My husband and I stayed at the Grand Park Royal Caribe from December 6-13, 2013 and loved it! We would definitely stay at this hotel again and recommend it to friends and family. The hotel was very clean – people cleaning everywhere all the time. Most of the staff were very friendly. The timeshare people bugged us on our first day, but after that they left us alone.
The beach was beautiful and ocean water was warm. There was a sand bar you could swim to, and always plenty of chairs. The pools were great too, one quiet pool with a swim-up bar, and one louder pool with games and activities. Just watch out for the cobblestones – can be tricky to walk on. We mostly sat by the party pool, as we absolutely loved the entertainment staff! Kenya, Caesar, Jeremy, and especially David! There was always something going on (trivia, volleyball, aerobics, etc) and even if you didn’t want to participate it was still fun to watch. Just don’t sit too close to the speakers – the music can get very loud. My husband and I won a couple games of trivia and one of our prizes was a free dinner at Senor Frogs (which is in walking distance). It rained a couple of days while we were there, but the entertainment staff brought the games inside to the lobby bar so people could still play and not be bored.
La Concha – great for breakfast! We went there quite a few times. Menu is small but very good. We ate there for lunch only once – menu is mostly fish, so if you are not a fish person this is not the place for you.
Buffet – the buffet was great for breakfast – they have pancakes, waffles, cereal, fruit, basically anything you want! The omelet station was very good. Lunch was pretty good, but not the best selection. Dinner each night had a theme, so if you don’t like Mexican or Spanish food, make sure you don’t go that night! I always found something I liked, but my husband is more picky and wasn’t really a fan of the buffet.
El Oriental – you need a reservation and need to dress up. We only went once (my husband didn’t like it).
El Mirador – was AMAZING. We ate there 3 times! Make your reservations way ahead of time, because even if you go at 9am, they would be all booked for that night. Salad bar, entrees, and desserts were all delicious!
Pizza Corner – pizza by the pool! It was pretty good if you went when they just put out a fresh one. They always had a few different varieties.
El Jardin snack bar – burgers, hot dogs and nachos by the pool. Nothing spectacular, but great if you just wanted a snack before dinner.
Coffee bar (in lobby) – ice cream was very good! Coffee was good too but I was disappointed they did not have any iced coffees. Also they advertise as having “paninis” but they looked more like the pre-made sandwiches at a gas station.
The food is the reason we did not rate this hotel with 5 stars.
We loved our hotel room. We were in the main building on the top floor and had great views of the beach and party pool. When you went out the door you had a view of the quiet pool on the other side. Our only complaints about the room were the shower (not consistent hot water and pressure) and the glass sliding door rattled when the wind blew (which is constantly) and the floor got absolutely soaked when it rained.
All in all we loved this hotel and would love to go back someday!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The most exclusive Cancun All-Inclusive experience is waiting for you! Sunny days, white-sand beaches and spectacular views of the turquoise Caribbean Sea are just a little of the many things you'll enjoy by staying at Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe. Boasting beachfront location, right in the heart of the Hotel Zone, our All-Inclusive family resort in Cancun promises an unforgettable stay in the most popular and exciting destination of the mexican Caribbean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe Hotel Cancun
- Caribe Park Royal Grand Cancun