“It was good!”

All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark
Ranked #58 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We decided to take a family vacation for a few days and acctually chose this hotel because it was recomended to us as a good family hotel. they were right! unfortunatly it rained most of the days we stayed in the hotel, but we managed to have a good time. the water park was definatly our highlight, rain or no rain, thats still fun. we recomend families with small kids to stay at this hotel, there really is a lot to do when you come with the family. aside from the water park there are two pools, one of them is located close to the beach. durring out stay one night we watched a Pirates of the Caribbean show, it was a dinner and show! The food is great. the main restaurant is buffet style for breakfast lunch and dinner, on one night they had a mexican themed night. the food was fantastic that night. all in all its a good stay, i would come again for sure

Room Tip: we got a room by the pool away from the main restaurant and bar area; better sleep that way.
2  Thank ricky a
Carlos L, Guest Service at All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Thanks for recommending us

We are glad that we help to spend some quality time with your family, and of course the rain is never a concern to have fun here.
We have 3 restaurants open on different days a week in order to provide variety in food, it's good to know that our buffet service was to your liking.

We appreciate you visit, we'd love to have you with us again.

Sincerely

Guest Service

Write a ReviewReviews (2,766)

Reviewed July 2, 2013

This was our first holiday in Mexico so we were a bit nervous about our choice especially after reading some of the negative reveiws. however we need not of worried. We booked this hotel as it seemed a really family orientated place, with most of the activities catering for children but also giving the adults a chance to get involved. On arrival we did have a small problem with the room we were allocated this was positioned on the waterpark side and was a bit to far from the activities and beach for our liking, however after speaking to reception they swiftly arranged another room in the main hotel.

During our stay the Entertainment & Bar staff were amazing! this is what made it out from other holidays for us. We all got involved in the activities and the likes of Ivan, Joaquin, Wendy just to name a few of the staff were fantastic. These people work really hard to make sure your having a good time and regardless what time of the day it was they always had time to help or have a chat with you.

Rooms were clean and made up everyday with no problems the beach really wasnt an issue with the seaweed not as bad as some reveiws have made out. The food was fine,There isnt a massive amount of variation but there is always something available for you and if you want somthing differnt or you have special needs jut ask they will try to accomodate you.

My Son & Daughters really didnt want to leave they made lots of friends and speaks to a few of the staff regulary through facebook. We will be returning this August for our second visit for 3 weeks and if its as good as our first visit ill have one happy family.

Room Tip: Try and book a sea view room
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank mark p

Thank you very much for your comments,

We appreciate the trust given to stay with us, we are glad to know that you enjoy the room that our team assigned, as you know we work daily in cleaning our beach although it is sometimes impossible to fight with Mother Nature.
We are relocating to the main restaurant dinners and creating new restaurant concepts and of course improving the quality and variety of our food supply.
We are working on these and related topics to improve your experience with us, is a wonderful news to know that you are staying at our property again, gladly will be for me a pleasure to welcome you in august.
Heartily

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We booked this hotel last minute it was recommended to us by a friend. We wanted to get away with our 6 and 8 years old in their first week of vacation! At my arrival, for my surprise I didn't have a reservation. I had to call the travel agency and make arrangements. Because I've booked last minute it didn't go through as I planned. The hotel receptionist Saulo was very kind and patient and as we waited for the final confirmation coming via email, he offered us lunch and made us very feel welcome at the hotel. After lunch I spoke with another receptionist ,Fidel and he got us a nice and convenient beach front room, the hotel was full, they only had two rooms available. The entire staff was very nice they work really hard to make you feel good and comfortable. So this is a family hotel, my kids loved the pool, the beach was nice, they cleaned the sea weed everyday, we had free surf boards, kayak to enjoy. The water park area had activities for the kids, basketball, soccer, mini golf, archery, volleyball, the staff kept the kids busy. The kids club was very cute and had daily activities for them: arts and craft, games, movies etc. I was able to enjoy the spa with my wife as they played there. The theater shows was very entertainment for the small kids, they had Peter Pan, Pirates of the Caribbean, Michael Jackson . The all inclusive food was good and they created a different theme night, we had the Chinese night, Mexican and I really liked the beach luau. My request for the hotel is to have more options for the kids menu, like more pizza and chicken nuggets. We always struggle with the little ones to eat when we travel. And they only had one ice cream station at the main restaurant, I really suggest the hotel to offer more Ice cream at the water park restaurant, kids love that and it's perfect in the very hot weather. Tip: Isla das Muheres is minutes away from the hotel we took the Albatroz Boat trip and the kids love it, we rented the golf cart for $25.00 and saw the entire island! We really enjoyed our stay and we recommend!

Room Tip: Rooms far from the pool area are quieter
3  Thank Marco A
Carlos L, Guest Service at All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Thank you very much for your comments.

We appreciated as they help us to let us know and see the areas where we need to improve, as you indicated we need better children's menu in order to have more variety for the little ones, and I sure that everyone will love the ice cream request.
We are glad that you got a nice trip to Isla Mujeres with Albatros partners.

We love to serve and we also enjoy been helpful for you to make a wonderful experience.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

The resort was great the activities were awesome and so much fun. The staff were very sweet and nice and friendly. The rooms were stocked and cleaned everyday the maids had a new bed creation put on our bed everyday was so nice. The hotel was clean and Beautiful and the food was good and plenty of fruit everyday. The pool was very nice and we sat by the water bar most of the time because who don't like being in the water. The Dinner show's were so awesome don't mess out on the dinner shows. The water park across the street was great for kids and they even have more food there too. Over all experience it was great I love the time we spent there for a week June 15th to the 22nd I just hated to leave. we were in room 304 and we couldn't ask for a better room. Salvador was so good in telling us how to get the taxi or bus and get around. Erick, eivan, jaquin, and all the other staff were awesome. we plan on going back next year. I only have one regret I wish the ocean were blue and no seaweed but that's mother nature. The hotel tried to keep it clean as much as they could. Love you Sea Adventure and look for me to be back next year.

3  Thank sylvia0143409

We are very happy to hear that you had a great time with us. This means we fulfill all your expectations and that we meet our goal; to be able to make a wonderful vacation for you. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the waterpark, pools and all the activities that we have.
Like you said the shows are fun to watch and we have great people working here.
We can wait to see you again and be able to show you some of the improvements, since, we are committed to make the necessary changes to improve our customer experience.

We look forward to see you soon.
Best regards!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Well I came to Sea Adventure Resort from TN with my family to spend a couple days. The property is lovely, it has a rustic vibe that I quite enjoyed. There is plenty to do in the hotel itself (Tennis, basket ball, mini golf, gym) There are also two beautiful pools and the white sand beach. The beach is lovely however there are some days when sea weed rushes to the shore but the hotel staff cleans that every day. They do a good job! In the night time on some night they have shows, we personally experienced a Michael Jackson tribute, it was very interactive and fun, especially for the kids. The main restaurant is buffet style for breakfast, lunch and dinner, although the hotel does have other restaurants too. We had a great experience dinning at Oysters , one of the more formal restaurants, great for a romantic night.
all in all, we had a great time, we recommend the hotel to family's mostly they have a lovely water park that the kids just loved and we enjoyed our self too! Now its not the Ritz Carlton but it does give you that Mexican feel that added to a wonderful vacation!

Room Tip: Jr suits on the first floor are connected directly to the beach and the marina, we recommend it!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Natasha F
Carlos L, Gerente at All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

We are very happy to hear that you had a great time with us. This means we fulfill all your expectations and that we meet our goal; to be able to make a wonderful vacation for you. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the water park, pools, the beach, and all the activities that we have. Like you said the Michael Jackson show is very fun and Oyster is great for a romantic dinner.
We can wait to see you again and be able to show you some of the improvements we are working on. Since, we are committed to make the necessary changes to improve our customer experience; here are some immediate changes,
-We are reviewing our menu options in the main restaurant and creating new restaurant concepts.

-We are back to the issue of improving the beach according to state permits granted.
-We are working on a contemporary remodeling for our units.
This and many other issues related to improvements to the property to offer a better experience for our customers

Carlos Luengas

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Me and my family just got back from there. And yes it is not Cancun however Cancun is about 15 to 20 minutes away from here. We had so much fun that we did not want to leave. The food was great, our room was amazing and both my 10 year old and my 22 year old had a great time. Yes the entertainment is done by the staff however they were pretty good. What do you expect for free? I loved the shows and I loved the staff. Salvador at the desk was so awesome and Erick and Jaquin and all you other staff members were so fun. Me and my family are planning to come back next year and bring more family members. The pool was great. Yes the water is not blue like Cancun or the Island but heck you can go to the Island for 14.00 round trip and spend the day out there. I loved Sea Adventure and we were all sad to leave. The drinks were great and we got great service at both bars. Patrick my bartender was a hoot and I will miss him.
Gina....also known as Miss Minnesota

Room Tip: Number 304 is perfect!!!!
3  Thank gogodancerHayfield
Carlos L, Gerente at All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

We are very happy to hear that you had a great time with us. This means we fulfill all your expectations and that we meet our goal; to be able to make a wonderful vacation for you. We are very proud of our animation team such as Joaquin, Erick, Ivan, etc all of them are great! We are very happy to hear that you and your family will be coming back next year.
We can wait to see again and be able to show you some of the improvements we are working on. Since, we are committed to make the necessary changes to improve our customer experience; here are some immediate changes,

Sea Adventure Resort

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed for a week in Feb. 2013 and had a great time. This was our first trip to Cancun and our 8 year old daughter was with us. We had room 308 which was ocean facing suite and very quiet. Across the street out our front door was the soccer/footbul field to give you a point of reference. I believe room 306 is a time share room and people were only in it for one night. Some of the rooms down the row from us were for employees. One room had a pet orange male cat who LOVES attention from people. I finally figured out where he lived. I talked to the cat daily.

But on to my review: Check in was easy since I had done most of it online. We talked to the time share people for one minute and said we would consider meeting up for breakfast one morning (we never did). We arrived around lunchtime to the resort and they had a room ready for us. Room was very nice and clean. There was no safe in it, I asked for one to be brought up and it never was. We put our wallets and passports in the top drawer of the dresser and they never moved. Felt very safe. We asked for a fridge for our suite and one arrived 20 minutes later. The cleaning staff doesn't know alot of English but my bit of Spanish worked well enough to communicate with them. We left our cleaning lady a tip every day because she was awesome. We were on the third floor so no noise above us. Great view of the tiny beach and water below.
I made dinner arrangements for the specialty restaurant for Valentine's day and another night as soon as we got to the resort. Great food and great service.
We went to the dinner theater the nights it was open and our daughter loved the shows. Yes they are not Broadway caliber but the Entertainment staff has fun and does their best. She knew most of them from the kids club as well as the pool/beach activities.One evening they had deep fried turkey that my husband said was the best turkey he had ever eaten.
The kids club was fine for our daughter. The first few days there she was the oldest one until a little girl from England showed up midweek. Then they became best friends. The staff was very attentive and we tipped them well.
The waterpark is fun for a day or two. We preferred to hang out by the pool or on the beach. The "Street" you have to cross to get to the waterpark is not a huge deal. There is a tunnel you can use but most of the time we just wandered across the street. If you can't see the traffic coming down the road in the distance (speed limit is 35) and you are poking along across the road that is your fault. Also, the water park is closed on Tuesdays. This is listed in the daily schedule in English and Spanish EVERYDAY so how people don't know that it is closed is beyond me. And yes on the weekends the locals come to the water park and to the brunch theater show. So what? Like people who live in Orlando don't go to Disney World only out of towners are allowed in the Park?
The beach is heavily eroded and there was LOTS of seaweed but they had 2-4 people hauling seaweed away from sun up until sundown daily. It was a never ending battle for them.
The pools were nice. There is a small TRANQUILITY pool over near the waterpark in between the condo buildings. So if you take the pathway that runs next to the waterpark/tennis courts you won't see it. This is a small pool with QUIET signs all over and a security guard. Most people either didn't know about this pool or didn't want to go in it because they couldn't horse around and there was no bar. But if you are looking for a quiet place to read or lounge this is the pool for you. The main pool is always active with lots of games going on throughout the day. The activities staff gets people into the activities and they are fun to watch. The arcade room is right next to the pool so people could go in and play table tennis while the rest of the family was in the pool or sunning themselves.
The food at the buffet was fine for breakfast, lunch and dinner. If I am not cooking and cleaning I consider it a vacation. I ate more papaya in this week than I have in the rest of my lifetime. Fresh fruit of all sorts. If they didn't have bananas out all you had to do was ask for them and someone would run in back and get you some.All the staff was very nice.
The grounds were well kept. They were always doing maintenance around the property. Loved the security guards watching from all corners of the property. My husband and I left our beach bag on some loungers on the little beach right below our suite and we walked down the beach towards Cancun about 3/4 of a mile (To the half sunk catamaran!) past all these abandoned condos/businesses. When we wandered back we noticed a security guard had been watching over our bag on the lounger. When he saw us coming back he waved and walked off. I thought that was very nice.
My husband took the free shuttle over to the adults only sister property for a few hours. If no one is signed up to go over in the afternoon then the shuttle doesn't come to pick you up. He was told this in the morning and when the shuttle wasn't there by the appointed time he got a cab home for like $10.
We liked that this resort wasn't near anything. We aren't party people, we wanted our daughter to have fun and we were well taken care of. It is not 5 star (we have stayed at five star and actually didn't like most of the guests and how they treated the staff and others!) in Palm Beach, FL and I would rather come here again if given the choice between the two.
We exchanged money at the front desk (remember to take your passport with you or they won't do the exchange) with ease. We shopped at the gift shop on premises when our daughter got sunburned and needed a swim shirt. Everything seemed to be on sale in the store. The tequila bar in the lobby was not open the whole time we were there. The outside grill had good lunches. One day I wanted some guacamole because the day before it was amazing. They weren't serving it that day but the cook made me a fresh batch right before my eyes. If you are polite and kind to people you will be treated the same way. If you act like an entitled demanding brat you will be treated as such.
If you have any questions I would be happy to answer them. Just send me a message.

Room Tip: Ask for a third level ocean view suite across from the soccer field if you want quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank Tricia316

Carlos Luengas

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cancun
Emporio Cancun
#38 of 177 in Cancun
Occidental Costa Cancun
Occidental Costa Cancun
#47 of 177 in Cancun

Been to All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark? Share your experiences!