All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark
$249
$337
$275
$800
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun(Cancun)
$465
$356
$269
  • Pool
Le Blanc Spa Resort(Cancun)
$800
$427
$508
$405
2,863 results
All reviewssea adventurepirates of the caribbeanel mecodinner theaterkids clubentertainment staffthe main hotelisla mujeresfamily vacationocean viewjunior suitea la carte restaurantbeach volleyballmichael jackson showlot of seaweedevening showshot dogs
Reviewed February 23, 2013

This was a perfect resort for our 7 year olds first trip to Mexico. I would reccomend this resort for families with children up to 10-12 years old. I saw a lot of grandparents there as well, which I thought was nice. We went from Saturday, February 9th to February 16th.
My son loved the waterpark the first few days, but started to get tired of it, but found lots to do at the pool the next few days. There were lots of kids to play with and the entertainment staff was usually around trying to get the kids to participate in games and competitions. The waterpark usually had plenty of chairs, so no need to get there early in less you want a specific spot. My son refused to go to the kids club until the last few days, but once he did we couldn't get him out of there. I think by this time he was tired of the sun and water and just wanted some down time to play. He especially liked the wii tournaments they had and disney movies from 8-10 pm, which gave us time to go to the pool bar for a few drinks. You can ask for a beeper in case your child wants to leave early. Although we did not do this, I did see the kids club worker taking some kids to the buffet to get dinner. Also there is a game room next to the pool bar which is opened until midnight. There were 2 foosball games, 1 ping pong table, 1 air hockey table and a pool table. No video games, but my son was still amused with these. Mondays and Wednesdays at 8:00 they had dinner shows, which the kids seeded to like; Pirates or the Caribbean and Peter Pan. They were put on by all the entertainment and kids club staff. The waterpark is closed every Tuesday, so we went to Xel-Ha that day. At about $100 a person and about a 2 hour ride each way, it is still worth going for the day. It is all inclusive (except for dolphin swimming and scuba). They have snorkeling ($25 refundable deposit per person), zip-lines, zip swings, restaurants and snack bars with spouts of corona (included), cliff diving and much more. It's a very beautiful park. I would also suggest the Captain Hook cruise if you have never been, as it is only a few minutes away from the resort. It is a steak and lobster cruise at about $92 a person and kids are free, but be aware that they slap on a $10 a person surcharge when you arrive (which we were not told about) and the cruise goes for 4 hours (7-11pm) which we were not awae of either. A little late for the kids, but an entertaining show for adults and kids. The performers were very professional. They do send a tip box around at the end, but well deserved.
Here are the things to be aware of. We definatly sacraficed good food for our childs enjoyment. The reviews are correct in saying the food is not great and is pretty much the same every day. You just had to find something you like and stick with it. The snack bar at the waterpark was my favorite. The food always seemed fresh and the cook was friendly. The hotel is on the older side, but very clean and we recieved one actual key(not card) to share. The beach was not the biggest nor the prettiest, but that is just due to the location and mother nature. They worked hard every day to carry away the massive amounts of seaweed. We arrived on a saturday night and were 8 hours delayd, so we didn't arrive until 10pm. They gave us a room on the waterpark side, on the fourth floor, with one bed. When we complained, they sent this poor worker up 4 flights of stairs with a twin bed (not a cot), which barley fit in our room. After complaining the next morning they switched us to a nice, spacious room on the pool side of the resort by that afternoon.
All in all a nice vacation. It's a very nice family resort and the workers are very friendly and accomodating. The positives definatly outweighed the negatives. We would stay there again if we went back in the next couple years, otherwise my son will be older and we would probably stay somewhere on the strip with better food.

Room Tip: Pay a bit extra to ensure a better room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank nickannwills
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Overall not bad hotel, part of hotel old part newer, haven't seen door that you have to use regular key to open for a while. Meals same almost every day for breakfast, lunch and dinner, different only at a la cart restaurant. Nice shows every other day. Pools and waterpark OK.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Debiczanin
Reviewed February 21, 2013

If you are single and looking for lots of evening action, go on the busy Cancun strip. For families and great value, the Sea Adventure is wonderful.
The beach side part of the hotel was very clean, comfortable and spacious. The staff were incredibly warm and happy to help you in any way! The food was good and offered a variety and the A La Carte Restaurant was incredible! The water slides are a bonus but my 6 year old enjoyed the pool just as much. We went over to the island and it was so easy to get around.
I always felt safe - there was lots of security guards visible on the grounds. The entertainment staff were hard working and talented and the kids club was well organized.
This is a really nice older hotel - not 5 star food but the overall experience was fantastic and I'd rate our experience very high. We would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Definitely pay a little extra and get the junior suite on the beach side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Joan S
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We have just got back from our holiday at the sea adventure this morning and what a fantastic time we're had! The staff are so friendly and really make you feel welcome, from the guys at the bar that never let your drinks go below half to the security guys on the doors ( but trust me this is a safe place ). The food is varied everyday and the al a carte is simply one of the best !!! have an irish coffee its a show and a half !!
About a mile from the front doors there are mayan ruins that you can visit ( take your camera ) !! to the pirate ship a mile in the opposite direction well worth a look ! while we were there guests arrived who stayed in the hotel zone but commented how much better this place was trust me it is !! the guys on the beach work so hard to clear the sea weed so dont be put off buy any other reviews! kids will love this place from discos to xbox nights to the waterpark, they really do try to make your holiday everything you want and more !! My only upset now is i'm back home and have left some brill people and an amazing place behind

• Stayed: February 2013
6  Thank glynny1
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Me and my twin sister stayed here for our 21st birthday and we have to say we had the best time ever the hotel made us feel very welcome as soon as we arrived and even surprised us with a birthday cake and a sing song after reserving us a table in there restraint. Although we were about twenty mons from the nightlife/hotel zone this didn't matter as transport was included in the ticket prices and the entertainment staff actually went to the clubs with us to ensure we got there and back safely but also to make sure we partied Mexican style and enjoy ourselves fully!!! The shows in the evening were brilliant especially the lion long they have a very talented entertainment team there that made us feel very welcome as soon as we arrived they were fun friendly and very active they MADe sure we had plenty to do all day volley ball aqua aerobics yoga stretching football tennis dance drinking contests pool contests games in the evening e.g scavenger hunt (I won this one) they really were brilliant if your after an active holiday book here! The hospitality and catering staff were wonderful whatever I wanted they MADE sure I got they really did go out of there way the food was very nice for a 3.5 star hotel the Mexican food you must try including the BLACK beans yes BLACK!
There was plenty to see and do in Mexico and tgd staff were very Infornative as to where we should go the excursion guy Alberto positioned by the pool is brilliant he has every trip you could possible want at cheap prices
The pools and beaches are wonderful I really didn't want to come home!
But now we are home
We know exactly where we will be spending our 22nd birthday because we really have found perfection:)

• Stayed: January 2013