Solymar Cancun Beach Resort
$263
  • Pool
$750
Bookit.com
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun(Cancun)
$530
$491
1,050 results
All reviewsbuses runisla mujerescondowavesxcaret
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Ok we only paid £50 per night each for the two nights we stayed here so we weren't expecting much for that on an all inclusive basis. We expected the food to be average at best and no frills. However, we were not expecting the pool bar to be taped off, broken doors and the most musty and old rooms you could imagine.

This hotel is a complete and utter toilet and looks like something that would have been built in Spain when package holidays first began.

The only thing this place has going for it is that it sits on a beautiful stretch of beach. As such it should be flattened and a hotel worthy of the location constructed in it's place.

In all fairness the food in the restaurant wasn't bad. It was by no means great, but not bad. The alcohol on the other hand was a complete joke. Perhaps the worst beer I have ever tasted in my life and the. Spirits tasted revolting.

Do yourself a favour and pay a little more to stay somewhere else. I'm just thankful we only spent two nights here!!!!

Room Tip: Choose a room in a different hotel!!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
10  Thank EvertonBluenose
Reviewed June 26, 2013

After checking this place out on Hotwire and Trip Advisor we booked it. Sevice is bad. Wireless is bad quality, only works intermittently and only in the actual lobby. First room was dilapidated leaking plumbing, low quality beds, cabinets without handles. This is a resort???!! Like a last resort maybe!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Mike M
Reviewed May 15, 2013

From my experience solymar was ok but u cant really expect much from a 3*** hotel, the main thing was that all the staff at solymar were great, especially Victor Vaca his customer service skills were great he knew how to speak fluent english which was a great help for us because we didnt speak a word of spanish, i would definately go back, if you dont expect too much then you wont be dissapointed for sure

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank preety k
Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 11 nights in February. It was the cheapest hotel in Cancun and the only way we could afford the holiday. We were pleasantly surprised when we checked in. Our rooms were large with 2 double beds, the bathroom clean and a free safe. The staff were friendly and helpful, especially the guy that sorts out entertainment, he set up some great days/nights out for us. The food was ok, some nights better than others. Pool and beach were lovely and never too busy.......the bar's not the kind of place you can spend an evening though! It is far along the hotel zone but very easy and cheap to jump on a bus. Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Victoria G
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I have stayed in many types of hotels, from 5 star Hotels like Omni to Motel 6. My mom booked this trip as a girls weekend and after reading the reviews, I was not going with high expectations, but I also know some people do exaggerate. However, in the case of this hotel, all the reviews WERE NOT an exaggeration!!!! This has been the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. They charged you a $1 to make a local call and you had to make it from the lobby. If you are a "local" they would only charge you $10 pesos, which saves you about $2 pesos. The TV in the room had no buttons and there were no remotes, unless you went to the lobby to rent one. We were "upgraded" to a suite, however it was NOT an upgrade and I am afraid to see what our original room looked like. They charged $20 for the lunch buffet, which had the WORST FOOD I have ever had! And that's saying something since I work for a university and cafeteria food is not great! The staff was rude even to those of us who were considered "nationals." I tried getting a cup of ice, however I was quickly informed that ice was sold by the cup. The hotel served its purpose since my family and I went off to excursions on all the days, however if you are looking for a nice hotel to relax in, look elsewhere. I was informed at the airport during a brief survey I did of my visit, that this hotel was the worst of the hotel zone. There was even a broken down car in the parking lot. Nice view of the ocean, but this area is also the choppy part of the beach and on some days; dangerous to swim in. The towels were disgusting and you had to turn in your key to the lobby to get housekeeping to clean the room.

Overall, the room served its purpose. We only slept there and explored the Rivera Maya all day until the late part of the night. However, when I come back I will be staying somewhere else! NEVER AGAIN!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family