Beach House Imperial Laguna Cancun Hotel
$249
$337
$275
$800
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun(Cancun)
$465
$356
Bookit.com
Le Blanc Spa Resort(Cancun)
$800
$506
$427
$508
$405
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 7, 2013

If you've had enough of expensive boutique hotels or are looking for some cheaper budget options, Imperial Laguna is a smart choice. Located by the lagoon, 7 minutes walk from the party street in Zona Hotelas, in a small and quiet street. The rooms are fair and simple, clean and spacious enough. The hotel offers a nice pool and sunbeds and a decent breakfast included.

We still feel that the kitchenette gave the little extra here. Buy some extra stuff for your breakfast at the local supermercado, bring as much water or beer as you like – and you are always greeted with a friendly smile.

You are also free to visit the Celuisma Dos Playas resort by the sea for free towels and sunbed, or with discount on a all-inclusive (towels, sunbed, drinks and lunch buffet) day pass.

Room Tip: Ask for a view to the lagoone (605, 606, 705, 706, 805, 806)
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank olerules
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Booked this hotel a day before I travelled to Cancun as it was very cheap and I didnt have time to look around at other hotels. It wasnt absolutely terrible but I would not stay there again if you paid me! When I checked into my room, I noticed a stain on the bed straight away..so I went to reception and asked to change the room. The man at the reception desk did not believe me and had to inspect it himself. After seeing it for himself, he gave me a key to another room, but said that was the last empty room. It was only later I realised that the hotel was practically empty, I just saw a handful of guests staying there.

It is not as close to the hotel zone as I would have liked so had to catch a taxi there and also not close to the town centre. Rooms are very basic. Air con was terrible. There was a distinct smell as soon as you entered the hotel, which just made me feel like I wanted to get out again.

I could not stay there more than three days. I checked out and checked into a resort the rest of my friends were staying at. The man at reception said he would refund me for the rest of my stay (I paid for 7 days), and I am still waiting for my refund, despite emailing the manager several times. I wish I booked the resort in the first place, instead of this hotel!

On the positives - The staff are friendly and always made an effort to speak to you. The room was cleaned daily and towels changed.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank PriSach
Jose Maria P, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Beach House Imperial Laguna Cancun Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Imperial Laguna is a budget hotel meeting the basic standards for its category. The hotel located is 10 minutes away from Cancun downtown and just 5 minutes away from the main enterteinment zone in Cancun. You may take unexpensive public transportation to go anywhere. Thanks for your comments

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Great location, very close to the beaches, entertainment, nightlife and food. Hotel is clean and has hot water, wifi and a safety deposit. We stayed for 1 week and never encountered an unpleasant situation.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed just for 3 days, but the hotel was not as good as on the pictures, it's dirty and it seems everything is falling in to pieces. On our last day someone at 7.30 pm entered our room and STOLED our belongings, computers, ipod, cameras... EVERYTHNG THAT COSTS!. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!. the staff called the police, and the night supervisor told us that she did not guarenteed that the hotel would pay back our belongings. If you are trying to stay in Cancun, search for other hotels, THIS IS NOT SAFE!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank priscila90
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Located in the hotel zone this property while not on the beach is just as good as any large hotel. Staff is friendly and helpful, bilingual. fantastic pool. Ask for a room facing the pool area.
A free continental breakfast is available every morning. The lagoon view is breathtaking with several dock boats available for daily rental. Local buses are a short distance walk which will
sip you to the downtown area in less than 2o minutes.

Room Tip: Reguest a suite with a balcony facing the pool.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family