Occidental Tucancun
$538
$817
$800
6,078 results
All reviewsalberto martineznorth towerlobby barla claraboyamexico lindothe mexican restaurantocean viewmall across the streetmain poolactivity poolentertainment staffspring breaksenor frogsoceanview roommake reservationsbeautiful beachhot dogs
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I booked the trip super last minute and did not do very much research. The hotel staff was always friendly. My room was clean and I loved the beach.

I was not too impressed with the food - the food itself was fine, I was just tired of it after two days. There were two buffet restaurants at dinner time and they served the exact same thing, so there wasn't much variety. The a la carte restaurants were ok, but you could tell that you were getting the same sides as you would find at the buffet restaurants with just a different protein. The appetizers and desserts were different though and the wait staff were super. I went on an excursion to Xel-Ha and I found the food there a lot better than at the resort. The other thing that I wished was different about the place was the indoor theatre. I would much prefer it if the evening entertainment were outside, that way it is easier to come and go as you please.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kristina H
mpgiesemann, Marketing Office at Occidental Tucancun, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Dear Kristina H
Thank you for choosing the Barceló Tucancun during your trip to Cancun. We do appreciate hearing from our customers, as their comments are vital for us to continue improving our service.
It would be a pleasure to have you
With best regards,

Reviewed March 12, 2014

This was the only time my family could get away together. This hotel was fantastic. Lots of activities, beautiful beach, mall across the street. Perfect location. Food was good. Only one night wasn't the best. All in all a great place. Staff very friendly.

Room Tip: Ocean front
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Al W

Dear Al W
Greetings, thanks for choosing Barceló Tucancun It was a pleasure to have you with us,
Thanks for taking time to value and rate our product and services,

It would be a pleasure to have you with your family on a longer break soon.
With best regards,

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I was so excited for this resort, as the reviews were great.. and to be honest, the hotel itself was nice and clean, the room was spacious, and the pools/beach were beautiful. But I must say, I will never stay here again, and the hotel/staff really frustrated my boyfriend and I a few times. First of all if you need anything from the front desk, prepare to stand in line forever.. That was so frustrating! But the thing that really got me was that when we went to check out, they charged us $73USD for an extra blanket that I had called the front desk and requested. My boyfriend was sick and bed ridden for four days of our 7 day vacation, and we needed an extra blanket. Nobody warned us of the charge before they brought us the blanket, otherwise i definitely wouldnt have asked for it. i was so dissatisfied, and the girl at the counter said she would go get her supervisor, but when she came back, the supervisor wasn't there.. she only relayed a message to me. They decreased the price slightly, but not enough. Since when do hotels charge for blankets?!!! we are certainly not picky people, but that situation did the trick for me to know i'll never stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jessk44
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Hi had a very good time there, my first time in Mexico.

The rooms were very clean, no bugs and staff was very friendly. I didn't feel like I had to tip everyone all the time.

Food was great, way better than Cuba (I always get sick there and was fine in Mexico) and they have a different themed buffet every night of the week. The best restaurant is seafood, the mexican one was okay.

The beach and main pool are super clean and cozy. There are a bit of vendors on the beach but they're not too annoying, they get what a simple no thanks means.

They're are two shopping malls close by, but everything is very expensive and there are no big bargains that can be made.

I've done some snorkling but the price is not worth the experience, especially if you have done some before. I'm not a big fan of bars, but the bar tour (including Coco Bongo!) was definitely woth it, I had an amazing time!! It is a one in a lifetime experience!

I would definitely go back!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank pasares

Dear pasares

Thank you for choosing Barceló during your trip to Cancun. We do appreciate hearing from our customers, as their comments are vital for us to continue improving our service.

We are very happy to know you had an amazing time with us, we would feel very honored to welcome you again so please let us know about your next trip, to make it even better

Warm Regards

Reviewed March 7, 2014

We had never been to Cancun and it was last-minute so we didn't really have a lot of time to research each resort so we took a chance and were pleasantly surprised! The resort has three pools, one main pool which is used by families, one infinity pool and one adult only pool with a swim up bar. The resort has at least three buffet restaurants and two a la carts which were good. Room service is 24 hours at a small fee. We upgraded our room to get a balcony on the beach side which is a must. There is an upscale mall directly behind the hotel with a nice Italian Restaurant, and another upscale mall a ten minute walk away. Reception was very helpful and cleaning staff were great as well. I can't wait to return next year! And no bugs!!!

Room Tip: Ocean view with a balcony
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank irishgirl198
mpgiesemann, Marketing Office at Occidental Tucancun, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Dear irishgirl198

We hope you give us another chance to serve you, if you happen to visit Cancun in the future.

best regards,