“Great family resort and waterpark for a great price in Mexico.. Kids loved it!”

All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark
Ranked #52 of 182 Hotels in Cancun
Bartlett, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

This resort is a little out of the way from hotel zone on a harbor bay. It is three stars but the service could be improved a bit at the concierge desk and front desk in how they communicate to their guests better information about the resort and how to make reservations! Low point.. at the Oyster restaurant which is only open Friday Saturday and Sunday out reservations were made for wrong name and wrong tIme in the computer.They did not advise us to keep our confirmation receipt to show to host. We were refused to dine because of this paper because I could not disprove it. Really.. Second. Small aunts in the balcony and sink .. Get some spray..and no AC in common areas except for our room which became unbearable at times on the lobby restaurant. Talked into timeshare tour thinking it was a tour of the property... With a hard sell at the end from a tall Spanish guy Joe who lurks around the property. No bueno.. The waterpark is open to the public folks so get their early or no seats for you...and this goes for the Oasis restaurant as well.
with all that said the upside is the kids club is open everyday 10 -6 p.m. amazing at no charge .. They hand you a beeper and take the kids for the day! The theater is incredible so much talent and the activities team is engaging and personable with everyone always planning next what to do from Yoga to water aerobics to beach volleyball. Disco night for the kids is incredible in the lobby Joaquin and friends are amazing with the children from the team. food was great they had some American food amongst Mexican food and they did have a few theme nights.. Needed a bit improvement but great breakfast All together a great value for the resort and location.. We will return back soon.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank trina1909
Carlos L, Guest Service at All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark, responded to this review, July 19, 2013

We're glad to know that you want to come back soon; everyone working hard so you always get pleasant memories of your stay at this property.

Greetings from all the staff of Sea Adventure, hope to see you soon.

Serving you is our passion.

Guest Service

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Polish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

My husband and I have been to this hotel many times spanning a 10 year period. Yes there has been a lot of change some good and some not so good but nothing that would stop us from going back there. The staff have always remained consistent and are some of the most helpful friendliest people I have ever met and go out of their way to ensure that you are having a good time.

They also work extremely hard and if you are celebrating a special occasion they will make sure that you enjoy your day. Both myself and husband have celebrated birthdays and have many happy memories. We have travelled all over the world and stayed in everything from a hostel to 5 star luxury hotels and I always feel somewhat frustrated when I read some of the comments about the hotel. Please remember this is a 3 star hotel and set your expectations accordingly. Also if there is something you would like how about asking first instead of complaining when you get home as more often than not the staff will try extremely hard to accommodate your request.

The hotel is an older property and in true Mexican style which I think adds to the charm. I do have to mention even though a 3 star hotel they do offer a wonderful a la carte restaurant which has stunning views of the harbour and Isla Mujeres and the food really is what you would expect from a 5 star restaurant with amazing service. I think this hotel suits all ages from families who get to use the water park to couples who sometimes get to have a whole beach to yourself. There have been times during the summer months when there has only been myself and husband on the beach and it is heaven, as where do you get to have a whole beach exclusively to yourselves.

Everyone in the hotel really provides excellent 5 star service from the gardening staff through to guest services which was exceptional to the management.

I know that the management are working extremely hard to improve the hotel and now offer an Italian and Creole restaurant a couple of times a week which was extremely good and they have a good activities programme for the more energetic people.

Here's to the next 10 years see you in January/February 2014. Can't wait to see what new ideas and concepts you have implemented.

Room Tip: Beach front
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Paula Y
Carlos L, Guest Service at All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments,

It's right, as you said we have made many changes in several aspects of our property and we are working to make many more, such as helping our staff to be adequately trained to always provide excellent quality service. We love to allow guests to take home memories of extraordinary experiences.
Our team works in upcoming renovations to our lobby as well as some changes to our buffet and restaurants to offer more variety to your meals and more entertainment options for adults and children.

We gladly expect to receive you in february and personally show you our progress.
Serving you is our passion!

Wagener, SC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Perhaps it is just me but I do not like to use the word hate so will stick with my dislike of this resort. First off, this is my first time to Cancun. Everyone said you will have fun. They did not know where we were going to stay and neither did I. I am a germaphobe of the worst kind. Not only do I not touch things, my skin feels like it is crawling when I see certain things. Food on chair covers and nasty food stained chair cushions. Dust and webs on old furniture in room, musty smell in room, moldy window curtains, soda in fridge but not plugged in, no tissues in room. I joined some family members who stayed at Temptations and thought this was just as nice. Wrong. Children like it. They don't know any better but the older kids with us ages 9 & 11 hated the food and only ate bread, fries, ice cream and fruit. Food most times was good. Dessert was always a big miss. Never this place again. Channels, what few they had, all in Spanish. A lot of locals. Never again this place. Accommodating staff, helpful. 7 days. Will kiss the ground at home, which is cleaner, when I get home. What is that smell?

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sam J
Carlos L, Guest Service at All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark, responded to this review, July 15, 2013

Sorry to hear that your stay at our property was not very pleasanter.
Daily cleaning staff works in all areas of the hotel to provide comfort to our guests.
Every day we open our specialty restaurant, our buffet and our lobster dinner reservation (extra charge)to provide you variety in your meals.

We are working on these and other aspects in order to enjoy a great vacation here, and provide more channels in english, most are in spanish because Mexico is a spanish speaking country.

We'd love to welcome you back and personally show you our progress.

Serving you is our passion.

England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Before I start (and it's going to be a long one) I'd just like to say whilst I've given it four stars, this is definitely a 3 star hotel! To say it is more, would just be a plain lie. With that being said, my partner and I probably had one of the best holiday of our lives the two weeks we were there.

Entertainment Staff
The entertainment staff here are just incredible, I feel terrible for not remembering all their names! I think our favourite was Wakim(??). These guys gave their all every single day we were there; getting people involved in activities and just being generally friendly. The did everything they could to make sure we were enjoying our stay.

Reception Staff
Again very friendly. However, not so helpful! Our key cards stopped working in the first week of our stay and were not fixed till the day before we left! This meant that every time we wanted to get into our room, we had to get a security guard to let us in; very frustrating! Even more frustrating is that each time the reception guy would "fix" the card, then send us up to our room to try, then it (obviously) wouldn't work so we had to come back down to reception AGAIN to get the security guard.

Concierge Staff
Manuel was very helpful and very friendly.

Restaurant Staff
Can't really comment on this as we barely ate

Rooms
Our room was lovely! We were upgraded to a sea view room, with a down-tiered living area. The bed was huge as was the room in general. No complaints about the bathroom or storage, it was all generally lovely.

It may be worth noting though that in our second week, we had two days of a very unpleasant odour from the drains but it did eventually go away.

Waterpark
Cannot comment as we didn't visit the waterpark. But from what we saw, the kids at the hotel seemed to really enjoy it.

Location
It is really far from the clubs and the main area of Cancun but as we had done our research, we weren't as disappointed as some of the others at the hotel who weren't expecting it.
A taxi to the club area cost around 240 pesos.
A bus to Ado (pronounced Ad-e-o) cost 6 pesos- we got the bus a lot as we prefer not to sit around the hotel all day. It's a really fun experience but I wouldn't advise it if you don't like getting very close to people as at one point there was probably around 15 people in a 5 seater!

Going out/Clubbing
We went out with the party reps "Cuncrawl" quite a few times which was $75 per person (we paid before we got there) and included all your drinks for the night plus entry to 2 bars and a club.
We went to Congo bar, Mandala Club, Coco Bongos, Senor Frogs, Sweet Club and Carlos and Charlie's. All were absolutely amazing and we had some of the best nights of our lives, but was during Mexican AND American spring break so it's not really suprising.
Taxi to this area is 240 pesos one way.

Excursions
Through the hotel we booked the Lobster Pirate Ship Cruise and it was great! the actors were brilliant and so was the food.

We booked the Jungle Hummer Tour before we went. This cost $155 each and was worth every penny; we went to some Mayan ruins, drove a Hummer vehicle, went to an interactive zoo where you can hold the animals, swim in a cenote (fresh water pool in the ground/ cave) and drove ATV's (quad bikes) all in one day!. They also picked us up from the hotel (for an extra charge, I think it was around $30)

Our guide from the Hummer tour then took us out on another day to some authentic Mexican food places and we only had to pay for the food! (The same guy actually took us to the supermarket as well so we could buy some food!)- Again, it was great!

We also went to the El Meco ruins which is about a 5 minute walk from the hotel. Turn right when you exit the front of the hotel and continue up the road until you see it on your left. It was only a few pesos to get in.

You can get a ferry to Isla Mujeres for the port down the road, I think it was around 12 pesos each but that is a very rough guess. It was a lovely trip and we stayed there until the last ferry back home! There are lots of places to eat and drink, we hired a golf cart to explore the Island, lots of tourist shops and visited a turtle sanctuary. You can also swim with Dolphins and scuba dive should you want to!

Ok, this is by far the worst part of the holiday.
As a couple that eats all sorts of food from all different countries, we thought that the reviews we read prior to going where probably from "I only eat chips and burgers" sort of people....we were wrong.
There were several nights where I didn't eat dinner as I actually found the food to sometimes be inedible! In fact, if you are a chips and burger sort of person, then you probably will be fine!
We got really bad stomach upsets at the beginning as well which pretty much took us "out of the game" for a couple of days until we were able to source some stronger stomach tablets. After that, we preferred to source food from elsewhere, which I know is not ideal when you are already paying for all-inclusive. To be honest, we much preferred the authentic food you could get from little family owned restaurants downtown.
The food at the hotel restaurant was lovely but we only went twice as it's the same thing on the menu everyday.

Entertainment
Can't comment on this because we never saw a show as we preferred to go out for the evening

Tipping/ Currency
We are from England so were confused abut what currency to bring as when booking excursions beforehand, the prices were all in dollars! We were scared to bring all pesos in case all the prices where in dollars and we got ripped off with the exchange rate....it's actually the other way round! Definitely bring pesos with you as most prices, especially in the area near the hotel,are in pesos. Also, when prices were in dollars, we found we got a better rate paying in pesos.

As for tipping, it does help to tip, you get a better service but maybe don't go overboard like we did in our first week!
Overall
So basically, your holiday is what you make it! If you have a terrible time at this hotel then you probably have yourself to blame. If you are sociable, like to get out or have kids, you will probably have a great time. If you just stay in the hotel all day then you would be better off staying somewhere that is more luxurious

Feel free to message me should you have any questions

Room Tip: Sea View room is beautiful!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Sashby_12
Carlos L, Guest Service at All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thanks you for your comments

We're glad you enjoyed your holiday, as you can see in the top is correct we are a three-star hotel. It's nice to know that our staff gladly answered the right way, always looking for you to have a pleasant experience with us.
We are working to improve some of our services, mainly rooms and the variety and quality of food in our restaurants.
We'd love to meet again and I would gladly show you the progress on the property.

Best regards

Whittier, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

So my family and I just got back from Sea Adventure! This was a great place to stay if you have kids. The pool and the waterpark are well kept up and clean. The hotel itself is very clean and comfortable. It has easy access to everything. When you stay in a big pricey hotel everything is so far apart from each you spend your time walking around.

The dinner shows were good, not 5 star but the food is good and the kids really enjoyed themselves. The lobby area entertainment for the whole family is really good, very interactive. I happened to play most of the games and won Ms. Sea Adventure of the week:)

The bartenders are very friendly and if you tip well (Which I truly believe you should tip they work hard) they will take care of you! Patricio is the best bartender there. Ivan and Joaquin are also very good entertainers and were very nice. Alejandra and Jorge who do the yoga on the beach are awesome. What a way to start you day in Cancun is to do a yoga session.

The only thing that I would say is that the location is a little ways from the Hotel Zone, but there are little buses that come by like every fifthteen minutes.

I really recommend this hotel to families, your kids will enjoy the activities and the waterpark.

We will definetily be back to this hotel again.

Thank you Sea Adventure!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in 143A that is right facing the marina very nice
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank teresamartinez36

We are pleased to know that your stay with us was enjoyable and fun.
Congratulations for winning in our competitions, we are working to give our guests many unforgettable moments during your stay.

Receive a warm hug and greetings from all the staff at Sea Adventure and Waterpark, again thanks for your advice to all travelers, we are gladly waiting for your next visit.

Sincerely

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

me and my partner visited in January of this year, it was our first time in cancun and we loved it. when we arrived we was a little tired from our flight and when checking in we was given an amazing ground floor room that lead on to the beach was stunning. The food at the hotel was really good too, you could never go hungry. You could book excursions through the hotel and the lady spent a lot of time talking with us which was very helpful, (very passionate). The beach was very pretty lots of room to sunbathe.
We did lots of trips whilst here in Cancun all were really good fun, would recommend the xplor and xcaret!!
The staff at the hotel was always so friendly always saying hello.
we loved the hotel so much that we have booked again for march 2014 for 2 weeks again.
cant wait!!!!

Natalie and Danny

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank natalie t
Thanks for remembering us

We are glad to know that you enjoy the room assigned by our staff, so you can be able to get an unforgettable experience on our beach, we appreciate the recognition received our food and beverage department from you, be assured that we will continue working hard in order to provide to you and all visitors the pleasure of enjoying fine cuisine and good memories.

Best regards from all staff of Sea Adventure, hope to see you soon!

Serving you is our passion!

Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

We returned from a quick trip to Cancun between June 24-29th, where we stayed at the Sea Adventure Resort and Waterpark. I have to say, although I enjoyed this vacation, I would not choose to stay again. The positives have been well documented below - great waterpark, small beach, great kids activities. Some of the staff are super helpful and fun (Salvador, Reyna, Edwin, Charlie, Isreal), however, service is not consistent, and can vary from great to extremely poor. (For example, Obdulia at the waterpark bar could not have been less interested in helping customers, while her counterpart, Victor, was trying his best to compensate for her). The staff at the front desk appeared to be very unorganized - there are many bodies but not a lot of 'work' happening. Communication about what is available is quite inconsistent - we were given a room on the second floor, I requested either 4th or first (based on TA reviews), and were told that the rooms on these floors did not have two beds in the rooms (which we later found out that they do). We did receive a room on the third floor, which was fine, although the view was somewhat blocked by the palm trees. I asked to be moved if a room became available, but wasn't contacted during our stay - based on the reaction to my request, I didn't expect that this would happen. The waterpark was closed on Tuesday - which was an oversight on my part - but the pools and the beach have more than enough activities for the kids to be entertained. Children's swimming diapers (Little Swimmers), do not appear to be mandatory here, so the fact that the waterpark is closed for a day/week for cleaning is actually a positive. We saw a few parents running with children to the bathrooms - quite gross if you think about it, an easy fix to require them and sell them at the front gate for those who have forgotten them.
The 'restaurant' nights can vary depending on what you choose. Keep expectations to a minimum and you will be fine. The night we dined at Ostras and Oysters, the restaurant seemed short staffed. We enjoy slow dining though, and were content to sit and enjoy the beautiful view. We requested a bottle of wine to be left at our table - the beverage service was quite slow (but understandable - so we thought it would be a win-win to just leave the bottle of wine with us instead of trying to catch a server's eye for a refill), and this seemed to be quite an issue. Seeing as wine is included in the price, we couldn't understand why this would be an odd request. The bigger concern with respect to beverages it that all is not quite 'right' with the mixed alcholic drinks. As this is a family resort, this might not be an issue for many, but my husband and I enjoy a good cocktail, and while on holidays will indulge. Quality of the beverages is extremely poor. They display 'premium' alcohol, but even when these bottles are poured (at a cost), they are not up to standards.
The activities in the evenings for the kids were fantastic - amazing how children from different countries all know the same dance moves to the music videos played on a big screen (a huge hit - well done, Charlie!). Another guest summed it up well - it is a 3 star hotel, don't expect anything else. It is unfortunate though, with some customer service training and a few tweaks, this resort could have a lot of potential.
Bottom line - stay if you can look past a lot of mediocre service.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TBeck
Carlos L, Guest Service at All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark, responded to this review, July 11, 2013

It is bad to know that you would not stay with us again, we understand that we did not provide the requirements needed for your room, we are working hard with our employees about the need to provide care and have a better organization in all areas with more personal and we are making the necessary changes to have a line of motivated employees with flexible and effective customer service figure for direct client care.
As you said the waterpark closes one day for maintenance, all children have all kinds of accidents and we always recommend buying little swimmers from logoshop.
We are working on many issues related to property improvements in search of the best experience for our customers.

We look forward to have you back with us and to personally discuss our progress.