“Excellent service!”

Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe
Ranked #40 of 180 Hotels in Cancun
“Excellent service!”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Grand Royal Caribe is an excellent resort. I enjoyed the excellent service and great food. I especially enjoyed the poolside activities and the fun programs coordinated by Miguel,he was so full of life and very kind. I definitely will be returning.

• Stayed July 2013
Chuck560217, Gerente at Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay here at GPRCC. Thank you for sharing your opinion and we hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,136)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Morgantown, West Virginia
Reviewed August 15, 2013

My BFF and I decided to jump on the Groupon train and try one for this all inclusive hotel. It was my first time at an all inclusive so I had no idea what to expect. This place was perfect. Small enough that I didn't feel overwhelmed, but big enough that they had tourist advisors, bars, restaurants and activities.

We stayed 8 days and every day was great. My favorite food was the buffets, I'm easy to please and they always had variety. The oriental restaurant was meh...and the italian was good. But hands down, I loved me some buffet.

There are 2 pools, one that was more a family pool and a smaller one that was more adult. We could always find a seat. They have cabanas on the beach and around the pool as well. As long as you are willing to wake up a bit early you can get a cabana.

Sylvia at the tourist desk was a gem! She helped out and found us a great affordable day trip to take.

Lucio at the lounge made us our own drink and really made our stay memorable.

Highly recommend this hotel. Great food, service, friendly staff, amazing location. Well worth it. Can't wait to go back

Room Tip: We had a beachfront room. Basic room, with an AMAZING shower.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your wonderful review. I am happy to learn that we were able to exceed your expectations and provide you with the good service your deserve. We would be delighted to welcome you once more here at GPRCC.
Ciudad de México, Distrito Federal, Mexico
Reviewed August 14, 2013

The best All Inclusive Hotel I've ever been... The weather, the hotel, the food, the party, everything! In special, the entertainment team does an excellent job (Monique, Carlos & Miguel). If you want to have a great time, don't hesitate to enjoy this magnificent hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for "Las Villas", the beach is in front of you!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Thank you very much for sharing your opinion on this site. I am pleased to know that we were able to meet youtr expectations and that you enjoyed yourself on your vacation. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Cancun.
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Everything was great. Food and service perfect. Otel is so clean and Comfortable. We enjoyed animation. Location very good so close the downtown. And special thanks to Animator Miguel and Rocio from front desk:) they r so nice.

• Stayed July 2013
Chuck560217, Gerente at Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for sharing your opinion. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We would love to have you with us again on your next trip to Cancun.
Charlotte
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This was the best trip ever....

Best Staff Ever (in no particular order)
Javier (Roof Top Bar)
Ulysses (Hotel Concierge/Best Day)
Miguel (Activities)
Francisco (Pool Bar)
Snack Bar Guy (best snack food ever)
The Secret Behind the Scenes Room Service Staff (All Hours)

I know I am leaving out so many wonderful and awesome staff, but its so hard to mention everyone, and I left you out I am so sorry. But.....

Worst Staff Ever (There is no order, there was only one)
Paty (Time share, see the name and run, and fast)

She was SCARY!!! And for 90 minutes of my time, I don't think a free T-Shirt and free Wi-Fi codes was worth it. We picked up a signal anyway. We had to avoid her like the plague. We learned ways around the lobby to avoid her. The view was awesome, the place was super clean, everyone was real nice. BY FAR THE ROOF TOP BAR WAS THE BEST (You can see the sunset over the lagoon from there, go eat dinner, and then come back to hang out). The temperature was perfect, NO BUGS, and it was the best place to be at night. It was a great view, great music, and service. No matter the country, race, age, etc. everyone, everywhere, anytime, the people were the best and became family instantly. Learning about other cultures, and leaving the resort was a definite learning experience. Why can't the whole world be like that?

Oh and did I mention, IT WAS BEAUTIFUL???? THE BEACH, THE POOL, THE RESTUARANTS, THE POPERTY, THE PEOPLE (from guests to staff), and the rooms. Pure paradise. I would live there forever in a heartbeat if I could!!!! Would go back in a second and I already miss my new friends and family. And seeing the giant sea turtles laying eggs on the beach and then the hotel would give freshly hatched turtles and let us release them in the ocean was a totally cool experience. Too much good to say, except for Paty.

Room Tip: If in main tower, stay on a higher floor. If in the Royal Towers, there is no bad room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for taking time out of your day to share your experience on this site. I am very pleased to learn that you had such a good experience while staying with us and that you enjoyed yourselves. We would be more than happy to welcome you once more on your next visit to Cancun.
Olive Branch, Mississippi
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This was my fourth trip to Mexico and my second to Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe. I stayed here two years ago and loved everything about it and did not hesitate to book here again. I will not return for a third trip. First, let me say how great the people at Grayline are though. I booked through Orbitz and they handle shuttle to and from the hotel. Those guys are great! Really on the ball to make you feel welcome and important. The mood changed quickly once we reached the hotel. There was no welcome, no one even opened the door. However, there were plenty of timeshare reps wanting to talk to me. The front desk personnel seemed to be very bothered by our presence and sometimes just ignored guests. There was a wait to check in and the lobby is not air conditioned. No refreshments were offered. Once we got in the room I was disappointed to find there was not a ceiling fan like in the pictures. The a/c worked good but room service left the blinds open so the room was very hot. Once I closed them it did eventually cool down. The safe was locked and it took me calling the desk three times for them to send someone to unlock it. The Shower, the horrible shower. The shower drained very slow and by the time you were done the bath tub was full. The water temperature fluctuated from ice cold to scolding hot. Called about this multiple times but no one ever came. Room service was great and always got the orders delivered quickly and correctly. The room has a sliding door to the balcony that whistled when the wind blew. Only way to make it shut up was to sleep with the door open which made the room very hot. Now the pools, we never got in the big pool because of the screaming, splashing kids. I didn't think this would be a problem because I was under the impression the smaller pool with the swim up bar was for adults. However, there are screaming, crying, splashing children allowed in this pool also. The pool itself is nice and has a great view. Like so many other reviewers have stated you have to get up early to "reserve" a bali bed or chairs with shade. It is posted that this is against hotel policy but they do not enforce it. The only day we got a bed was when I drug myself out of bed at 6:45 to snag the last one. The food is pretty good. Some is better than others. I really liked having the pizza and snack bars available to eat while we were at the pool. The drinks are really good, name brand liquors and they are not stingy with it. The wait staff at the restaurants are very nice. Special shout out to Alejandro at the Italian restaurant. He did not just take orders, he tried to make sure we enjoyed our time there. The beach is good, very clean and nice waves. The biggest problems I think the hotel has is they need to make the small pool adults only and the front desk staff needs an attitude adjustment.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Miguel8704
Chuck560217, Gerente at Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
We highly appreciate your opinion, at Park Royal Hotels we take our guests' comments very seriously and try to improve on a daily basis to provide the best possible service. I am sorry we couldn't quite meet your expectations, we work hard to try to make as many people as possible feel like home and will continue to do so in the future.
Highland Park, New Jersey
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed here from August 6th-11th. Overall, it was a great trip and we would recommend the resort.

Pros:
- As many other reviewers have said, all of the rooms have an ocean view and the pools and beach were both gorgeous. Although we were in a garden view room on the first floor (we couldn't get an upgrade since we booked through Expedia), we enjoyed the easy access we had to both pools.
- The pools and bars were never too crowded. Although you had to wait sometimes for a poolside bed, there were an abundance of chairs around the pool and on the beach.
- Food was great. There are no exclusive restaurants that require you to pay extra, so we were able to try all of the different options and enjoyed everything. The buffet includes a large variety and different themes every night to keep things interesting. The Cafe near the lobby makes excellent cappuccinos and serves delicious gelato. You can also grab sandwiches there that are prepackaged and great for the plane ride back.
- The views from the rooftop bar are gorgeous.
- The location is great -- if you walk out the front and to the left, you will hit several malls, and if you go to the right, you will hit the clubs. We went with the hotel to CoCo Bongo on Friday night and felt safe walking home (it only took about 10-15 minutes to get home). However, we didn't really have much need to leave the resort.
- Most of the staff were excellent. As others have said, the entertainment staff offer options and games without being too pushy. They do a really, really great job of making everyone of all ages feel included and also give out small prizes (aka t-shirts) to winners of the games. Carlos was especially great and personable. He really went out of his way to make us feel welcome and it was impressive that he remembered everyone's names! Our favorite server was Roberto - we only met him on our second to last night, but he was a pleasure to talk to and his service was excellent.
- The variety and quality of drinks at the bar were great. Jesus was our first bartender, and he made the specialty drinks they offer very well. The Mojitos and frozen drinks are also great!
- This is a great place for couples and families. There were people of all ages and from all different parts of the world at the resort.

Cons:
- Our room was not ready when we first arrived, which was understandable since we got there around noon and check-in is at 3pm; however, they told us twice to come back in a half hour and then the room wasn't ready until around 4pm. We were able to go to the bars, buffet, and pool while we waited, but it would have been nice to settle in earlier in the day.
- Room service was a little slow - it took 40-50 minutes for the food each time we ordered and they were out of waffles one morning. This was disappointing since we had a morning excursion one day that prevented us from being able to get breakfast at any of the restaurants.
- The water in the shower tended to go between hot and cold if you showered around dinner time, but it wasn't too bad.
- There wasn't all too much nighttime entertainment at the hotel. They had a nighttime activity every night around 8:30 and we enjoyed trivia night and karaoke (like we mentioned, the entertainment staff made these events fun), but they usually ended relatively early and there were no shows or anything. However, they do offer one way transport and open bar service at a different nightclub every night (for a fee) and we took advantage of one of these trips, but it's hard to say whether you'd be better off going on your own. We went with the hotel simply because we felt more comfortable and it was convenient, but we would probably consider going on our own if we go back to Cancun.
- Having to pay extra for internet and gym access at an all-inclusive resort is a disappointment. Although we knew this was the case going into the trip, it is definitely something we wish the resort would reconsider. While we don't intend to spend our vacation checking email, it would have been nice to be able to log in even one day for free just to be able to tell our families we made it there safe, and wifi in the lobby would have been sufficient. As someone said below, this is probably a selling point for the timeshare folks... (On another note, I did attend a free yoga class and it was nice -- the instructor was kind enough to hold the class for me even though I was the only one who showed up. The room was very nice that it was held in but it was a little distracting that you can hear the music from the main gym area. With that said, although I love working out, I didn't really care to wok out while we were there -- our daily excursions and walks on the beach kept me active enough!)

Other notes for travelers:
- The weather was great and I would definitely go back at this time of year. Although it was humid, the sun was out every day while we were there (we only had rain two mornings and it never lasted more than an hour or so). The temperature of the ocean was perfect and the water was pretty calm throughout our trip.
- We went for 5 nights and 6 days and although I was sad to leave this paradise, it was a good amount of time for a trip and we were able to do everything we wanted to do.
- The ATM fees are pretty high there so while you don't need to bring cash with you, we would recommend taking out all of your money at one time instead of going back to the ATM several times over the course of your trip. It is also helpful to carry some singles since you will probably be tempted to tip throughout the course of your trip (bartenders, shuttle drivers, etc.).

Room Tip: We had a garden view room and enjoyed the easy access we had to both pools!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MeganDonn
Chuck560217, Gerente at Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
First I would like to thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review; I can assure you that all of our guests' comments and suggestions are taken into consideration since we are always looking for ways to improve and provide the best possible service. On that note I am glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had a good time on your vacation. I would like to invite you to consider us again for your next trip to Cancun for we would be more than happy to welcome you once more.