“spring break king” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ocean Club Suites Cancun

Ocean Club Suites Cancun
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cancun
Ocean Club Suites Cancun
Ranked #170 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
“spring break king”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2005

if you were on spirng break you would love this place, just because you'd probably be drunk the whole time. we booked a vacation and ended up on a hell journey. we only stayed one night because it was already to late to not stay at all. only one shower was taken and since i was hung over i didn't mind the cold water. we only saw one other guest at the hotel and yet we were still put on the fourth floor w/ no elevator. all the furniture is concrete or looks like it was rescued from the last hurricane. we slept on the couch since the coushion was thicker than the mattress. at check-out there was noone in the office so after a few minutes i just threw the key on the counter and left. take my advice and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2005

Couples
Solo
Business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2005

I'm not sure if all of these people are writing about the same hotel. Me and four of my friends went down there for Spring Break and had an awesome time. The hotel staff, expecially at the pool bar were really nice and friendly.(they like to have the party at the bar, all day) We had more then enough hot water for 5 people and there were No cockroaches. There were a few ants on the counter between the kitchen and the living room, but that is the only spot and they did no harm. (you could barely even see them.) This is deffinetly the hotel to stay at for Spring Break, but not for honeymoons and anniversarys, etc (it's no Hilton). The hotel even has a security guy out front for most of the day and night, to make sure nothing happens. You have to flush the toilet like 4-7 times before everything will go down but they do work. And thats everywhere you go, infact most of the restuarants/ clubs, had a sign saying to put your paper waste in the garbage not the toilet, point is (it's the whole country thing, not the hotel itself.) Really the only bad thing was the 1/2 mile walk to get to the main road to get on the bus. But it helps keep you in shape after drinking all that beer. =:) Great Time in Cancun, Hotel was Fine, and Spring Break is a must. I would go back to this hotel again for spring break!

• Stayed March 2005
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
15 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2005

I will start this off by saying this was our first trip to Cancun and it WILL not be our last. Although we had a very bad experience staying at the Ocean Club, that did not take away from our having a great time. I can not say one good thing about The Ocean Club. Its 4 stories no elevators, toilets wouldnt flush, food was terrible, beds/pillows should be burned for firewood. Stoves didnt work in each of the THREE units we were assigned to, Sewer Gas in two of the rooms .I could go on but I am sure you get the picture. We went so many places in 5 days I cant begin to remember them all. The Mexican Food we ate was outstanding. I like to eat with the locals so I tried everything I could find that I couldnt get in the states. I did keep one or two rules about water and fruit, there were four of us and no one got the Hersey Squirts. I am quite impressed with the friendly people. I know they want our peso's, but these people were really nice to be around. My one advise to myself when we return in March is get some better walking shoes. My dogs barked at by the end of the day... All in All I would say That this was one of the best vacations we have ever taken.

• Stayed January 2005
9 Thank RetNavyDiver
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2005

DO NOT SPEND EVEN ONE SECOND THINKING ABOUT STAYING AT THIS HOTEL! Back in May of 2004, we booked 9 nights to stay at the Ocean Club Suites over Christmas. We arrived late on the 25th, after spending 3 1/2 hours going through customs at the ariport, to be told that we did not have reservations at their hotel. I booked the room through hotels. I had the reservations in my hand. I had aslo caleed hotels. on two different occasions to make sure that everything was in line with our reservations, the problem was not on their end. I showed the manager, Hector Soas, my reservations. He looked at them and said "Sorry I do not have you written down in my book. These are not my reservations, I cannot help you". Of course he had double booked the room. He left us standing there. he would not let us even use the phone to call anyone. He said "this isn't my problem, I can't help you".
I then asked him to look back to his reservation book back in May when we made the reservations to see if our names were written down then. He would not do it. He simply said - No, your name is not there.
He basically left us standing in his lobby with no where to go at midnight. At that point, he would not even acknowledge that we were in his lobby. We were left standing there watching the cockroaches skitter by our feet. We were lucky enough to find a place nearby called the Laguna Verde. Don't get me wrong - we would not stay there by choice. We were stuck for 9 days with no room and we had nowhere else to go. At least the Laguna Verde was clean, there were no cockroaches scurrying about our feet.
I would also like to add that if anyone is thinking about staying ANYWHERE out in the Pok-Ta-Pok area - think again! It is quite a long walk if you are catching the bus and the cabs are $7.00 or more each way. After a few days this really adds up.
My advice - if you are going to Cancun, go to an All Inclusive Resort and verify with the hotel that you actually have a room before you get there.

19 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Cancun hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2004

This was the worst experience ever. My husband and I went there for our honeymoon and spend 4 nights there. Out of the time that we were there we were switched rooms 3 times. Nothing worked, we had no phone and the beds are made of concrete so you can sleep together.... Imagine that, on your honeymoon and in two separate beds, Anyways, there was NO hot water the whole time we were there so we would come home every night and have to boil water so that we could atleast shower using a pot of boiling water and a cup to wash it off with. When we talked to their manangement about the water situation they said that it would be fixed the next day and that was the same thing that they told us the next and the next day until finally someone was honest and they said that the water heater was broken and that it had been for over a week. I guess that if you like to rough it out and boil water so you can shower this is the perfect spot but for me I wouldnt wish this to ANYONE out there.....

14 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2004

I can't complain with any of the Reviews here, this is the hotel of choice for UK charter airline MyTravel and they kindly stitched me up in this place.I came to mexico with my tourist guide goods, not realising that I would need natural history books too, cockroaches, biting ants that like to share your bed, and of course mosquitoes which come as standard in these climates.Hot water, erm there aint none.The room was literally falling apart, a little worrying as you may get stitched for the repairs.I didn't see the pool being treated once, so I wouldn't go in there, especially after spring break.The place is so filthy, I didn't entertain eating or drinking there.There is a squash court in the hotel which borders the rooms, so expect a wake up call around 7.00am by some Mexican guys perfecting their Monica Seles grunting impressions and then acting like a drunk spring breaker thats just had his first kiss when a point is won.Room secruity is non-exisitent, a five year old could break in.My advice if you want a budget hotel is:-Carisa y Palma, right next to Hard Rock Cafeor Cancun Plaza in the south of the strip.

17 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2004

If you enjoy having cockroaches as your roommates, infestation of biting ants, bed bugs, and unexplainable rashes. Then this is the place to stay. The advertisement for the hotel is a lie. There is no Jacuzzi at the hotel. There is no identification for the hot and cold water.
So, for about 2-4 day we using the cold water, thinking there wasn't any hot water. Finally, on the fourth day we realize that we using the shower wrong. Regardless, there was hot water for about 5 minutes. They barely put chlorine in the pool. If you leave any dirty towels on the floor, there is a charge of $15 per dirty towel. The staff is nice and helpful, if you speak Spanish. There were friends of mine located on the 2nd floor. They were locked in their hotel room and forced to enter and leave through the window everyday. DO NOT lose your hotel key, because each key is worth $100--if lost. Hmmm, what else, I know there is more. Oh yeah, they made strawberry daiquiris with strawberry jam (for bread) at the bar. The location is fine. The walk is not exactly 25mins, oh please. Well, it might seem like 25mins, if you are drunk and walking from left to right, rather than forward. It's about 5-10min walk from the main street, from there you catch the bus, which is 4 stop from the party center. The location was fine. Do not let the taxi drivers hustle you. It's exactly 5-6 dollars or 50-60 pesos to the party center. Then it is 27 dollars (US) from the airport to the hotel.
It's $20 from the hotel to the airport. It's 8 dollars to Oasis Cancun Resort. If the taxi driver does not want to give you the price you want, then do not accept it. Eventually, someone will agree to your offer. There was a bus the dropped us to the main road. So, that we were able to catch the bus. Unfortunately, a drunken individual from the hotel decided to pee outside the bus window, which caused the police to confiscate the bus and arrest the person. Therefore, for the rest of the vacation there was no bus. The food at the bar was good.
One can eat fajitas for how long. There was A/C and fans at the hotel.
So, nighttime was pleasant. After everyone came home drunk from the club caused the hotel to be quite lively and entertaining. I made the most of situation and had a blast!!! Next time I will stay at Oasis Cancun!!!

17 Thank A TripAdvisor Member