Last year, we dated at flamingo for 5 days, 4 nights. This hotel was $50 more this year and we decided to book. The BEST extra $50 ever spent! On arrival, we were given a welcome drink! We did make the mistake of signing up for their time share meeting, which we won't do again but besides the point.... Check in was easy and seem less- 2 or 3 minutes. They explained the resort amenities and delivered out luggage to our room. We had a standard king bed room on the ground floor which we didn't want at first. We requested a higher floor but the ground floor turned out to be great. We could walk out to a huge patio, the pools, beach and restaurants!
As I mentioned the extra $50 over the flamingo- this hotel didn't have top jars everywhere, meaning tips were truly "all inclusive". However, if you do tip $5-10, you will always have a fresh drink, soda, and food. The first night, we ate at the buffet. Food was pretty good. A taco and burrito bar, pastas, fruits, a vegetarian area, chicken, beef, and pork- all on the buffet. We also went to the swim up bar in the adults only pool. BEAUTIFUL! if you want exceptional service, give them $5-10 at the start I the day. HINT: The Italian and Asian restaurant requires reservations to be made EARLY in the morning. The Italian restaurant was incredible! Beautiful views, house wine, salad bar, great menu. We had chicken Parmesan and seared salmon. Both were incredible! The dessert bar was spectacular! We never felt the need to tip, but we did so to be nice. The rooftop lounge is about the Italian place. Neat views of the lagoon, karaoke, and the decor was a nice touch. The Asian place was 2 levels with bamboo covering the walls and ceiling. Quite a sight! A koi pond, Japanese lanterns and very intimate setting. Portions were very small but awesome! The sweet and sour chicken was the best! The desserts were ok- wish there were more than 2-3 options. However, the ambiance and romance made up for that.
I can not say enough about the staff here! The entertainment staff were the nicest people I have ever met in cancun. A bunch of 20 something's that remembered our names and were very engaging. They even dressed in superhero costumes and handed out alcoholic Popsicles at the pool and beach. We did necklace making, beach Olympics, bingo, water polo and karaoke with them and had so much fun! They truly are the most fun. By the main pool, there is a pizza bar which was good. They also had a hamburger/hot dog/nacho bar that was.... Ehh-- good when you're drunk. Mojitos were delicious!
Also, while we were there, the baby turtles were hatching so we got to watch them and help release them at night into the ocean. I can honestly say I've never done that until the GPRCC!
The only negatives to this hotel is the timeshare thing and the cobblestone pathways that you can't wear heels on. The beach was top notch! No rocks, seaweed, violent waves, or people trying to sell stuff.
Would go back any time!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The most exclusive Cancun All-Inclusive experience is waiting for you! Sunny days, white-sand beaches and spectacular views of the turquoise Caribbean Sea are just a little of the many things you'll enjoy by staying at Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe. Boasting beachfront location, right in the heart of the Hotel Zone, our All-Inclusive family resort in Cancun promises an unforgettable stay in the most popular and exciting destination of the mexican Caribbean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe Hotel Cancun
- Caribe Park Royal Grand Cancun