Stayed at Barcelo Tucancun Cancun in March 2014 for 2 weeks on a girl holiday. This is definitely very much a budget hotel. The food in the buffet and restaurants was poor except for the breakfast. We ended up eating out quite a bit. Our room was ok as we were on the beach side, the lower rooms on the other side look out onto the back of a car park. The reception was very poorly managed and each time we went there we had to wait ages.
There were quite a few youngsters not just from USA drinking excessively with little regard for the other hotel guests especially when they returned to their rooms at 3 in the morning, the hotel did nothing to enforce their silence rules in the corridors. We even saw a very drunk young girl vomiting in the flower beds at the front of the hotel.We had problems with the water temperature in the shower on a regular basis and it was touch and go if the toilet flushed.
However, most of the staff were wonderful and made up for the shortcomings of the hotel. A very big thank you to Gus who was very helpful with local advice and Martin in the Don Quiote restaurant who always made us very welcome.
I definitely would not stay in this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Well located, with spectacular beach, mostly all the rooms looking for the ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Occidental Tucancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Hotel Cancun
- Barcelo Hotel Tucancun Beach
- Barcelo Tucancun Beach Hotel
- Tucancun Hotel
- Cancun Barcelo
- Barcelo Tucancun Beach Resort