Good: Animation/Entertainment staff. clean grounds, small size of the hotel made it easy to get around. Good layout. Beautiful Beach
Terrible: Service at front desk, food, restaurants, drink service, no music at Swim up bar, no wifi provided. Had to pay for room safe
Positives: Great location on the Cancun strip. Beautiful Beach. Close to airport, downtown and shopping mall.
13 years ago, I stayed at Barcelo Maya Beach resort for my honeymoon and LOVED it, so when my friends and I planned a girls getaway to Cancun, I was comfortable endorsing the Barcelo Tucancun, based on my previous experience. What a mistake!!! We were on a budget, and this hotel fit within that budget. Yes - you do get what you pay for, but SERVICE should be part of the deal no matter what you pay! Front desk service was rude and basically dishonest. I can't count how many times I heard "I so sorry but" to any request we made. Many times they flat out lied to us.It seems to be acceptable protocol with this hotel: "tell them no and to come to check back later". Who wants to spend their entire vacation trudging up to the front desk only to be told "no, I so sorry". One of our requests was to upgrade to a balcony room - we were willing to pay for that, but no, they so sorry, that was not possible, check tomorrow. ANYWAY - We certainly are not high demand customers - and we are all well-traveled. The food choices and restaurants were very bad. Fried burgers, steaks and seafood (not grilled), and hot trays full of saucy mishmash. Not a slice of bacon the whole time. Only good thing was the Mexican restaurant - chips and salsa, fajitas were good. The Animation/entertainment staff were the only staff that I saw smile, laugh or actually care whether we were having a good time. They work very hard and help make our trip better. The beach was beautiful - BUT NO DRINK SERVICE!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Well located, with spectacular beach, mostly all the rooms looking for the ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Occidental Tucancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Hotel Cancun
- Barcelo Hotel Tucancun Beach
- Barcelo Tucancun Beach Hotel
- Tucancun Hotel
- Cancun Barcelo
- Barcelo Tucancun Beach Resort