We stayed here from August 6th-11th. Overall, it was a great trip and we would recommend the resort.
- As many other reviewers have said, all of the rooms have an ocean view and the pools and beach were both gorgeous. Although we were in a garden view room on the first floor (we couldn't get an upgrade since we booked through Expedia), we enjoyed the easy access we had to both pools.
- The pools and bars were never too crowded. Although you had to wait sometimes for a poolside bed, there were an abundance of chairs around the pool and on the beach.
- Food was great. There are no exclusive restaurants that require you to pay extra, so we were able to try all of the different options and enjoyed everything. The buffet includes a large variety and different themes every night to keep things interesting. The Cafe near the lobby makes excellent cappuccinos and serves delicious gelato. You can also grab sandwiches there that are prepackaged and great for the plane ride back.
- The views from the rooftop bar are gorgeous.
- The location is great -- if you walk out the front and to the left, you will hit several malls, and if you go to the right, you will hit the clubs. We went with the hotel to CoCo Bongo on Friday night and felt safe walking home (it only took about 10-15 minutes to get home). However, we didn't really have much need to leave the resort.
- Most of the staff were excellent. As others have said, the entertainment staff offer options and games without being too pushy. They do a really, really great job of making everyone of all ages feel included and also give out small prizes (aka t-shirts) to winners of the games. Carlos was especially great and personable. He really went out of his way to make us feel welcome and it was impressive that he remembered everyone's names! Our favorite server was Roberto - we only met him on our second to last night, but he was a pleasure to talk to and his service was excellent.
- The variety and quality of drinks at the bar were great. Jesus was our first bartender, and he made the specialty drinks they offer very well. The Mojitos and frozen drinks are also great!
- This is a great place for couples and families. There were people of all ages and from all different parts of the world at the resort.
- Our room was not ready when we first arrived, which was understandable since we got there around noon and check-in is at 3pm; however, they told us twice to come back in a half hour and then the room wasn't ready until around 4pm. We were able to go to the bars, buffet, and pool while we waited, but it would have been nice to settle in earlier in the day.
- Room service was a little slow - it took 40-50 minutes for the food each time we ordered and they were out of waffles one morning. This was disappointing since we had a morning excursion one day that prevented us from being able to get breakfast at any of the restaurants.
- The water in the shower tended to go between hot and cold if you showered around dinner time, but it wasn't too bad.
- There wasn't all too much nighttime entertainment at the hotel. They had a nighttime activity every night around 8:30 and we enjoyed trivia night and karaoke (like we mentioned, the entertainment staff made these events fun), but they usually ended relatively early and there were no shows or anything. However, they do offer one way transport and open bar service at a different nightclub every night (for a fee) and we took advantage of one of these trips, but it's hard to say whether you'd be better off going on your own. We went with the hotel simply because we felt more comfortable and it was convenient, but we would probably consider going on our own if we go back to Cancun.
- Having to pay extra for internet and gym access at an all-inclusive resort is a disappointment. Although we knew this was the case going into the trip, it is definitely something we wish the resort would reconsider. While we don't intend to spend our vacation checking email, it would have been nice to be able to log in even one day for free just to be able to tell our families we made it there safe, and wifi in the lobby would have been sufficient. As someone said below, this is probably a selling point for the timeshare folks... (On another note, I did attend a free yoga class and it was nice -- the instructor was kind enough to hold the class for me even though I was the only one who showed up. The room was very nice that it was held in but it was a little distracting that you can hear the music from the main gym area. With that said, although I love working out, I didn't really care to wok out while we were there -- our daily excursions and walks on the beach kept me active enough!)
Other notes for travelers:
- The weather was great and I would definitely go back at this time of year. Although it was humid, the sun was out every day while we were there (we only had rain two mornings and it never lasted more than an hour or so). The temperature of the ocean was perfect and the water was pretty calm throughout our trip.
- We went for 5 nights and 6 days and although I was sad to leave this paradise, it was a good amount of time for a trip and we were able to do everything we wanted to do.
- The ATM fees are pretty high there so while you don't need to bring cash with you, we would recommend taking out all of your money at one time instead of going back to the ATM several times over the course of your trip. It is also helpful to carry some singles since you will probably be tempted to tip throughout the course of your trip (bartenders, shuttle drivers, etc.).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe is an exclusive resort that stands out for its personalized service and vast gastronomy that will delight you with Mexican, Italian and Asian specialties. Admire spectacular turquoise shades on its extensive fine white sand beach. Let your senses be enchanted by amazing sunsets and the best view of the Nichupté Lagoon, while refreshing with a sophisticated cocktail in the Ekinox Lounge Bar. The fun is guaranteed thanks to our activities program and nightly shows for all the family! Live the Grand Park Royal experience in Cancun! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe Hotel Cancun
- Caribe Park Royal Grand Cancun