“Nothing but first class!”

Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe
Ranked #44 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
Wilmington, Delaware
“Nothing but first class!”
Reviewed August 16, 2014

Couldn"t ask for anything more.Far above any all inclusives.Service was great food much better then average.great beverages bar staff very friendly and waiters were the best.i would highly recomend this hotel too all my friends. Jon B

Room Tip: room 3003 nice patio not cramp balcony.close to every thing
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Carlos D, Gerente at Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience on this site. I am glad to learn that you had such a good time with us. We would love to welcome you once more on your next visit to Cancun

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,158)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

we came with a little worry but we found great hotel everything was great, food, beach, staff, service, very clean. we enjoyed total all inclusive service. this hotel was unforgettable for us. Thanks a lot

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your review. I am very glad to read that you were satisfied by the service we provided and that you enjoyed your time here at the Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe. We hope to see you again soon!
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 14, 2014

I travelled to Mexico on my own for a break in between contracts, in need of some serious downtime, and found myself in this wonderful hotel. Apart from a mixup with the room (the agency had told me I was in the Royal Tower - I wasn't) and the rather high WiFi charges, I will not, and could not, fault this hotel. That said, the WiFi had better performance than most hotels I have stayed in previously. The hotel is small compared to the other A.I. hotels in Cancun and Playa Del Carmen, and I'm glad. It felt alot more personal that way. The food in the buffet was varied and good, although there were queues for eggs in the morning and pasta at lunchtime with sometimes only one chef, but he really worked his socks off and always had a smile. The speciality restaurants were really good, with the Italian being my favourite (4 visits in 9 nights!). Drinks were a good quality and staff, to a person, very helpful and friendly. Towards the end of the holiday the sunbeds were all "bagged" by 8:30 and not usually taken up before 11:00 which was annoying, but hey ho. The pool by the Royal Tower looked the same with not alot of shade, so I didn't bother with that. That pool also had the swim up bar which seemed really popular and as I prefer a bit of quite I didn't miss much.

The main pool was warm...some days too warm....I don't know if it is heated but if it is, switch it off! The sea was translucent and incredibly refreshing. Animation team kept activities goind most of the day. Not my cup of tea, but I could zone out the noise without too much effort (and a coule of G&Ts..). They seemed a great bunch, and left you alone if you didn't want to join in.

Housekeeping was spot on. Again, this team work really hard and my room was always spotless (not that I make much of a mess you understand) and the mini bar was always replenished.

Tipping is always awkward for people from the UK, so my advice is to make sure you have plenty of 1, 2 and 5 dollar notes to say thanks when you're looked after (especially housekeeping), and do it frequently. The service won't change of you don't, but it's nice to say thanks.

All in all, a great hotel managed by great people!

Alain

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Carlos D, Gerente at Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to share your experience with future travelers. It is reviews like yours that make me believe that we are on the right path to achieve excellence. I feel very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us so much and that we were able to help make your vacation a great one. We would love to welcome you once more here at the Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Check in: was fast and easy. Didn't like the fact the when I asked for a higher room the the lady said all rooms were full which they clearly were not. Overall satisfied with the view from our room so that was okay.
Restaurants: The 2 reservation only restaurants were great! The oriental (asain food) was delicious. Good variety nice location. El Mirador (italian) was amazing as well. Food and staff was great. The dinner buffet isn't that great but manageable. Breakfast at both locations were great.

Pool/Beach: The seats do get taken fast but there is always others available. The good ones get taken right away but you will get a least one or 2 to put your stuff in
Staff: bartenders are very nice but agreed not enough, Would have been nice to have staff that cater you your snacks or drinks like other hotels I've stayed at.

Room: Overall satisfied. If i decide to stay here again i will probably upgrade to the royal tower beach front rooms. AC can get a bit noisy at night but manageable as well.

Loved this hotel and loved cancun, Cant wait to visit again

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Carlos D, Gerente at Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to share your experience on this site. I am pleased to learn that we were able to make your vacation enjoyable and I would like to invite you to stay with us again, we would be more than happy to be your hosts on your next trip to Cancun.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 9, 2014

First of all, this resort should not be rated a 4+ star rating. At best, I would rate it a 3 star. Here are my PROS and CONS:

PROS
Beautiful Beach
Wonderful Italian Restaurant
Clean except for one pool
Beautiful views of the ocean from the rooms
Awesome rain shower in the bathroom
Great bartenders

CONS
No free Wi Fi
Charged to use the fitness center exercise equipment.($8.00 per day per person)
Limited chase lounges around the pools. You had to get up early to reserve your spot.
Lengthy distance from your room to common areas
Elevators were extremely hot when working
Breakfast buffet did not vary from day to day and not hot.
Noisy a joining rooms
Oriental Restaurant was awful (especially the dessert)
Unpleasant odors around the facility (smelled like urine)
La Concha restaurant was bad
Non motorized benefits were offsite
Walkways were set stone. Could not roll luggage easily
Beach was not raked often for seaweed
No waiter or bar service around pools or at beach like other resorts
Very crowded and a lot of children
Families with children under 12 years old could not attend the a la carte restaurants. The were
limited to the buffet or snack bars.
Walls around one pool were consistently dirty
No real entertainment or auditorium to entertain guests

I have been to Cancun 9 times now within the past 4 years. This resort was overrated on the reviews.

Room Tip: Do not get a room that adjoins with another room.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Carlos D, Gerente at Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Thank you very much for taking your time to share with all of us this review, your feedback is very important for us and it is my regret that we were not able to meet your expectations during the time you spent with us, I truly appreciate the negative details you pointed out, I can assure you that they will be looked into so we can prevent them from happening again to our future guests, we are working on improvements that will allow us to meet all the expectations of our guests. Hopefully you will give us an opportunity to host you in the future
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed August 9, 2014

So yes, it was hotter then Hades......but oh so wonderful here! The beach was incredible and the water was the clearest we have ever seen it! It was pure bliss to get in for a swim after getting out in the heat for a while! This was our second time to this property (last time was 4 years ago)...and we still found it to be clean and well maintained. I am a bit of a clean freak and normally hate hotel rooms...but have no problem here. The only time I felt any issues of uncleanliness was when we were in the 'adult' like pool and the PATRONS would leave their free drink cups all around and people would knock them over at times. The staff was busy making drinks so the cups collected a bit too much for my liking ....but more of a poor patron issue to me. I did wish the staff came by at least once an hour to pick up area as I found it a bit gross to see others drinks everywhere. We did upgrade to the royal premiere towers and were glad we did. My college daughter was in awe of the room, view, and deck with small pool outside. It was worth it and overall not that much more considering it gave you access to a private lounge with free wifi, snacks, water, and drink service!! The same two servers worked in the premier lobby and were two of the sweetest young men on staff. They always remembered us and our usual items wanted and were very attentive. Props to both of them! We enjoyed the buffet most of the days we were there...only a few meals seemed to be items we weren't fond of....but so MUCH better then other buffets we have had in Mexico. You are always able to find something to eat!! The Mexican night there should Not be missed! There was mostly awesome waiters (Ivan in particular) with the exception of one breakfast when we had no waiter....but Ivan spotted us and tried to help,us even tho it was not his section. We only went to eat at the Italian one day...and it and the server were awesome! We just found the buffet, room service and hamburgers so satisfying we didn't feel a need to dress up and eat at a restaurant. It was better being in the pool and socializing with others! I am not much of a schedule person. Overall we loved it and would recommend to anyone to go there! Of course one of the employees you run into may be having a bad day....but who doesn't? They all work harder then anyone I know and I give them a break if I run into someone having a bad day....which was a rare issue, and never affected our trip. People reviewing negatively forget this and expect perfection Unrealistically. This place is as perfect as a place as we have been ...both times....and we would go back in a second! Only negative I have is that I didn't get the names and email of all the wonderful people we met while there.....but that is on me! So if anyone reads this and remembers the Dallas folks who were there August 1-6th...contact us :-)

Room Tip: Upgrade to premiere tower..worth it! Ask the person at front desk for choices when you arrive..they...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to make your experience a successful one! We all at Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe are delighted to know that you had a memorable time staying with us and enjoyed everything, from the selection of food, the comfort of your room, and especially the excellent service provided by our staff. We will be looking forward to your next visit
Denver
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Stayed here for 9 nights from July 6th thru the 15th. We put on our reservation that it was our honeymoon. When we arrived the front desk lady was very nice and spoke decent english. We were given a room on the 5th floor of the hotel and we asked about upgrading our room. They said for $550 we could upgrade to the Royal Tower. I said can't you do any better than that and the lady talked to her boss and she knocked it down to $450 for the upgrade. We had to wait a few minutes for our room to get ready probably because they had to get our bottle of wine and chocolate covered strawberries from the room we originally were suppose to have. We noticed a lot of honeymoon couples had a banner on their door as well but we didn't have one of those all. Our honeymoon gift was a bottle of wine and the chocolate covered strawberries. Our room was fantastic as we were on the top 4th floor with a great view of the ocean. We had a rain shower and jacuzzi tub in our room. We wanted to take the rain shower home with us. So here is a breakdown of both the good and the bad.

The Room:
As mentioned the room was awesome and it was worth the $450 to upgrade. Definately would recommend the Royal Tower if you stay here as it's awesome and you also get free WI-FI in the lounge. The only down side is that the lounge is only open on a limited basis but we got friendly with Edgar who was just awesome and he would let us stay in the lounge even when it was not open and told us we could sit on patio out back to get internet if the doors were locked. The only downside of the room was that the bed was very hard and the pillows were lumpy so we never slept that great the whole time we were there. Our fridge was stocked daily with 2 diet cokes, 2 regular cokes, 2 sprits, 4 waters, 4 corona's and 3 shooters. The rain shower was really nice and it also had 2 seperate shower heads to the side and a hand wand as well. The downside to this was one afternoon we were taking a shower and all of a sudden the water went off. I had shampoo in my hair as well when it happened. We had to call and tell them our water was off. In about 10 minutes the water came back on so I was able to rinse out the shampoo in my hair. The floor is all tile and that was better than carpet so that was great but on the second day we were there I stepped on a piece of glass by the bed and had to go to the front desk to get it pulled out. They were very good about it and all but never really apologized for this happening. I'm assuming the previous people that stayed in the room broke a glass and it wasn't cleaned up properly. This can happen. Also the elevator only worked about half the time we stayed here and it was a long hike up to the forth floor. Overall the room was fantastic and outside of a few inconviences it was great espeically for the price.

The Pool:
We spent most of our time at the Infinity Pool by our hotel room. The water was warm and we noticed every day the water was checked and chemicals added as needed. The pool would sometimes get pretty crazy especially in the late afternoon when everyone had to much to drink. The swim up bar was nice and Jose did a good job of keeping up with all the drink orders for the most part. People that say the drinks are weak is because they order the wrong thing. Try a Blue Long Island Iced Tea or a double shot Pina Colada with a floater on top and you will feel the booze. Favorite drink was the Banana Daquari. We only spent a little time at the activity pool but it seemed nice as well even tho it's an older pool. There is a pizza stand near the activity pool that had 4 different types of pizza and it was very good. There was also a place called El Jardin that served make your own Nacho's along with Burgers.

The Specialty Resturants:
We tried all 3 of them along with lunch at the Mexican Resturant starting the second day we were there. We were not impressed with any of them and only ate at each place once. The Italian Resturant service was aweful and the food was nothing to great. The only good thing about it was the Salad Bar. The Oriental Resturant atmopshere was great but the service was just ok and the food was the same. The Mexican Resturant actually had the best food in our opinion and service was decent but at lunch the service was aweful and the food was bad and it was also hot in the resturant at lunch. So after trying all of them out we decided the Buffet was better because you could have as much as you wanted and you didn't have to spend 2 hours at dinner each nite. I would recommend going to the Oriental Resturant once just for the Atmoshere but I would skip the rest unless you like small portions and just ok food.

The Buffet
The food was pretty good for the most part. Mexicana nite was the best. They didn't have a ton of food choices but what they had was good for the most part. Sometimes the combinations of things to eat were kind of strange no the less at dinner. The egg station was pretty busy most mornings so we would miss out on it more times than not. They don't serve any bacon at the breakfast buffet but if you ask the waiter they will bring you bacon. Overall it was good for both breakfast and dinner. We never ate here at lunch just had the snacks out by the pool.

Other Things Worth Mentioning
They have an ice cream shop with about 16 varities. The ice cream portions are small but you can get more if you want. They also have a few desserts here along with some cold sandwiches. There is a rooftop bar called the Equinox which is located above the Italian Resturant. It is a very peaceful place when they don't have Karaokee going on and it has a great view towards the west.

Would We Return
Yes. The language barrier can be trying at times and this place has a lot of quirks but they keep it very clean and it's on prime beach location that isn't very crowded. The thing that would keep me from coming back here most is the fact that they don't really offer much in the way of seafood like other all inclusive resorts. Sure there is shrimp and fish here and there if you look hard but you won't find any lobster here.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Royal Tower because you will have a much better room on the beach with a rainshower a...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to make your honeymoon experience a successful one! We all at Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe are delighted to know that you had a memorable time staying with us and enjoyed everything, from the food, the comfort of your room, the beach and especially the excellent service provided by our staff. We will be looking forward to your next visit