectable manner. All the bartenders and waiters were friendly and always working hard. The pastries and dessert bakers should win a prize. Their products were always delicious and beautiful. The breakfast omelet cook knew when she saw me exactly what I wanted and cooked it perfectly, always with a smile. She was so nice! All the food was prepared with care with fresh vegetables and fruit available along with great entrees. The only bad part of this resort was the crabby guests and the people that leave negative reviews. I would like to see you do the work these people do! This is Mexico!! These people are gracious and sweet, honest and hard working. All you cry babies please stay away. One of the nicest workers, Filipe De Jesus Canche Pool, was a friend and hard worker. A proud Mayan!!! All the people worked hard!!! Thank you for a great relaxing vacation. Gracias! Amigos!! Randall

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank exile1030
Write a ReviewReviews (2,799)

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Our first family vacation, (as a family of 4) was fantastic at this wonderful resort geared to families with younger children. The upgraded rooms were spacious, and adequate. Slide open your balcony door and you're a mere 10 steps from the beach! January 20 to 27 were our dates and the weather was perfect for escaping our Canadian winter! The food at the buffet was good enough that we didn't even eat at the restaurant once! Staff were great and personable.
The only complaint we had as a family was that during our stay, the pools were not heated. The water in both the waterpark AND the hotel pool was colder than the ocean. At a resort that FEATURES a waterpark for kids you'd think this detail would not escape them. Seriously, both kids would still play but for short periods, and would exit the water literally shivering....in Mexico....in 25 degree Celsius weather. Our complaints went unresolved. Other than that, if you could get confirmation that the pools were heated properly, I would recommend this resort highly to anyone with young children (<8). I would give this resort a solid 3.25 stars.

Room Tip: Upgrade when you arrive if you can.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank MarcBeerling
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Just back from 10 days at Sea Adventure Resort & Waterpark and honestly have not got a bad word to say about the place. Saw various negative reviews before arriving and had been prepared for the worst but I can say that it went above and beyond anything I could have expected.

The staff were magnificent - kind, courteous and always willing to go that extra bit just to make our stay enjoyable. Everyone from the maintenance staff, to the waiters and the bartenders made us feel welcome and instantly wanted to be a memorable part of our holiday.

The entertainment staff were always on hand to turn a lazy day lying in the sun into a fun filled action packed extravaganza, with the array of differnet games and activities on offer.

Food was always plentiful and delicious, even as a reasonably picky eater I found the food to be fantastic - I even managed to try a few new things!! The rooms were alwyas cleaned, with fresh towels and bed linen available.

The location was brilliant, as its not in the mad house of the hotel zone, but not so far away as to cost a fortune to get anywhere, with short walking distances to El Meco, Captain Hook and the Isla Mujeres Ferry.

Lots to do both for kids and big kids alike! I will definitely be returning here when I go back to Cancun!!

2  Thank barr33
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I have just arrived back from a 2 week holiday at this resort. After reading all the reviews before I we arrived I must admit I was very worried and sceptical about the trip.

The staff in the hotel are all absolutely fantastic from front of house staff to the lady that cleaned are room ever day and did a brilliant job. If your are going to the sea adventure expecting 5 star accommodation I'm afraid u will be disappointed but in my opinion the hospitality from the second u arrive until you leave it is easily 5 star.

For a family it is the perfect experience especially for children. The entertainment is amazing. If they can't make you laugh and have fun nobody can.

Me and my partner will most certainly be going back this time bringing our young baby boy.

There is a young lady called MARIJOSE that works as a waitress in the main restaurant. Her manners and hospitality are amongst the very best u will ever have the pleasure of witnessing. MARIJOSE made us feel like we were the most special guests in the world tending to are every need. She is absolutely beautiful and always has a welcoming smile on her face. She amongst other staff are the main reason why we will return. Joaquin is an entertainer and victor is a barman they will enhance your experience in the sea adventure.

2  Thank Gavin M
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Overall great time. Two important things before going you have to know: 1- insect bites are horrible, take insect repellant that you trust. 2- Food is OK, so if you are a picky eater, don't go there. Otherwise very nice, calm beach outside hotel zone, lots of pools , water parks is very enjoyable for kids 2-12 years.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Had a great time here in January with my 3 year old and my mum. Stayed in a junior suite which was right on the beach. Lovely staff, can't do enough to help you. Entertainment/shows were good for the children. Food was nice. Pool and beach nice. Yes there is some seaweed but it is the sea! This gets cleared up everyday a couple of times I think. Everyone works so hard here and seem really happy in their jobs. Lots of great excursions can be booked from here. Overall a great holiday.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank SaraDP2309
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We arrived at the Sea Adventure on the 18th Jan after a long flight and transfer. Yes the hotel is up a not very nice street but it is in a nice location. One i preferred believe it or not to the hotel zone itself which to me has got no soul as one american lady told me. The staff were all very polite and couldn't do enough for you . We were put into one of the apartments across the street which overall were perfect reasonably quiet and spacious. We had a bedroom,living room, dining room and kitchen but no fridge or utensils not even a cup even though they provided a coffee maker and coffee. probably just expected people to take cups from the main hotel which was not a problem as they provided a tray at the bottom of the stairs for such things. They cleaned everyday we were there. Giving us fresh towels and bedding everyday. We had air con and a fan in the rooms as well. Just no proper balcony like the rooms in the hotel. we did have a little balcony you could just put a chair on though.
Meals- breakfast was the best which lots to choose from including bacon sausage fried eggs omelettes french toast usual yoghurts cheeses and meats so not bad at all and the juices were nice too. especially the orange juice. The 2 snacks bars were great for lunch so we never had lunch in the hotel dining room the whole time we were there as the burgers and chicken freshly cooked were delicious.I had read before that some people thought the drinks were waterd down but trust me i sampled plenty as this was my 50th birthday trip and never had a thin drink. in fact some of them were quite potent!!!! We did have a problem that we had no safe on arrival in our room but this was sorted very quickly. you do have to pay for safes at 25 pesos a night nowt really. And wifi is 130 pesos a day. message me if you want about wifi !!!!!.

Buses- transport in cancun is quite cheap if you don't mind the local bus. straight outside the hotel you can get what is called a collectivo. it is just a little minivan and they will peep if you are walking which is great. they are only 7 pesos. if you get one of these to the ultramar ferry you can then get a R1 bus which is 9.50 pesos to the hotel zone. this bus runs the whole of the zone. Trust me we did it loads of times was great. we were getting 21.50 per £ in the zone do not change at the hotel as it was only 18 pesos to £. 10 mins walk to the right maybe 15 depending on how fast you walk is some mayan ruins called El Meco cost to get in and are really good.Not as impressive as coba or any of the others but still look good. Go the the Isla Mujeres it is a must it is beautiful and to me what cancun should be like. I wasnt impressed with the perfectness of the zone. it just seemed to be hotel after hotel then a shopping mall then hotels again then a mall didnt like it. seemed quite expensive as well cost me £15 to get some suncream 1 bottle that is but accidently left it on the bus. But when we went to Isla i got 3 bottles of nivea for 10 out of one of the local oxxo store. these are all over and are a bit like our one stop shops. The island is great plenty to see and do and all on a golf cart which you can hire for 500 pesos for the day £25 between 4 not much at all. Some great little bars and restaurants. really quaint. lighthouse this is a must as the views are amazing!!!
Back to sea adventure. really enjoyed my stay met some wonderful people. staff as well as holidaymakers. not quite sure if we would go back as wasn't overly impressed with cancun itself.
I ave tried to be honest but if you have any questions will be happy to answer them if i can!!!

Room Tip: if you can afford it have a junior suite the y look over the sea
3  Thank fouchard
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cancun
Emporio Cancun
Oasis Palm
Oasis Palm
#74 of 177 in Cancun
The Royal Islander All Suites Resort

Been to All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark? Share your experiences!