“Even better bang for your buck! ”

Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe
Ranked #40 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
Central Missouri
“Even better bang for your buck! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

Last year, we dated at flamingo for 5 days, 4 nights. This hotel was $50 more this year and we decided to book. The BEST extra $50 ever spent! On arrival, we were given a welcome drink! We did make the mistake of signing up for their time share meeting, which we won't do again but besides the point.... Check in was easy and seem less- 2 or 3 minutes. They explained the resort amenities and delivered out luggage to our room. We had a standard king bed room on the ground floor which we didn't want at first. We requested a higher floor but the ground floor turned out to be great. We could walk out to a huge patio, the pools, beach and restaurants!

As I mentioned the extra $50 over the flamingo- this hotel didn't have top jars everywhere, meaning tips were truly "all inclusive". However, if you do tip $5-10, you will always have a fresh drink, soda, and food. The first night, we ate at the buffet. Food was pretty good. A taco and burrito bar, pastas, fruits, a vegetarian area, chicken, beef, and pork- all on the buffet. We also went to the swim up bar in the adults only pool. BEAUTIFUL! if you want exceptional service, give them $5-10 at the start I the day. HINT: The Italian and Asian restaurant requires reservations to be made EARLY in the morning. The Italian restaurant was incredible! Beautiful views, house wine, salad bar, great menu. We had chicken Parmesan and seared salmon. Both were incredible! The dessert bar was spectacular! We never felt the need to tip, but we did so to be nice. The rooftop lounge is about the Italian place. Neat views of the lagoon, karaoke, and the decor was a nice touch. The Asian place was 2 levels with bamboo covering the walls and ceiling. Quite a sight! A koi pond, Japanese lanterns and very intimate setting. Portions were very small but awesome! The sweet and sour chicken was the best! The desserts were ok- wish there were more than 2-3 options. However, the ambiance and romance made up for that.

I can not say enough about the staff here! The entertainment staff were the nicest people I have ever met in cancun. A bunch of 20 something's that remembered our names and were very engaging. They even dressed in superhero costumes and handed out alcoholic Popsicles at the pool and beach. We did necklace making, beach Olympics, bingo, water polo and karaoke with them and had so much fun! They truly are the most fun. By the main pool, there is a pizza bar which was good. They also had a hamburger/hot dog/nacho bar that was.... Ehh-- good when you're drunk. Mojitos were delicious!

Also, while we were there, the baby turtles were hatching so we got to watch them and help release them at night into the ocean. I can honestly say I've never done that until the GPRCC!

The only negatives to this hotel is the timeshare thing and the cobblestone pathways that you can't wear heels on. The beach was top notch! No rocks, seaweed, violent waves, or people trying to sell stuff.

Would go back any time!!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Chuck560217, Gerente at Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to write a such a wonderful review. I am very happy to know that you were pleased with the service of our staff, I will make sure the entertainment team gets the recognition they deserve so they can keep up the good work and future guests can leave as happy as you did. We will love to be your hosts again. Thank you for choosing the Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,123)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

magnificent beaches wonderful staff everybody's smiling trying to help you rooms were clean you watch the sunrise every morning for me Terrace
the Chinese fusion restaurants was awful but everything else was wonderful the buffet which has a different theme every nightwas excellentcan't wait to go back a week wasn't enough my only complaint is there with no services on the beach the chaise is what kept way too close to the property and if I wanted to go close to the beach I had to bring my own chase shave down but which my wife sounds difficult because they were very heavy they need more people working on the beach

Room Tip: try to get the highest score you can
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your opinion with future travelers. I can assure you that our guests' comments and suggestions are highly appreciated since we are always looking for ways to improve and provide the best possible service. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope we get to see you again soon here at the GPRCC.
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

We had a great time and can't wait to go back!
Loved out room, balcony was amazing.
Sat there every chance we had to enjoy the beautiful ocean view.
Our maid Teresa was great!!! Our room was spotless.
Roberto in the Italian restaurant - El Mirador - he was great & so was the food!
Pizza Hut - OMG the pizza was amazing!!
The Bali beds at the quiet pool are perfect for relaxing.
Francisco was our bartender the first of our trip and Roberto at the end - both very friendly!
David - activities staff was also a lot of fun & we had a blast with him - great job keeping us entertained :-)
We had a great vacation and can't wait to go back to paradise.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sherry62
I am very pleased to read that we were able to meet your expectations and that you had a good time while staying with us, I will make sure that the people you mentioned get the recognition they deserve. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with future travelers. We hope we get to see you again here at the GPRCC.
Orange, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

This hotel had the main rooms and some newly built upgraded rooms. Me and my girlfriends stayed in the main rooms because they were all booked for the upgraded rooms :(

The restaurants are hard to come by so remember to make reservations as soon as you get there. We were able to make it to one of the restaurants. Other nights we just ate at the buffet, it was pretty good. They have a really good lunch restaurant overlooking the water... its near the pool area - kind of hidden. But definitely should try that sit down restaurant.

The pool is loud and they try to have activities to engage the guests. We enjoyed just lounging out by the beach. There were not that many sun lounge chairs so we just used our towels. There also was no pool side service or beach side service. The rooms were clean and most rooms had ocean front views. There was 2 pools - one pool was nicer than the other. Try to get cabanas or day beds for the nice infinity pool. At night we tried to go to the rooftop bars - it was nice but there was no one there.. or a couple of couples. So we ended up going out to downtown cancun.. it was safe and the hotel had provided shuttle service THERE - only.

Overall a nice hotel with a good value - i would probably try checking out a different hotel though. This hotel was difficult to find when going on tours - because they would confuse the complicated name with other hotels with similar names.

Room Tip: Go to the restaurant in the middle of the MAIN pool area, that one has a great view!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Heather N
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and for taking time out of your day to share your experience on this site. I am glad you were pleased with the service we provided and that you enjoyed your stay. If you ever decided to come back we would be more than happy to welcome you once again here at the Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe.
Regina, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

Just returned from our third stay and will be returning next year!Love this hotel!Great location-walking distance to the flea market and malls on a beautiful stretch of beach.
Everyone at this hotel goes out of their way to be friendly and helpful.I was not feeling very well (as I had too much sun and did not feel like dinner) so our waiter talked to his supervisor and the yogurt that I desired,but was not out at supper,immediately showed up at our table.
Super friendly bartenders made our stay so much fun-Roberto,Jesus and Hector went above and beyond.
One of the main reasons I return to this resort is because I am a clean freak and again they did not disappoint.I have never been to a resort that is so pristine-and the staff smile while they clean!!Loved the ice cream and coffee bar.
I am not sure why people complain about this resort-I cannot think of a negative thing to say.Sure you do not get fillet and lobster at the buffet,but there is always a good selection and there was never a night where I did not enjoy the food.The Italian restaurant was great,the oriental was quite nice .
The timeshare people left us alone after a firm no when we first arrived-it is quite simple folks-don't do the presentation and then complain about it!
Miss the resort already and cannot wait to return.Lovely staff,met great people-what more could you ask for?

3 Thank KATHRYNH61
Chuck560217, Gerente at Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
It is reviews like yours that tell me we are doing a good job at making our guests happy and excited to come back to our resort. I am really glad to learn that you had such a good time all three times you have been here and that we were able to maintain the good image you had of us. I will make sure the people you mentioned get the recognition they deserve so they can keep up their good work. We will be more than happy to welcome you again next year here at Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe.
Sylvan Lake, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

My wife and I (ages 31&34) travelled to GPRCC in November/December 2013. I'm a man of few words so she's writing the review! cheers.

The good:

ROOM:
We upgraded to the Royal Tower suite with Jacuzzi. The room was excellent. Gorgeous 'rain' shower, huge king sized bed, tonnes of pillows, LCD tv, and a Jacuzzi. The room was made for romance and it was seriously worth the extra. The housekeeping service was excellent and our fridge was always stocked. This was one of the nicest rooms we've ever stayed in---A/C worked so well, we had to turn it down or freeze! Balcony and ocean view were just.....Gorgeous.

FOOD/DRINKS:
We tried all the a la cartes. The Italian was by far the most excellent. He had Tuna, she had salmon and the food was incredible, service was perfect---wine good at the table. Drinks all over the resort were quite good, if a little sweet, but that's typical of an all-inclusive. Bar-tenders were not as friendly as some we've seen in other locales, but they were fast to serve with a smile. The room-service was Terrible--- Don't bother---save your calories and have breakfast if you can wait. She ordered a bottle of Red for the room and wanted a piece of chocolate cake and what she got was NOT cake! The buffet had a great selection, and everything was kept cold or hot depending. Very clean and fresh. Our only complaint was that you couldn't bring a small piece of dessert to your room. Breakfast was great at the buffet. Café sol (?) a small snack spot in the lobby was wonderful and the young server there was a fast-friend to us! Complete sweetheart! Cappuccinos were a must. For day-trips, we picked up sandwiches in the café before we left.

BEACH:
We always got up fairly early (say, 7:30 to 8:00 ish) to save a palapa in front of our room, but really, we needn't have done this. There was always space on the beach and the chairs were all comfortable. The pool chairs facing the ocean seemed to be a hot-ticket item, but we prefer those on the actual sand---which was perfect white powder by the way. The ocean had high surf on our first two days which we loved, then settled down to a light chop for the rest of our week. We are self-entertainers and brought a football/Ringbee/fins&masks to amuse ourselves, but we also joined the beach volleyball game which was Very fun! We walked the entire length of the beach heading left to the concrete ocean break. We walked.....several miles? to the right to check out other resorts and socialize (read: seek other Canadians!) This beach is beautiful, a close second to Varadero Beach which is high praise.

the bad

CANCUN:
This is a rough town. People staggering all over, drugs, prostitution, suspect-looking people, thieves and 'tourist police' who WILL roll you for your wallet given the slightest opportunity. Seriously. While there is a big draw to go out to the clubs at night, I strongly advise against it. Cancun is dangerous after dark. My husband said there were drugs being sold in men's washrooms etc. While this has nothing to do with the GPRCC, it is a major concern. The security on the resort seemed alright--but I wouldn't trust it. We double-locked our door, okay? And used our safe for EVERYTHING. Jewelry included.

FINAL WORD:
If you are simply going to Cancun to stay on the resort and not venture out, this all-inclusive is absolutely a perfect destination for you. While we loved the GPRCC, we both agree we would never return to Cancun. The whole area is a safety risk we're not willing to take and there are plenty of other gorgeous white sand beaches to venture to which do not have safety hazards and out-right corruption. Happy&Safe Traveling!

Room Tip: The Royal Tower was marvelous. Our room was a corner suite with Jacuzzi and WELL worth the cost of u...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank EMHenshaw
It makes me very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay here at the Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe. Our main goal is to make our guests feel as welcome and satisfied as possible, and reviews like yours let us know that we are on the right path. Thank you for choosing to stay with us.
New Prague, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

We tried very hard to not let the screaming children at the adult pool wreck our experience, but after day number three, we had enough. These are the things that we witnessed at the "peaceful" adult pool: a child face down and screaming in a fountain (within landscaping), bare bottoms, kids walking within landscaping areas (signs posted to stay out), kids sitting at and on the swim-up bar, squirt guns, and water wings. The final straw for us was when a family of 4 camped out on one of the Bali beds. And, a manager came out to discuss a dispute between that family and a young pregnant couple and even though we are not sure what the dispute was about we can tell you that the young couple was asked to leave and the family with kids stayed. The manager might have been addressing something different but he still never said a word to them about the kids being there. We actually called the front desk to talk to a manager about the kids at the pool. The response from the front desk employee was "ok, we will see if he does anything about it." Well, he didn't. This was around noon. Then, around 4pm we went to talk to the manager face to face about it. He blamed it on corporate and said maybe they would put up a sign. He also said he would go to the pool and ask them to leave. He never followed through on that; the family were still hanging by the pool and on the beds at 7pm when we walked to dinner.

We were prepared to give a "5" rating to all aspects of this hotel, but after witnessing these things and managements failure to enforce their own policies we just couldn't. We believe now that the other reviews that stated this resort caters to Spanish speaking families is true. We are non-Spanish speaking and the couple that was asked to leave was also non-Spanish speaking. This is not a language barrier issue; most of the staff communicated fine in English. Be aware if you are not Spanish speaking you will not get the benefit of the doubt if issues arise. And if you are, you will apparently will not be required to follow the resort policies.

And from looking at past management responses on TA, a generic "sorry, we didn't meet your needs and hope you will give us another chance" is not acceptable.

Some might think this is "not a big deal", but to us it's about setting expectations and management following through appropriately and fairly to all of its hotel guests.

We will be letting Apple Vacations know as well, that they should not be promoting "adult only areas", when that's simply not accurate.

We want to say "thanks" to Edgar for his exceptional service at the Royal Tower lounge; he was great!

Room Tip: Royal Tower upgrade is worth it but avoid the first level rooms there.
8 Thank Tree_and_Me
Carlos D, Gerente at Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
I would like to express my gratitude for the time you have taken to share this review and the valuable comments you’ve provided in it. We are sorry to hear about the inconveniences you had during your stay at Grand Park Royal Cancún Caribe. Feedback such as yours helps us to improve the quality of our services and also understand our guest needs. If you want to share more information with us feel free to contact us at BLANK MAIL Thank you