“Great experience”

Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe
Ranked #42 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Overall we had a great experience, I though the service was excellent in all areas of the hotel, front desk, room service, pool drinks, buffets in the restaurants and concierge in general for reservations & amenities. All suites are sea facing and the view is not bad from any of them I believe. Our suite had a pool and sea view, it was great. This is an all inclusive hotel that means all food is taken care of. All the restaurants are pretty good, the italian in particular is excellent.

On the downside, wifi is a rip-off at $16 per day per device. They have a trap set in which they lure the customers to do their 2 hour property tour for timeshare with no obligations and in return they give you a coupon for a stay in any of their properties and free wifi for your current stay for 2 devices. Once you complete the tour without enrolling into any timeshare offers, they do give you the coupon for a 3 nights stay at one of their properties, which is nice of course only if you could go there. And wifi for 2 devices as promised, but the wifi only works in the lobby near the business centre and not in your room, boo haa! I recommend you do the tour only if you are really interested in listening to the timeshare offer which I thought wasn't bad - spending 10K or 25K total for timeshare for 5-10 years.

Have a good stay!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Prasenjeet S
Carlos D, Gerente at Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Thank you very much for sharing with us this generous review about our work and our services, it's a great pleasure to know that your overall experience was enjoyable. I was most happy to read of your kind comments regarding the service you received. We will be looking forward to your next visit to Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe,

There are newer reviews for Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe

Reviewed June 6, 2014

We stayed in the hotel as a member's guest for our honeymoon. I had never stayed in "all-inclusive" but my husband had. The hotel itself is not bad, they have good restaurants, good pools and the staff in gerenal is helpfull, specially if you tip them. But some of them are rude.

What we desliked the most was the famous presentation for becoming a member. They promissed us to be an hour and it took 3 hours, we lost the whole morning. They promisse to give you room service, internet access (which only works inside Royal's room) and discount of 40% on the tours if you do the presentation. Once we didn't became a member, they only gave us 15% of discount (but that's not what they said before otherwise I wouldn't have lost my time for 3 hours. Any agency you go will give you 15% discount if you negociate). Also, the internet access inside Royal's room wasn't supposed to be traded. After we stayed at Grand Park Royal Cancun we went to Park Royal Cozumel, and they told us there that the internet access (at least inside Royal's room) is a benefit for all the members and guest members.

Now the services on the hotel:

Restaurants: You have to stand on the line every morning to make reservations on the Italian, Mexican and Oriental restaurants, otherwise you just have to go the buffet one. The day you arrive you authomatically lost the chance to make a reservation because it can only be done in the morning (in the afternoon all of them are already booked). As I said before this was my first time in an all inclusive, so I can't compare. My husband though, stayed before at the Grand Princess (which is kind of a worse hotel) and found the service much better. For me, the all inclusive hotels in Cancun are not worth it. You spend more time out of the hotel on the tours and don't enjoy the hotel so much. Besides, ALL the tours are foods and beverages included, so you pay for all inclusive food and drinks at the hotel but you rarely use it. Even if I did stay all days in the hotel, the food is always the same, and you get bord of it, you want to go to other restaurant, but then you already paid the all inclusive... But that is just my opinion...

Pools: Nothing to complain

The room: They have us a room with 2 queen beds. The queen bed in Brazil is much bigger then the queen bed in Cancun. It is too big for one person and it is too small for 2. So we had to sleep in separate beds in our honeymoon. We did told them we were on honeymoon. After 3 days they changed us, but didn't offer any of the ammenities some hotels do for honeymonners (like champagne, strawberries, that kind of thing). They didn't even feel bad for us sleeping in separate bads in our honeymoon (specially after we refused to become a member).

Location: Just like all the other hotels in the hotel zone. There is a bus stop just in front of the hotel which was very convenient. By bus (with no traffic) it took us 20 minutes until the city center. With traffic 40-50 minutes. Taxis in the hotel zone are more expensive then in the city center.

Internet: Charging people for USD 16 per day in hotel of this class is ridiculus in my opinion...
The membership: Not worth it at all!! I'm sorry to disagree to those who have bought it, also for my good friend who invited us, but the whole concept is just ridiculus. They make you believe you are bying the best thing of your life but in the end it is very bad. I'll explain how it works. They show you all their best partners hotels in the world you could go, they say you will never again have to pay for agencie's comission and inflation of the money blablabla. When you say ok, how much does it cost? They ask you for USD 80.000 AT SIGHT which will give you 60.000 points per year for the next 30 years. The 60.000 points seems a lot but 2 nights at Grand Park is 5.000. If you don't have USD 80.000 AT SIGHT, not to worry you can pay whenever you want, with 9% interests per year. If you don't agree they start giving you discounts, but then they reduce the quantity of years and amount of points (so it is not really a discount, right?). Oh and you can sell, donate and do whatever you want with your points. But that is a great deal, isn't it? You advance USD 80.000 to the owners so they can invest in other hotels and you get stuck with them for the rest of your life. Great!! Meaning that you'll never want to go to a different hotel because you already paid a lot of money in advance. And just in case you don't want to travel or for some reason don't want to go their hotels it is your problem to sell, exchange, donate your points, they already got your money a long time ago. But this is not exclusive for Royal Hotels, most of hotels in Cancun do it so I just wanted to warn people because they have very trainned staff which can make you buy something you may regret as we saw some couples there...

Just one more thing, I know some people love all inclusive hotels because you can drink and eat a lot. In our case it wasn't worth it. We could have stayed in a regular hotel, had dinner out every night and had a more personalized service, with less money. I think the biggest problem with those huge hotels is that they try to do a bit of everything but none of it is really great. For us a cozy and smaller hotel would have been better.

4  Thank Camiranda
Carlos D, Gerente at Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Thank you very much for taking your time to share with all of us this review. I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you had during your stay. I assure you that the circumstances you described are not typical with the high standards that we strive to provide. We have received your feedback and we are working on improvements that will allow us to meet all the expectations of our guests. Hopefully you will give us an opportunity to host you in the future

Reviewed June 6, 2014

This hotel in all my years of travelling is the worst I've ever experienced. Rude Staff are everywhere they seem to despise there guests.The manager Ronald is a was extremely rude individual. The food is bland and rooms are outdated if your going to Cancun please trust me DO NOT STAY IN THIS PLACE!!!.

6  Thank conor j
Carlos D, Gerente at Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Hi conor j,
We are sorry to hear about the inconveniences you had during your stay at Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe. Feedback from our clients helps us a lot and allows us to know better our customer needs in deep. We´ll pass this information to our management team. Thank you.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

We have a membership with Park Royal & enjoy most places we stay. We enjoyed the beach here & really liked the entertainment staff & bartenders, but the all-inclusive is too expensive for what you receive.

Room Tip: we loved being right on the beach in a villa room
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BozemanMom

Thank you very much for your review. I am very glad to read that you were satisfied by the service we provided and that you enjoyed your time here at the Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 5, 2014

My husband and I were fortunate to get a very good deal with Vacation Express and booked our May trip (over Memorial Day) in January, 2014 when it was snowing to beat the band in Pennsylvania. I never really wanted to travel to Mexico because everyone said, "Take antibiotics, don't drink the water, keep your jewelry home, etc." so that really didn't make me feel very good about my choice! However, we were pleasantly surprised by the resort, the beach, the pools, the "inclusive" style of everything - even 24 hours of room service, if we wanted it, etc. Since I came back, I have been telling everyone who would listen how much we enjoyed it and that if they ever get the chance to go to the Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe, they should go! I honestly have never seen a more beautiful beach and water than at this resort. We have been to St. Maarten and also Bermuda, and this beach was stellar. I have to say, too, that the staff was excellent. Kind and very professional. They did everything they could to please, and they were wonderful!

4  Thank BHI6471

Thank you very much for sharing your review, especially for your kind comments it's a true pleasure to know that your overall experience with us was enjoyable and met your expectations. Comments like yours motivate us constantly to do our best to maintain the quality of the service we provide and to improve every day. We are looking forward to having you as our guest again and make every effort to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

We stayed @ the Grand Park Royal for two years in a row and it has been a nice experience. It is an all inclusive which is great for a family of eight. It is safe and secure. Many people ask me if it is safe in Cancun.....and for us...it has been very safe. There have been occasions where there are drunks or people that are high on something wandering the beaches early morning so if you like to walk or jog the beach early early morning say...5 or 6 AM....be aware that a few hotels down...people are still partying. The hotel is not a "party hotel" but there are surrounding hotels that are.

Cancun beaches are incredible and the ocean is beautiful.

The food is good. There are plenty of choices....from buffet to sit-down restaurants on the premise. The food is not great....but not bad. I was hoping for more seafood selection for obvious reason. Not going to happen.

The entertainment staff is great. My kids became friends with the entertainment crew and had a ball. A lot of activities for the kids.

The negatives:
- I did not like is that their WIFI is lacking....but it was a good excuse to disconnect.
- The walkways are not smooth at all....not a big deal but good chance of tripping or ankle twist.
- elevators are slooooowwwww
- BIG NEGATIVE...no laundry facility on the resort.

Room Tip: get a ground floor room for easy access to the beach.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments and for taking the time to share your experience with all the TripAdvisor readers. It’s great to know that Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe has met your expectations in different ways. We are looking forward to having you as our guests again and make every effort to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

I went to CANCUN,MEXICO for third time my last two we stay in G.R, SOLARIS,great time,very good experience,can't complain,so this year I decided to stay in GRAN PARR ROYAL, huge mistake, we arrive MAY 28, 2014,was my daughter 20th brtday,we got there very early @ 9:30 in the morning, I always know that check in time is @ 3 pm, but before we get there I call and someone name MARIA told me that hey could give me the room earlier,about 1 pm or 1:30,when we get to the lobby was la twenty people waiting there were only two people in the lobby, so finally I get someone to talk about, I told her that I call a few days ago and Maria told me that I can get in my room earlier,so this young lady told me that no one with that name work there and I have to way,no especial treatment for no body,whit a bad attitude very rude,then I went to talk to the EXPIDIA girl and was even worse,so I call EXPIDIA and a 21 years old answer the call in EL SALVADOR, central america and I told her that I need to leave that hotel is soon is possible , we spent the night over and next day we went to G.R. SOLARIS again,I guess I going back to G.R.SOLARIS next year.oh I almost forget try to work out because there was nothing better to do and they want to charge me $8 x day,this hotel is full old and boring people.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank mcribas2014
Carlos D, Gerente at Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Thank you very much for taking your time to share with all of us this review, your feedback is very important for us and it is my regret that we were not able to meet your expectations during the time you spent with us, I truly appreciate the negative details you pointed out, I can assure you that they will be looked into so we can prevent them from happening again to our future guests. Our Reception Manager have received your feedback and we are working on improvements that will allow us to meet all the expectations of our guests. Hopefully you will give us an opportunity to host you in the future