We saw many reviews of this hotel and figured we would do the same. We had our 2 boys with us ages 15 and 9. Our 9 year old completely loved it. The main pool was awesome for him with the activities that they had. He also loved the Beach and being in the nice clean water for hours on end. Our 15 year old thought it was great and relaxing as well.
For my wife and I, this was worth every penny. The hotel was clean and a majority of the staff was excellent. Sylvia was an awesome poolside waitress that took care of our family and friends quickly and always had a smile. Felix the pool bartender made great drinks that were not watered down. Enrique and Eulises were awesome with games and activities for everyone. If you take the time to get to know these plus many more staff members you will never regret your experience. Will at the mexican restaurant made they experience entertain for all. He even went the extra mile for one of our friends when he wasn't feeling well. They care about everyone that visits.
Food: we do not have an expensive taste or expect to be wow'd by it, and we were always able to find some great food to eat. Take the time to do the reservation for the Mexican restaurant as well as visit the Don Quixote buffet and say hi to Noe the waiter. Good variety of food with a lot of food the kids would eat as well.
Entertainment: we went every evening and we're never disappointed. We had a magic show, Mexican cultural dance, Michael Jackson tribute, circus night and missed the karaoke night as we left that day. Kids as well as us, loved the shows.
Tips: never hesitate to give a couple of dollars for the hard working people that help you out. At the pool we would tip the waiters/waitress and the bartender first thing(about $5 per day). In return they were very appreciative and will take care of you quickly and often. We left a couple of dollars each day on our bed ($3 and $2) in the refrigerator and they Cleaned them daily and over stocked our refrigerator.
One other person to note, Cindy the waitress at the lobby bar that had a cute birthmark, is awesome for the kids.
Overall: was great experience. If you are down to earth you will love it. Met many nice people from all over the world (Ireland, England, and many parts of the US)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Well located, with spectacular beach, mostly all the rooms looking for the ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Barcelo, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Occidental Tucancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Hotel Cancun
- Barcelo Hotel Tucancun Beach
- Barcelo Tucancun Beach Hotel
- Tucancun Hotel
- Cancun Barcelo
- Barcelo Tucancun Beach Resort