This was our first time at this resort and we traveled together as a group of 18. We booked directly through the hotel, but upon our arrival we learned that there had been management changes and our reservation was completely wrong from our confirmation. They had no record of our previous correspondence that had the correct check-in, check-out dates and room configurations. Fidel tried to provide us all with upgraded rooms and compromise, but he couldn’t make it work. It took us 3 hours to get the rooms straightened out.
We enjoyed the beach. It was cleaned each day there was good weather. The water was calm and the kids found it easy to play and enjoy themselves. The water staff must ensure the plugs to the kids’ boats are put in or else they fill with water too soon. We always found beach chairs in the morning to enjoy the sun and view. Bring your own snorkel gear or else purchase them from the resort store. The pool was fun and provided a different place to relax if the beach wasn’t what you wanted.
The food was good, especially the soup and hamburgers. It was difficult to get booked into an a-la-carte. Arriving 10 minutes late to book one meant you were eating at the buffet that evening. Each night there was a different theme at the buffet. Our kids missed having ice cream as dessert, especially on those hot days. Fries were only served at the waterpark snack bar. It would have been nice to serve them at the beach snack bar as well. The staff worked very hard to keep up, but it felt like they were understaffed in the waiter department. The drinks were tasty and we were always greeted and served as soon as possible. The bar staff were friendly to the kids and served them drinks non-alcoholic versions of most drinks.
By far, our group enjoyed the entertainment staff. Their evening shows were amazing! Joaquin always had a friendly smile and greeting for us. He tried to get us involved in the activities and we sincerely enjoyed ourselves. Yoga in the morning, dancing, and nightly entertainment were much the favourite. He was very skilled in rope climbing and we enjoyed dancing with him at the New Year’s Eve party. He worked hard to please and should be rewarded.
Our kids enjoyed the Kids Club. The buzzer system was a great idea to call the parents if the kids needed anything. There was a schedule of events, but not everything was done on the list due to staff shortage. The girls really enjoyed face painting and making their own pizzas. Please provide drinking water for the kids there. They could easily get dehydrated when they are in such a hot climate.
There was little to none in regards to standardization of practices. We never knew from day to day whether we would have enough towels, bath mats in our room. Sometimes they gave us plenty, while the next day we had fewer towels and no bath mat. Some days there were no face cloths, but most days there were only two for four people. We had lots of sickness while at the resort and found it hard to get the towels needed. The front desk was unwilling to provide more than two water bottles per day for drinking. The beach towel system was not set out clearly like other resorts and confused many of us. At the end of the stay they were not so concerned to get the slip of paper back.
If you are looking for romantic candlelight dinners or luxury you may want to look elsewhere but if you have small children and are looking for family fun then this is a kid-friendly resort with a great waterpark.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark invites you to enjoy exciting activities for children and fun events for adults in a fun-packed, yet relaxing experience. Include swimming pools with children's swimming areas and inset jacuzzis, white sand beaches, three restaurants, three bars, dinner theater, fitness center, kids club, daily activities and nightly entertainment. All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark offers you an oasis of family fun for a sunny and unforgettable vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Adventure Resort & Waterpark Hotel Cancun
- Sea Adventure Resort And Waterpark
- Blue Bay Cancun
- Blue Bay Hotel Cancun
- Blue Bay Club Cancun Mexico
- Blue Bay Club Mexico