We were to stay at the resort from January 17, 2013 to January 24, 2013. It rained the entire day when we arrived, so the weather had a detrimental impact on our emotions. Check-in was fast and we got our room early. We were assigned a room in one of the buildings across the street adjacent to the waterslide area. We were disappointed when we got to our room, but like they say you get what you pay for. It was like staying at a Motel 6, basically a place to hang your hat and a bed to sleep, and very cheap. We’ve been to about 14 all inclusive resorts and this has to be one of the least ornate resorts at which we have stayed. I do have to say the bed was comfortable and the room was very clean. That being said, our main priority was to get away from the inclement Pittsburgh weather and enjoy a warm climate.
On the first day we perused the main building and found the units were updated and in a more desirable location. We asked about an upgrade and were told they could either send us to their sister resort Temptation on Saturday morning or wait until Monday to get a room in the main building and that the upgrade would be free. I was shocked and pleasantly surprised at the offer. We choose Temptation as our upgrade, since it was located in the Hotel Zone and easier to get around Cancun via public transportation.
During our two day experience we tried to make the most of it. Although, an older resort the beauty of the architecture and the Spanish influence had a certain aesthetic appeal. The food and drinks were good, the desserts excellent and the staff went out their way to make it a pleasant experience.
The next day, which was cloudy and overcast, we opted to walk to the ruins about a mile from the resort. It was a self guided tour with plaques providing information about the archeological site. The entry fee was 42 pesos ($3.40 US). Along the way there was an open air Catholic church which I thought was unique and interesting to visit.
Since we were to leave for Temptation we were unable to see any shows or take advantage of the restaurant. In addition, we refrained from using the waterslide because the water was chilly and uninviting. The beach was badly eroded in areas and was limited in usable space. In speaking with one of the condo owners we found out it was one of the worst years for beach erosion and seaweed. However, one nice feature was the hammocks and swinging beds on the beach of which we took full advantage.
We did have a bad experience with the Apple representative. We were scheduled to meet with him at 4:15 on our arrival day but he was a “No Show”. I called customer service and was told he would be there at 8:00 AM the next day. Again he was a “No Show” which was very disappointing for us. Fortunately for us there was an Apple representative at Temptation that was able to address our concerns.
One additional point I want to emphasize concerns Cancun transportation system. It is easy to use and service is frequent. The resort has a bus stop in front and is serviced by the Colectivo. The Colectivo is comprised of a fleet of mini vans that run throughout the day servicing the community. The cost is 6 pesos (48 cents US) to ride to the ADO (Cancun central bus station) where a bus can be caught that goes almost anywhere in Mexico. The R1, R2, and R15 go to the Hotel Zone, R1 goes to Wal-Mart and Mercado (Market) 28. The bus destinations are well marked or you can ask the driver. The fare is 8.5 pesos (68 cents US). It is best to pay in pesos often I see tourists pay a dollar and not expect change. If you wait for change the driver often gives a few pesos as change.
To sum up, if you have young ones between 1 and 12 years of age defiantly go to this resort, they have entertainment from 9:00 AM to 10:00 PM for kids. For mature adults and couples I would have to encourage you check in at another resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark invites you to enjoy exciting activities for children and fun events for adults in a fun-packed, yet relaxing experience. Include swimming pools with children's swimming areas and inset jacuzzis, white sand beaches, three restaurants, three bars, dinner theater, fitness center, kids club, daily activities and nightly entertainment. All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark offers you an oasis of family fun for a sunny and unforgettable vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Adventure Resort & Waterpark Hotel Cancun
- Sea Adventure Resort And Waterpark
- Blue Bay Cancun
- Blue Bay Hotel Cancun
- Blue Bay Club Cancun Mexico
- Blue Bay Club Mexico