“Excellent staff”

Occidental Tucancun
Ranked #40 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed November 23, 2013

we travelled as a party of four and we enjoyed our holiday , the plus points are the staff , the location, the rooms , the beach , the minus are the food does get a bit of the same , but may i ad the staff in the resturant by the pool at breakfast and lunch are an asset to this hotel , ester , omar and all the staff were wonderful nothing was too much trouble great service and always smiling , also i would like to thank antonio by the adult pool bar he is a really a great barman and always looked after us with our drinks all day and sometimes he delivered to our sunbeds and always smiling
cheers
but go here the location is good just behind luxury ave and only a dollar into cancun by bus and walking distance to la isla shopping mall with lots of good shops bars and resturants , so go and see for yourself

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank MARKANDPAULINE52
mpgiesemann, Marketing Office at Occidental Tucancun, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Dear MARKANDPAULINE52

Greetings, thanks for choosing Barceló Tucancún It was a pleasure to have you with us,
Thanks for taking time to value and rate our product and services,
We hope you give us another chance to serve you, if you happen to visit Cancun in the future

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Just got back to reality on Monday 18th Nov, Wow fantastic location right on the front and views are breath taking.
Hotel its self does exactly what it says on the tin, dont come expecting 5 star because its not but offers very comfortable accom and like I say the views are stunning!
All the staff couldn't do enough and make you feel right at home.
I had a noise problem with my room and when I pointed this out was quickly moved to level 5 sea view and upgraded!
Food is realy good, better than some all Inc deals I have been on and plenty enteraiment.
Internet was an additional cost but Hey Ho.
Good bars and friendly staff,could go on and on but dont just take my word for it just book It!
Just tried to book this for December but fully booked :-(

Room Tip: Tip! It works wonders and be carefull about booking tours.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Dontlookdown
mpgiesemann, Marketing Office at Occidental Tucancun, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Dear Dontlookdown

We are very happy to know you had an amazing time with us, we would feel very honored to welcome you again so please let us know about your next trip, to make it even better.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I have now been to Barcelo Tucancun a few times and thought it was time that I write them a well deserved review. This is a solid 4 star hotel that is INCREDIBLE for its price. I did a lot of research before going to Cancun for the first time and based on price and reviews, this hotel seemed to stick out the most. Well I was right and I have gone back 3 times since because of it.
First off, the pool and beach are as good you are going to find. The entertainment staff around the pool are extremely helpful and always keeping people enjoying their day. Daily volleyball, water aerobics, bingo, zumba are the regular activities. Then they throw in drink mixing classes on other days and ever karaoke on rainy days. Angel and Ulises are the ones to ask for as they will take care of you for your entire trip!
The rooms are your typical 4 star Mexico rooms. Clean & good beds. I've had both lagoon and ocean view and of course their is a big difference, but the amount of time you spend in your room is minimal, so both work. Housekeeping staff is great!
Buffets/food were solid throughout the whole trip. In general I get tired of buffet food no matter what hotel I stay at but overall food was good.
I enjoy a good night out with friends. My goodness Ulises and the rest of the entertainment team were awesome! Really do take care of you for nights out.
Overall, couldn't have been happier with my choice to come to Barcelo Tucancun!

Room Tip: Rooms on the south tower are a bit newer in terms of showers.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Chris L

Dear Leaner14

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Just returned from Tucancun and my wife and I definitely enjoyed our 6 night stay!!! Its a nice hotel and the staff is Awesome!! The helped us with any questions we had. The beach, pools, and bars were great! The Mexican and Seafood restaurants were good. The daily buffets are similar each day but that was not a big problem for us. We did eat at other places to mix it up a little. A mall is out front of the hotel, so you are not on the main strip with its traffic. They have a DJ playing music by the main pool which was nice. Take the city bus R1 to travel to different places even Walmart!! Its only a dollar! Most people that we talked to knew some English which helped us many, many times. A bartender, Antonio and a waitress, Cindy took very good care of us, they deserve nice tips!! It was a good stay and I would definitely return!!

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room!! We had a great view from the 6th floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
mpgiesemann, marketing Office at Occidental Tucancun, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Dear Dusty H

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Stayed at the Barceló Tucancun beach for 2 weeks with my fiancé. This is a relaxing holiday.
we really enjoyed our stay, it was well worth the money. we loved this hotel because its not trying to be something its not.

pros-
right on the beach.
good value for money for all inclusive
everything very clean.
staff friendly and welcoming.
everyone spoke very good English and at least tried as our Spanish was limited.
entertainment staff FANTASTIC!! a good laugh.
good 3 pools
right near shops. bars, restaurants.
not too busy.
rooms big. beds HUGE!. walk in shower.

cons-( but who cares really nothing to worry about)
food the same every day especially for 2 weeks ( but its ok we went out some nights)
not much to do in the rain ( but its ok we went shopping) and the rains warm.
drinks either a bit watered down or weak alcohol compared to UK. (who cares its all inclusive)

Thank You Barceló Tucancun beach.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank watercat1993
mpgiesemann, Marketing Office at Occidental Tucancun, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear iwatercat,
Greetings, thanks for choosing Barceló Tucancun was a pleasure to have you with us,
Thanks for taking time to value and rate our product and services,

It would be a pleasure to have you on a longer break soon.

Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Just got back from the barcelo to which all I can say is it is a very pleasant hotel.
99% of the staff are superb and always smile with just a few exceptions
The rooms were clean as was the rest of the hotel and to be honest if I wanted a total relax holiday then I would totally recommend this hotel as its location on the strip couldn't be much better

However the 2 down sides are food and entertainment I'm not 1 of them that just wants burger and chips I do like other stuff and do like to try new things but I can't eat cheese which it seems is what the chef seems to like to use a lot of and it was a little repetitive however I didn't go hungry.
The next is entertainment the daytime stuff doesn't really bother me as I dive and my girlfriend just wants the sun but evening entertainment starts after 8 with 2 singers who don't speak any other language than Spanish but do try sing English songs which is quite funny listening to the words after that they have a show that starts at 9after that nothing and the show lasts up to an hour they do Finnish with the singers but all Latino style songs with crowd inter action all Spanish which lasts about half hour the entertainment staff are more interested in going clubbing

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear dj_syko,
Greetings, thanks for choosing Barceló Tucancun It was a pleasure to have you with us,
Thanks for taking time to value and rate our product and services, we are working to improve new menus for our restaurants .

Reviewed October 30, 2013

we have just returned from 2wks at the barcelo tucancun and I would just like to express how much we loved our stay. the staff were brilliant and so helpful nothing was ever any trouble for them. I read that people complained about the food well not us, people must remember this is an international hotel and we met Austrailians, Mexicans, Russians,French just too name a few, so feel the chefs etc did a great job to feed us all.Every member of staff from the guy who put out and took in the sun loungers, pool guys cleaners waiters, and housekeepers to reception staff were friendly and fun. the rooms were spacious and clean and would reccomend this hotel to anyoneThe pool areas were brill, one for fun lovers, one for middle of the road folk, and one quieter for adults only,the beach was to die for..The area of Cancun was easy to get about on the r1 or r2 local buses that run 24/7 and cost 1$. plenty too do for us a couple in our 50s. The best currency to take is pesos.

Room Tip: rooms on far right or far left, not in the middle as these don't have balconys, and not at front...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank JWT57
mpgiesemann, Marketing Office at Occidental Tucancun, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear Jem t