First of all since we are a family of 5 it is hard to find a resort that's not too expensive to accomodate everyone in a room - that was one reason we chose this resort since they have suites available. The other reason we chose this resort was for the waterpark. Our kids are 8, 5 and 3 and we spent the majority of the day here! Great slides and little pools for smaller kids. LOVED the water park! It was very clean and had a decent lunch place here too. Some people commented that the waterpark is open to the public which it is, but this didn't bother us at all since there were always chairs and tables available. Weekends were maybe a bit busier.
This is a 3 1/2 star resort so people who complain about the rooms and the food need to realize they are not at a luxury resort and didn't pay for one. The rooms/beds were adequate and yes, dated. Everything was always clean and the grounds were well taken care of. We stayed in the master suite across the street by the waterpark. Less than 2 minutes walk to the beach/restaurant area. THe pools out in front of the resort were ok. The food was good, some days better than others. We could always find something we liked - they always had at least 3 meats, a variety of rice, potatoes, salads and fruit. Breakfast was great. The service was great. The lines in the buffet were at times long and we thought they could organize that a bit better to lessen the wait.
Our biggest disappointment was the beach. We knew there was quite a bit of seaweed that washed up before going, but on our last few days a rainstorm brought in a TON of seaweed! They had crews trying to clean it up the next day - but it was such an eyesore for our last few days. It made the water very dirty and we didn't want to spend too much time there.
The activity staff here was awesome! I gave this resort a 4 out of 5 because of the staff. They were always doing activities by the pools or the waterpark for the kids. Water balloons, water guns, bingo, boat races, dressed up as superheroes, soccer etc... our kids always had something to do. There were many unruly kids when we were there - I don't know where their parents were but the activity staff put up with them and tried their best to deal with these big mouthed kids. The night shows were fun for the kids but were more on the amateur side. Michael Jackson show was the best.
Overall, I would recommend this resort if you have kids. I do not know why you would come here if you are just a couple, simply because we thought the waterpark was the best part. If you are looking for a fancy luxurious place - this is not it either. The resort does have a nice mexican feel to it and lots of tiling that creates a nice charm, but it is dated. The location is away from the hotel zone which we didn't mind at all since we don't need to go out partying at night or shopping. We liked not being in the highrise hotel zone. We felt safe staying here.
Day trips - we went to the Isla Mujeres island - took a ferry which was a short bus ride away and then once on the island rented a golf cart and drove around the island. We went to a turtle farm and Garrafon Park. The shopping is also great with flea markets and shopping stalls in the main town. We had a great day here with our kids! We also went to Xel-ha with our kids which was also fun,tho expensive. It was great snorkeling and easy to do with the kids but the bus ride was almost 2 hours so made for a long day. We thought it was worth it tho. Lots of other great day trips to do in this area which is why Cancun is nice to stay around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark invites you to enjoy exciting activities for children and fun events for adults in a fun-packed, yet relaxing experience. Include swimming pools with children's swimming areas and inset jacuzzis, white sand beaches, three restaurants, three bars, dinner theater, fitness center, kids club, daily activities and nightly entertainment. All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark offers you an oasis of family fun for a sunny and unforgettable vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your All Ritmo Cancun Resort & Waterpark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Adventure Resort And Waterpark
- Sea Adventure Resort & Waterpark Hotel Cancun
- Blue Bay Cancun
- Blue Bay Hotel Cancun
- Blue Bay Club Cancun Mexico
- Blue Bay Club Mexico