“5* Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #40 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
Cottesmore,United Kingdom
“5* Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Just had a week here and absolutely loved it, the food was outstanding as was the service, the location is simply beautiful, the sun sand and sea looked like paradise. The pools and bars were great as were the Italian and Oriental restaurants.

Our final night was made unforgettable by the special farewell dinner in the sea food restaurant, we will recommend to all our friends and will return next year.

Would not look at any other hotel in Cancun, simply outstanding.

Room Tip: All great.
1 Thank Andyd2360
Chuck560217, Gerente at Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
I am very happy to learn that you left with such a good impression of our hotel, we would love to see you once more in the near future. Thank you for sharing your opinión on this site.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,104)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Niskayuna, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

This was one of the best vacations I have ever had in Cancun. My family and I have been coming back year after year to Mexico and the Grand Caribe was paradise. All of the kids in our family are in our twenties and brought friends. We had an amazing time. Beautiful, beautiful, beach with comfortable chairs and wooden covers for shade. The infinity pool with the swim up bar was perfect. Cabanas and outdoor couches lined the area. There was also an activity pool that was much larger which was where all the action was. Trivia, water polo, fashion shows, and dart competitions were just some of the fun things to do around this pool. The entertainment staff (Cesar, Diego, David, Miguel, and Carlos) were some of the most fun and friendly people I have ever met in Mexico! They knew us by our names the entire trip and we could tell they genuinely liked seeing us around the resort. Needless to say, we participated in almost every activity. My favorite part of the entire trip was releasing the endangered baby turtles into the ocean with Carlos. About 20 guests got to pick up two baby turtles, name them, and release them into the ocean. It was one of the coolest things I have ever done.

As far as bars go, there was an awesome roof top bar that we went to almost every night. The lobby bar always had something to do. And there were two pool bars. We went out Senor Frogs one night, but missed our good friends at the resort.

The food was amazing. There was an Italian and Oriental restaurant that had many options. So even though there were only two formal restaurants, the menu was so extensive you never had to get the same thing twice (maybe just if you really liked it)! The buffet was also delicious. I loved going every morning to have a fresh omelette made. Staff was so professional and friendly and made me feel very welcome everywhere I went.

Our room was right on the beach and over looked the ocean about 100 yards away. Rooms were beautiful with tile everything and they were immaculately cleaned when we arrived from the beach later in the afternoon. The Grand Caribe is a must-stay!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for sharing your experience. I am truly glad to know that we were able to meet your expectations and that you had such a good time with us; we work really hard to provide the best possible service and to read such wonderful reviews as yours gives us motivation to keep striving for excellence. We hope to welcome you once more on your next trip to Cancun.
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

We always enjoy our spring trips down south during Canadian winter. This is a nice hotel, the pools were big and beach was also great. Housekeeping staff did a really good job cleaning our room and the food was good as well. I would recommend this hotel to people that are going to Cancun

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and would like to invite you to stay with us again on your next visit to Cancun. Thank you for sharing your opinión.
Stamford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

This hotel has it all. Location is amazing because all of the restaurants/clubs are walking distance. The pools at this hotel are lovely and the beach is gorgeous with tons of room. When I checked in there was an issue with my reservation and the travel company I used so my fiance and I wanted to just cancel at that point and were about to leave. The manager from behind the desk came over and offered us one of the nicest suites in the hotel because of the inconvenience even though it was not the hotels fault. The room was beautiful. I have stayed at this hotel several times and I am always impressed with how clean the rooms are. I have never woke up with any bites from anything nor have I or anyone I traveled with got sick from the food. The staff is always polite and attentive and there is plenty of activity but if that is not what you are looking for there is plenty of relaxing areas. Out of everywhere I have stayed, this hotel has it all.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
I am very glad to read that you enjoyed your vacation and that you had a good time with us. Thank you for sharing your experience, we look forward to seeing you once more here at the GPRCC.
Aurora, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

For people who do not want to read all review – this is the hotel for family with kids. Make sure you get beach front room and bring cash to go out to the club, because there is no nightlife in the hotel besides 2 lounges, which close at 1 am.

We originally got main tower room on the 6th floor. Room definitely needs an upgrade. Furniture is old, TV is old, and shower is old, small, dark and falling apart. Water changes the temperature from cold to hot couple of times, while you take a shower. Bed is hard as rock, it was ok for me, but my husband was not able to sleep. Hotel does not have mattress toppers, so we requested the blanket. Pillows are lumpy and small. Balcony is small, but ok. Also walls are paper-thin and we were able to hear our neighbors who liked to sing operas.

At the first night we had a flood right under the dresser. We complained. Bunch of the people came to check where the water came from, because there were no trace from balcony door or anywhere else. We assume it came from our neighbors’ shower. We were promised to be moved to the different room (Royal tower) by manager Navarro next day. Long story short, we were not moved, because all the sudden they did not have anything available. We were told to comeback next day and talk to Isela, and that he will pass the information to move us for sure. When I came to talk to her, she had no idea about the move and refused to do it. I got really upset and walk away. Later on we got a call and got moved to Royal tower. We cannot be more appreciative of the hard work and understanding of Isela and Navarro to make things right for us. It definitely gave us completely different feel of the hotel and improved our vacation time at the hotel.

The Royal tower is completely upgraded, spacious, with the beautiful view of the beach. Nice bed, soft mattress, big pillows, rainfall shower, large patio. You still can hear neighbors, but it is not as bad as it was in old tower. It has a nice lounge with great snacks and good alcohol. It is a mast to drop by there. For those who stay at the tower lounge offers free Wi-Fi.

Now about hotel itself: ground is beautiful and well-taken care. There are 2 restaurants – Oriental and Italian, which open only for dinner, buffet (open for breakfast, lunch and dinner) and little café (open for breakfast and lunch). Also hotel has snack bar and pizza corner. Buffet – food is ok, staff amazing, overall we liked it. Oriental – was our favorite place. Food was delicious; service was just unbelievable. Italian – again, service was great, but food was not so great. It is buffet style appetizers and deserts. My husband’s calzone was undercooked, risotto was decent (a little dry for my taste), lasagna – nothing spectacular. Overall we did not like it at all. Pizza corner was great; I loved freshly backed pizza. We did not try the café or snack bar.

Pools: there are 2 pools. One is big pool right next to the buffet; there are some entertainment in the pool and music. We were not crazy about it. Another one has a swim-up bar. We liked it: it has beautiful view on the sea, but it is always busy. Overall we enjoyed hanging out at that pool.

Lounges: both of the lounges are ok. The outside lounge is fine. It is nice during night. It has an ok service. Bartender is not that great, he is rude and has a tendency to close earlier. The inside lounge is really busy, it is hard to get place to sit and you have to grab your own drinks.

Beach is beautiful, but there is no bar on the beach, so you have to walk to the pool bar for any beverages. There is also not enough shade.

Make sure you out do not disturb sign on the door if you do not want to be woken up by the housekeeping. Also ask to get more water to the fridge; you will need it. There is no nightlife, be prepared to spend extra money to go out to the club (at least $35 per person) plus cost of the taxi. BTW, make sure that you are settling the price before you get in the car. Also, when coming back to the hotel, just walk a minute down from the club to get taxi 3 times cheaper.

Hotel is close to all the major restaurants and clubs (10-15 minutes walk). It is also a bus stop right next to the hotel. It cost $1 to get to the mall and all the other places. I would recommend a rental car to anyone who wants to get to ruins and other places.

Make sure (if you stay from May to August) you participate in turtle release at 9 pm at the beach, also hunt mama turtles at night (around midnight). Please, do not use flash photography and do not come to close to the mama-turtle, it might scare her and she will not lay eggs.

Pros: staff, oriental restaurant, beach, royal tower lounge, great managers, who truly care about their clients, pool, free safe, turtles.
Cons: extra charge for Internet, Italian restaurant, lack of nightlife.

Overall it was ok place to stay for the vacation, but we definitely will most likely go to the different hotel.

Room Tip: god with beachfront rooms at royal tower
2 Thank Anna H
First of all I would like to thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review on this site. We will look into the suggestions you have made in order to improve and provide the best posible service. I apologize if any inconveniences weren't addressed right away but I am glad you enjoyed the later room where you were accommodated. We hope we get to see you again here at the GPRCC.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

My wife and I have just returned from vacation at this fantastic hotel, everything about it was great. We had a beach front room which was literally right on the beach, and very quiet. The food in the main buffet was very good considering it was all inclusive and all alcoholic drinks were international and not just local. The two other main restaurants were great, in particular El Mirador the Italian. All over the hotel, including the room was incredibly clean and everywhere seemed to continuously being tidied. All staff throughout the hotel were fantastic, especially the entertainment team. They all worked so hard and were great fun. In particular Miguel, he made a point of chatting to us every time we saw him, was always lively and cheery and was great at keeping me up to date with the soccer scores!! Overall the experience at the hotel was brilliant and we would definitely stay again!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
I am very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. Thank you for choosing the GPRCC as your final destination, we hope we can welcome you once again in the near future.
Halifax, Massachusetts, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Grand Park Grand Caribe last December with 3 other couples. Form the start, was awesome-showed up, had a drink and a warm welcome within minutes of arrival.Room was not ready, stored luggage, had a great lunch at buffet. Checked into room, no issues, super clean, killer view. 15 minutes later at adult poo area, the bartenders knew all of us. Their service was amazing and they bent over backwards to help serve us and make us welcome.

We ate at all 3 restaurants and over the all. Again, impeccable attentive service. Bars were great, we were welcomed and felt like family. The each is incredible.spacious, wide open and can get all the sun you want hang out under the "tiki hut" spots in the beach.Even dug up our own conch shells right on the beach.

I can not say enough good things about this resort. Having been to Cancun and Riviera Maya many times, this place rocks! Going back in 3 months with 3 other couples..... Never even looked at another resort.. No need to.

I just hope that Grand Park Royal Caribe recognizes how much we love this resort and how much it means to me to have a great room when I come back on 11/30 with my wife for our anniversary. I look forward to another awesome vacation in Cancun!!

Stayed December 2012
Chuck560217, Gerente at Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you very much for your great review. I am very happy to learn that you had such a good time with us and that you enjoy our hotel so much. We look forward to seeing you again in November,