“Was adequate for what we needed”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Ramada Cancun City

Ramada Cancun City
Ranked #86 of 182 Hotels in Cancun
Reading, UK
“Was adequate for what we needed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2011

We stayed here for one night before heading to Chichen Itza.

Was clean, fair sized room with a/c and small balcony.

This hotel is located in ´downtown´Cancun away from the beaches as Zona Hoteleria.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Holiday-lover50

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Slovak first
Reykjavik, Iceland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2011

I stayed at Ramada for six nights early in June. It is well located in the center and easy to take a bus to the hotel zone as well. The service and food was excellent, and my friend and I were really surprised when we realized the hotel was only three stars.

The food is good, the pool is nice and the room as spotless and comfortable.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank ferdagarpur
Gothenburg, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2011

We decided on staying in Cancun city instead of the hotel zone. This hotel was in a very nice area of town, with great lots of really nice restaurants nearby. The hotel itself was very clean, the rooms were nice and very modern, staff friendly and serviceminded.
The restaurant was also a great choice for breakfast and lunch...Staying here is definitely a must instead of the boring hotel zone!

Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Larzon67
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2011

We were put into Room 219. It was very clean and spacious. The king-sized bed was very comfortable and the sheets very soft. We checked... no bed bugs like the other reviewers have stated. It was a little loud at night with the bar across the street, but the air conditioning drowned some of the noise.

Huge, long windows looking onto the traffic circle and life in Cancun.

A good value, modern, spacious bathroom. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Donnarita1964
Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2011

My wife and I used our Wyndam reward points to stay here the last 2 nights of our vacation so we would be close to the airport (spent 2 weeks in Tulum)...I read the reviews and was quite skeptical because of the mention of bed bugs.

As soon as we arrived we advised the front desk that we read on the internet they had a bed bug problem and asked if they knew anything. They acted like they had never even heard the words bed or bug. Anyway, we got into our room and immediately stripped the beds with our head lamps on and looked...we couldn't see anything so we decided to take a chance. First night we slept on one of the two beds together and didn't notice anything...I thought great it is a myth.

The second night I slept in the opposite bed, woke up in the middle of the night with an incredible itch on my right arm....looked in the mirror and there were atleast 15 swollen bites on my elbow and hand that were under my pillow. I spent the rest of the night awake in the chair waiting for morning so I could check out.

Other than that the location was great, awesome resteraunts close, walking distance from the bus (75 cents to get to the main hotel strip---which is worth seeing for a day). Rooms are totally redone, Gym in the hotel is good, flat screens in the rooms, showers redone and clean...if only they could fix the bug problem the hotel would be alright.

Trust me I'm the last guy to complain, I was in a hut in Tulum for 2 weeks and never had any problems...

Our back packs have been outside on my deck for 2 days in the cold because I want to ensure no bugs get into my house!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank RickyBooby
Isvimo, Propietario at Ramada Cancun City, responded to this review, April 13, 2011
Dear RickyBoo: We review all our guests staying from end of January and February trying to locate your room number and make a deeper investigation about bed bugs and unfortunately we could not find any reservation with the information reported in your comment. Also please let me inform you that The Ramada Cancun Hotel was recently renovated and the rooms fumigation program is dome according to the schedule. Also I want to inform you that room change is available to fullfill the guest expectations. Since them we have been taking care more closely and no one else have reported situation like yours. Sincerely yours,
Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2011

My friend & I landed at CUN without a Hotel. We got online to www.hotele.com and scored this hotel for $30 less than the posted price in the actual hotel.

Our room had 2 double beds, AC, modern decor, small patio overlooking the pool which is located in the inner area of the hotel. No sun by the pool so no suntanning there, but they do offer a free shuttle to the beach.

The food in the Restaurant was very tasty!

The street has several bars and a sports bar across the street with an Internet Cafe.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2011

As the title indicates, I would have few qualms with this hotel if I hadn't woken up with new bed bug bites every morning as did my husband. I did some research to make sure they weren't mosquito bites before I went to the hotel front desk. The guy looked mortified and switched us to another room (often times bed bugs are contained) but I got new bites in the new room. If it weren't for this problem I would definitely recommend this hotel. It's super modern, the rooms are comfortable and clean, it's in a great downtown location close to the mercados, restaurants and bars, has free parking, a huge pool and wi-fi and the service is attentive. Too bad for the parasites.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple