“A must go with young children”

All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark
Ranked #59 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed June 13, 2013

My family and I love this resort. The waterpark is awesome. The food is so so but it is buffet style which is excellent when traveling with kids. I cannot remember our room number but it was awesome. We could literally walk out of our balcony door on to the beach. The staff was very friendly and serving. The staff cleaned the seaweed from the beach daily. We would definitely go back to this resort. LOVE IT!

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are great!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jerry H
Carlos L, Gerente at All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2013

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your vacation time with us. This means we fulfill all your expectations and that we meet our goal; to be able to make a wonderful vacation for you. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed the Waterpark. We are very proud of our staff team such as Nayeli at the breakfast omelet area, Joaquin and all the entertainment team, Leo at the front door, just to mention some of them. As you mentioned our staff is always making their best to accommodate and help our guest, since that is our priority!

We can wait to see again and be able to show you some of the improvements we are working on. Since, we are committed to make the necessary changes to improve our customer experience, here are some immediate changes,

-We are relocating to the main restaurant dinners and creating new concepts.
-We are back to the issue of improving the beach according to state permits granted.
-We are working on a contemporary remodeling for our units.

This and many other issues related improvements to the property to offer a better experience for our customers

We look forward to see you soon!

Carlos Luengas

Write a ReviewReviews (2,801)

Reviewed June 9, 2013

This place was very disappointing. Unfortunately we visited during the raining season, and therefore the water park was closed the first two days of our trip. The staff was not very accommodating during this time. Each morning we would ask if the park would be open today, every day we were given an unclear answer. Despite mostly sunny skies and no rain in the afternoon the water park was not opened until our third day. No efforts were made by the staff to entertain their guest that couldn’t enjoy the water park.
In the second day of our stay we retreated to our room to relax when we got a knock at our door. To our disbelief it was the pest control person coming to fill our room with a foul chemical odor and force us to open the door and leave the room.
Most resorts keep their guest rooms stock with bottle water. On the third day of our trip we inquired why we were only given one 32oz. bottle of water for three people. The reply was “we only stock the room with water every-other day” so be prepared to ration your drinking water.
The food was not to resort standard with items rarely changing day to day. The resort has two restaurants which require a reservation. Each guest is giving one reservation per three days of stay. Unfortunately during our five day stay each restaurant was booked every day. This left us to live off of fruit and eggs.
The hotel itself was a bit run down. The windows in the lobby leaked rain, termites where in the decking post around the pool, the door to our room had a crack in the center of a pain, and paint was peeling off of most every surface.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Barry F
Carlos L, Gerente at All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Thank you very much for your feedback,

We are very sorry that your experience has been below expectations, unfortunate we have no control over the weather. Like you mentioned the Waterpark was closed for two days in a row. One of them was closed due to maintenance and the second day was closed because we had thunder storms. For safety reason the park needed to be closed. The first rainy day we had movies night at the lobby, after that we had games and activities at the lobby. We apologize if you miss the activities.
We are committed to make the necessary changes to improve our customer experience, we do appreciate your comments and here are some immediate changes,
-We are reviewing our menu options in the main restaurant and creating new restaurant concepts.
-We are working on a contemporary remodeling for our units.
This and many other issues related to improvements to the property to offer a better experience for our customers
We look forward to see you soon!

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Please understand that you are not near Cancun this resort is considered in Puerto Juarez Mexico, north of Cancun. There's good and bad things about that. Good - if you want away from all the hussle and bussel of the Hotel Zone and downtown, its close to a marina for fishing trips and close to Isla Mujeres and the ferry that takes you to the Island. Bad- is to get to downtown or hotel zone by taxi will cost you around 30 bucks each way. If you use Entertainment Plus for airport transfer go to their website and you can get round trip for $65 - which is a good deal. Nice air conditioned vans and dependable.

We just got home from staying at the Sea Adventure for a week. Unfortunately it rained the last 4 days which was a bummer but what can you do about that!! This resort defiantly has the Mexican flair type atmosphere and very much family orientated. Our junior suite 329 was nice and roomy and great view of the ocean, marina and pool.. Beds very comfortable. The food was mostly repetitive but did have a few different items each day. Defiantly have to like your carbs because they serve alot of them!! The bartenders and servers were all very friendly to us.

What made this trip most enjoyable was the entertainment staff - these people are who would bring me back to this resort - Joaquin, Erick, Nellie, Diana Ale, Evan, Agusta, etc. The shows they all preformed at night were great! The Micheal Jackson show was my favorite! Love all the dancing! These talented guys and gals kept everyone entertained all day until late in the evening. Which on rainy days was a bit challenging for them.. They were always happy and didn't mind my son tagging along with them everywhere!! Defiantly what this resort has going for them!!

If you want to go to Cancun for the beach this might not be the place for you...They have a beach its not much of one and what there is...is covered in seaweed...Not from lack of the guys racking it pretty much from sun up to sun down it just keeps coming and coming... Once you get out about waste deep than the water gets a little clearer but nothing like over at Isla Mujeres or Resorts in the Hotel zone.

So if you are just wanting to relax at the pool, have your kids entertained, sleep in nice clean rooms, drink until you can't anymore and probably gain a few pounds from their food this is the right place for you!!!!

Enjoy!! Have fun! and say hello to our new friends over there!!

Room Tip: room 329 was great!!! Junior Suite..
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Laurie D
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stayed here in April/March 2013 for two weeks, with our two daughters aged 10yrs and 16yrs. This was our first time to Mexico, therefore, our first time to the Sea adventure. All I can say is that we had so much fun and did not want to leave. The only negative I will put is that our room needed updating, however, that said it was always clean and the hotel is being refurbished.
Food - We always found something to eat, ok so being English we found it a bit odd that there were fajitas at breakfast but we were in Mexico and our daughter loved them! But there was also lots of fruit, bacon, sausages, pancakes, cookies, cereal and omelettes, I could go on. The rest of the meals were good and I must say that the burgers cooked at lunch by Javier are the best we have had, not good for the waist line but delicious. Kids also loved the Ice cream, again true that this was only served for a certain time period over lunch but I actually thought this was a good idea because I have been to other all inclusive hotels that have it all of the time and it gets wasted with flies around it and the kids get ill from eating too much of it in the hot sun.
Drinks - I was a bit worried about water because other reviews said that you could not get bottled water and quite frankly I was not sure what we were going to do. Its true you dont get given bottles of water, however, this can be obtained at the bar or in the lobby from ice cold jugs so i do not know what they were moaning about. Alcohol was great, including the cocktails!!
Entertainment - Best we have experienced. Just such fun. The staff were fantastic and worked so hard day and night. We had a ball as it suited both us adults and children and what can i say but yes we took it home for England, as both my husband and i won the Mr and Mrs sea Adventure comps! There was water and beach volleyball, dancing comps, quizzes, karaoke, shows, I really could go on. As well as all the fun stuff on offer they had the games room which is right by the pool and all free so the kids could get out of the sun if they needed to and also there were mini pedalos and canoes on the beach, again free of charge. The pool was good for the kids and we NEVER had to get up at a stupid time to get a sunbed! and the waterpark was great fun for them. I read a review where someone moaned that it is across a busy road.....please... busy? such a lie as the hotel is in a very quiet part and anyway there is a underpass so no need to even cross it. The water park was never over crowded and we went when it was spring break so the hotel was full, always plenty of beds.
The hotel was in a quiet part, but this was of no issue for us, we just took the local bus into the hotel zone etc, the buses were great as they were cheap and with the locals. But taxis are also everywhere. There is a Mayen temple about a 10min walk and we took advice from a previous review to get a ferry to Isla Mujeres and hired out golf buggies. We also swam with dolphins, seal lion and manatees over there on another day which we booked online before we went.
The beach was nice, yes there is a lot of seaweed but they work all the time to clear it and we really was not bothered by it. I sometimes liked to get a sunbed on the beach if I wanted a bit of quiet time with my kindle and a glass of wine and again no trouble finding a sunbed.
We would go back in a shot! Thanks so much sea adventure for an amazing time!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank geme77
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We had a great time at the Sea Adventure Resort. Four of us were there from 25 May through 1 June and other couple will stay till 5 June.

Room - We had 3 Ocean View Suites 142-B, 225, & 212. They were nice the only problems that we had is no water on the morning Saturday 1 June and room 212 had issues with an AC condensate drain plugging up with about inch of standing water on the floor. Veronica kept our room spotless in room 142-B.

Food - Waiters & Servers do a great job at the buffet. They were Evelyn, Ermielo, Isly, Jose, Alejandro & Mariano. The cook Nayeli also did a great job. At Oysters Jose & Lorena were top notch. The food needs some work but we didn't go hungry. We were all disappointed that you didn't have Pizza the whole time we were there.

Bar - The bartenders Edwin, Hugo, Victor, Alejandro & Patricio did a awesome job. They treated all of us very well. But the beer needs to be a lot colder for us.

Front Desk & Bell Hop - Checking in was great I believe her name was Yanny. Nancy made our reservations for Oysters and shows across the street. And Leo was very helpful the whole time on our stay.

Room Tip: For better view get a room on second floor or above.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ThomasV659
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I booked this hotel on Expedia, so to and from the airport i used the company-USA Transfers. For the journey, and tip was about 90$.return.We went here to cater for my 10 yr old, and she loved it.Waterpark is closed on Tues, so go into town to the market,and definitly go to the Mexican restarant, across from the seafood mexican rest,..mmm get the combo plate, total for 2 beer, 2 coke was about $40.You wont get mexican food at the hotel!Its $10 eachway tothe market. We also went to the big mall..big dissapointment!
The room we had looked over th marina...was very nice, prob with the safe though, they will service it quickly.The food here was decent, Mexican night the worse.Day munchieswere dood, from nachos, to chicken wings, burgers, hotdogs,Drinks were good, not as potent as Cuba, but you can talk them into it. No deposit for beach towels!Small Mayan ruins up the street.cost $5..12 min walk.worse about the hotel is the beach..im a beach person, and i was on the beach for haf an hour for the week!Waterpark is good, and the hotel main pool was fine.The activities were good..volleyball, waterbasketball, bingo, archery, games. Differnt days, different activities...go to the front desk every day to get a schedual, if thats your cup of tea.One thing they dont have is espresso, cappacino..only the reservation restaurant.We ate once there..the buffet is much better..Dress code at the reservation restaurant.Dont come here if youra bunch of buddies, its not that kind of crowd...but if you do, at about 10pm a shuttle, with some staff go to the strip to bar hop.I have no complaints about the staff..very good. The fruit here is better than Cuba At the time we were ther the kids club had only 3 kids, i felt too guilty and rescued my daughter out of there. They seem to stay inside alot.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank igram42
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We (my husband, three children and I) spent a week (May 19, 2013 – May 25, 2013) at Sea Adventure. When we arrived on Saturday afternoon, we were greeted by a friendly and very enthusiastic staff. We checked in and then were swept over to another desk to walk through the day’s schedule of activities and how the buffet worked. The gentleman that walked us through everything then asked us if we would meet with someone in the morning to discuss their premier membership, we agreed and then we were taken to our room.

[1st issue:] When booking the room, we booked a room with two full beds and a sofa, it stated that it could sleep 2 adults and 3 children… but I’m not sure where they intended the 3rd child sleep. I presumed that the sofa would be a pull out, but it was not. Fortunately our 11 yr old daughter didn’t mind being kind of scrunched up on the love seat, as that was all there was for her to sleep on. The room was clean and we had a beautiful view of the beach and marina, so with the exception of the issue of where to have my daughter sleep (my two sons, 9 & 4, shared a full size bed), we didn’t really have an issue with the room. (Side note: the air conditioning was not on when we entered the room, the refrigerator was not plugged in either… the porter got the air going, but it did take a while to get rid of the musty, muggy, stale smell from the room.)

We quickly changed and headed for the pool. The pool was nice: 3 jet tubs, a kiddie pool (about a foot or so deep) and then a swimming/play area (about 4 feet deep). [2nd issue:] There’s a swim up bar… but they don’t service it. No one is ever actually serving drinks at the swim up, it’s a great novelty, if you provide service to it… but they did not. We played with the kids in the pool for a few hours and then went back to the room to change for dinner.

[3rd issue:] The buffet… oh, I wish that the other reviews, complaining about the food, were wrong… they weren’t. The food was awful the first night. My two sons and I couldn’t find anything worth eating. I was not a very happy customer at that point.

Following morning, dreading breakfast, we headed to the buffet and weren’t as disappointed as the day before. The scrambled eggs on the buffet were kind of gross, but the omelets that are made to order were good. They even had some of the best bacon I’ve ever eaten. The kids were happy with French Toast and Pancakes. The orange juice had more of a Tang taste, however… and the kids did not like the taste of the white milk, so the entire stay, they drank chocolate milk. Breakfast was the best meal, daily, but we were disappointed that Tuesday & Wednesday they didn’t seem to have any breakfast meats on the buffet, then Thursday – Saturday there was breakfast sausage.

Lunch and Dinner… First, burgers and hot dogs always being available for kids isn’t entirely a bad idea, however kids like other foods! Chicken fingers, macaroni and cheese, grilled cheese… there should be an alternative every now and then to the standard burger and dog. And, the cheese they use on the burgers is kind of gross, not the standard yellow American, and I’m not quite sure what it was, but my kids refused to eat the cheese after one taste. And the menus for the buffet… well, I know we were looking forward to having Mexican food while in Mexico, and there typically was Mexican on the buffet, but no description of what we were eating, so it makes it hard if you have allergies or aversions, if you don’t know what it is.

[4th Issue:] Restaurants… or lack thereof. Oysters, which everyone said is wonderful really was. I think I had one of the best steaks I’ve ever had there. Blues Feast… not so much. I understand that the blackened tilapia was good, however, I don’t do fish… I did end up ordering the jambalaya, I could pick out the shrimp… unfortunately while the menu said that there was Andouille sausage and another sausage (cannot remember what kind), what was actually present in the jambalaya was… hot dogs and breakfast sausage! SO GROSS! I couldn’t get passed that at all! I saw the hot dog, hoped that I was mistaken, tasted it and confirmed for myself what it was… SO DISAPPOINTED! And, honestly, don’t specifically put on a menu a type of food that will not actually be on the plate! That is restaurant-101… you didn’t have to have a sophisticated palate to notice the problem when the plate arrived, it was obvious!

[5th Issue:]Bars, again, I’m back to the bars, for consistency and variety. Sounds silly, but I would like to be able to get the same drink from one bar to another, so if I can have Captain Morgan at the bar near the Water Park, then why can’t I have it at the pool bar or the lobby bar? Unfortunately, that wasn’t the case, there was well rum and Bacardi at all bars, but we could only get Captain Morgan at the water park. Also, beer… arriving in Cancun, the Air Traffic control tower has Corona all over it, the bridge you drive under when leaving the airport has Corona all over it… okay, I won’t specifically complain that they didn’t have Corona, but it would have been nice if they had something other than Sol for beer, which they did not.

Water park… Okay, there were a few complaints on that, in reviews we’ve read, someone said it’s all rusted and I was a little concerned based upon the pictures I saw… they were taken out of context, completely! We had NO concerns for the safety of the kids when they were in the water park, the slides were no all rusted, but there was an illusion of such, we got up close had no concerns for the safety of our children based upon what we saw.

Seaweed on the beach… yes, it’s annoying… but they raked it up multiple times while we were there, and it clearly was related to how rough the waves were. The day we left we even noted how calm the water was and the fact that the beach was so clean.

[6th issue:] Time Share/Premier Member pitch. Wow, the rooms they show you for the timeshare are BEAUTIFUL! Too bad they aren’t offered for a standard visitor, even if they only had a few rooms like that, it would be a benefit! They told us it was a no pressure thing, but that was wrong. They butter you up, bring you around and show you the beautiful rooms, then bring you to their nice offices… and tell you that you can buy a membership and they don’t even want you to come back to Sea Adventure when you do, because it doesn’t benefit them, financially, if you exercise your right to come back. Fact is, we wouldn’t be able to come back again, without the prime rooms they showed, which they even told us they don’t really use for anything but show, although a member was sleeping in the master bedroom when we walked through, so we couldn’t see it. That said, they spent a good amount of time trying to convince us to buy into it, when we said we couldn’t afford it, because we have high child care expenses and have to save for trips like this, they still pushed. Bad par!

[7th issue:] Entertainment in the lobby bar, they invite everyone out to do something, but the participation is typically by only a few. We were present for the entertainment on two nights, the first time it was at least entertaining for the kids… the second, not so much for them or us… we were absolutely the only English speaking people in the lobby bar that evening and even though the guy running it was aware we were there (he did speak to us one time) he NEVER spoke in English, only Spanish, while telling everyone what he was doing. It makes it hard to enjoy the ‘party’ when you don’t understand what they’re saying. Generally I don’t have much of an issue with that stuff, however the kids had really wanted to participate that night. I know the hotel has no control over who shows up for the entertainment, of the guests, every night – but it would help if after the dinner show they didn’t tell you that there was a surprise at the lobby bar, they actually told you what they planned to do at the lobby bar… that might bring more people out for the entertainment.

Dinner shows, they weren’t high quality, it was the staff performing, but the kids had fun. The best show we saw while we were there was their Pirates of the Caribbean show, VERY interactive with the kids and adults, HIGHLY entertaining with their comedy too. We saw two others, a Peter Pan show and a Michael Jackson show… honestly I think the Peter Pan show should either be reworked or scrapped, the Michael Jackson show got the kids moving, but it really is a bit dated.

Will we go back? Unlikely. In another year or so our daughter won’t be willing or able to curl up on a loveseat to sleep every night and there aren’t any other options for us there.

Room Tip: If you have one or two kids, you might be comfortable in the Jr. Suite, but the sofa is not a pull o...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank WeekTraveler
Carlos L, Gerente at All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Thank you very much for your feedback,

We are very sorry that you experience some disappointments at your visit with us. I would like to bring up a couple topics that you mentioned and be able to give you an answer.
Like you mentioned our suites have two beds and one loveseat, which in some rooms they are pull up beds. In this case yours wasn’t. However, I wonder if you ever bring that up to our front desk staff. Since we do provide the option of a 3rd bed (individual size), a sofa with a pull up bed or being able to give you a bigger suite.
In regards the pool bar, you are correct we don’t have a barman if the level of occupancy doesn’t required. However, we have two barman’s at the other side of the bar and they are always taking orders from the pool. In regards your drinks I hope you had bring that to our attention. Since, if there is an specific drink that you like in the theater we can always bring it to the pool or lobby area.
I apologize that your boys were not able to participate in the shows that we host at the lobby. We usually provide everything in Spanish and English. I will be looking in to that so this doesn’t happened again as we are always looking to provide an excellent service to our guests.
As managing company we are committed to make the necessary changes to improve our customer experience, we do appreciate your comments and we are committed to make some immediate changes, and here are some of them,
-We are working on a contemporary remodeling in our units
We are working on this and many other issues related to property improvements in search of the best experience for our customers.

We look forward to have you back with us and to personally discuss our progress
Carlos Luengas

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cancun
Emporio Cancun
Grand Oasis Palm
#46 of 177 in Cancun
Villa del Palmar Cancun Beach Resort & Spa
The Royal Islander All Suites Resort

Been to All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark? Share your experiences!