“Preloading and comfortable”

Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe
Ranked #41 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed February 1, 2014

The hotel is clean and well run. The swimming pools are nice and the hotel beach is lovely.
The Royal Tower rooms are beautiful, the beds are very comfortable. Hotel is all inclusive, food quality in main dinning room is good. At the Italian restaurant it is excellent. the Equinox roof-top bar is an awesome place for an after dinner drink.
Only draw backs: The theme restaurants seating is limited, require reservations and fill up quickly days in advance. The main pool atmosphere is a bit busy due to all the scheduled activities the hotel provides there

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Carlos D, Gerente at Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to share your experience with future travelers. It is reviews like yours that make me believe that we are on the right path to achieve excellence. I feel very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us so much and that we were able to help make your vacation a great one. We would love to welcome you once more here at the Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe..

Write a ReviewReviews (6,940)

Reviewed January 31, 2014

The entertainment staff was AWESOME we had such a great time with them, David hezir guillen Rodriguez made our entire week great!!!! Hotel was nice, rooms are clean. The food could be better, I would give 4 stars

• Stayed: January 2014

Thank you very much, I am very glad to read that you were satisfied by the service we provided and that you enjoyed your time here at the Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 31, 2014

We spent 2 weeks in the Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe and we enjoyed every moment of it. The hotel is fabulous with amazing views, food and drink but the highlight was most definitely the entertainment team and in particular David - he made the activities during the day so much fun and he was so friendly and chatted to all the guests. Without this team my holiday would not have been half the fun it was, this hotel is very lucky to have this team and in particular David as he always ensured the guests were happy and was very interactive even helping with my spanish! As a 20 something travelling with friends to this paradise I was delighted with the service throughout the holiday and the level of entertainment was just right for the vacation! Gracias David and team!!

1  Thank Alexis C
Reviewed January 31, 2014

We spent 10 days of our honeymoon at the Grand Park Royal Hotel in January 2014 and thoroughly enjoyed our time there. I can honestly say that this is the best hotel either of us have ever stayed at.

Our room was absolutely incredible! We stayed in the Royal Tower which comes with a massive bed, Jacuzzi bath, a small private outdoor pool and an amazing shower. It is also very close to the main pool of the hotel. Royal Tower guests also have access to the Royal Tower Lounge which offers some food throughout the day. My wife and I really enjoyed going for champagne and canapés at 6pm before heading out for our evening meal. The lounge includes free Wi-Fi access and our time in the Lounge was made even more pleasant thanks to the excellent service we received from Edgar who was our host for most of the nights we spent there.

Before we left for Cancun I was worried I would maybe get a little bored just sitting by a pool all day. Not a chance with the exceptional entertainment staff the hotel had. Alex, Miguel and David were amazing! These fun outgoing lads made sure that all of the days there were packed with activities and there is something for everyone. I really enjoyed the water polo, beach volleyball, and beach football in particular. My wife did Aqua aerobics most days we were there and really enjoyed that. The entertainment staff also held ‘Mini Olympics’ and ‘Cancun Iron Man’ competitions which were not only good fun to compete in, but also fun for spectators. Entertainment runs into the evening finishing at 10 at the hotel. A member of the entertainment staff is then on hand to take guests out to the Cancun club scene if they so desire but this is obviously not included and will come at an additional cost.

The food at the hotel is also very good. There are three a la carte restaurants El Oriental (Oriental), El Mirador (Italian) and La Concha (Seafood/Mexican). We went to all three and were happy with the food although some might find the portion sizes a bit small. Most of our breakfast and dinners were spent at Café Cocay the main buffet restaurant which offers a decent variety of food to choose from. Dinners each night are themed for example International, Caribbean, Italian, Tex-mex and Mexican. All were very good but our favourite was Tex-Mex night. Lunch is also served daily at the buffet and is also very good, however we tended to use El Jardin (an outdoor station serving Burgers, Hot Dogs and Nachos) for most of our lunches. We also visited Pizza Corner more than a few times to grab a slice or two if we got hungry at any point during the day. We also used room service a couple of times during our stay which also provided decent options 24/7. There are several bars around the hotel, 2 by the pools as well as an indoor one and a rooftop one, all were good, we would especially recommend the “Miami Vice” cocktail, nice and refreshing without – in general – being OTT on the alcohol content in the heat of the day.

Overall we really enjoyed our ten days at the Grand Park Royal and would go back in heartbeat.

Room Tip: The corner rooms next to the pool in the Royal Tower rooms are the ones that have the private swimmi...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jamie P
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I travelled to this resort with some family and friends and this is probably one of the best resorts I've been to in Cancun, the staff was fantastic. the rooms were nice and clean. The staff at the pool and beach were so friendly and down to earth. David was awesome, he organized the beach volleyball. I had a great time here and would def recommend this resort to all my friends. For sure looking forward to coming back. I agree with the other reviewers about the wifi, but you really dont need it if you enjoy the company you are with.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

I just got back from Cancun and stayed at this resort and it was AMAZING! It was clean, the food was great, and the people were exceptionally nice. I would have liked a little bit more of a nightlife however me and my boyfriend still had a great time! I would def reccomend this resort and I would go back again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2014

The entertainment staff by the pool had a lot of energy to get the guests involved in activities which made it a great time for all around, David helped set up the beach volleyball. The food was good and the rest of the staff was friendly and helpful. The only downside was that wifi was not free as well there was an additional charge for the gym. In the end the weather was perfect and was an overall great experience. We plan to revisit next year!

1  Thank AlejandraBorges