“My stay at grand park royal” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe

Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe
Ranked #41 of 180 Hotels in Cancun
“My stay at grand park royal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I went there in January and I just loved that place. Is wonderful, very comfortable and the pools are great!!! Besides the privacy beach is awesome, all the bedrooms face the ocean, was a great stay, we're planning to go back!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Nathalia M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,005)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Just returned from an amazing holiday at the Grand Park Royal and I cannot speak highly enough about all the staff here. They really made our holiday with their incredible service and constantly smiling faces, they genuinely love what they do. A particular mention to the following: Monique ( Yoga teacher) This lady is na real star and is amazing at her job! Rocio( front desk) so kindtap. All the waiters ( Italian Restaurant) brilliant waiters. We packed so much into our holiday and loved all the trips, particularly Xcaret, Xelh, Tulum and Chichen Itza( where we got the opportunity to swim with the amazing dolphins !!) Cannot wait to go back, best family holiday ever, we all had so much fun.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Raymond G
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

My husband and his brother purchased this trip for my sister-in-law and I to get away on our own(so nice of them :) This was my first time in Cancun and I was worried after reading some of the reviews. But, from the moment we checked in until we left everything was perfect. Our reservations listed a "garden view" but when we asked if we could be upgraded to an ocean view they put us in one of the towers, our room and view were awesome! We were approached by a sales person for time shares just after check-in but after we told them we weren't traveling with our husbands they left us alone. The resort was very clean, and the beaches were picture perfect. The food was amazing - especially the buffet. We had Higinio as our waiter the first night and asked for him every night after that - what a sweetheart! The Italian Restaurant was great, and the Oriental restaurant was just OK. The bars were great and Jesus, our favorite bartender, took great care of us! I would recommend taking your own plastic cup with a lid and straw - it makes it a lot easier than the Styrofoam cups they give you otherwise. The entertainment staff was a blast, especially Miguel and Diego! The only downside is the lack of nightly entertainment at the hotel that lasts beyond 10:00pm. Plenty of nightlife outside the resort if you are willing to spend the extra money. We were leery about going outside for shopping because we were just two women traveling alone but I felt very safe.We easily caught the bus right outside our hotel and went to Wal-Mart and the market. Overall, I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND this resort!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

we just got back from Cancun, and we truly enjoyed our stay at GPRCC!!!The staff is wonderful, very nice and friendly, great food and drinks. We specially enjoyed the service of Monique at the main Pool, excellent service she was friendly all the time we enjoy the cooking lessons and all the games everyday !! The beach was beautiful. Seating in the shade on the beach is limited but we found a place every day. We will come back for sure.

• Stayed May 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

my husband and I went to this hotel for our second visit, it is one of the best locations on the hotel zone, the beach is amazing. We always go just after the spring break, which is just right. The staff are very good, exceptional and go out of their way to help. Monique from pool staff, we found most helpful, in all ways to information and she was our yoga instructor 2 times!!! We spent most of the day on the wonderful beach, the bar service was great, expecially roberto and his special shots!!!!
No mosquitos either in this area , went to riviera maya last year got eaten alive!!!! so prefer this area without a doubt.

• Stayed May 2013
Springfield, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

We stayed at the Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe for 5 days in early May. We had pre-paid for the all-inclusive experience. Previous reviews had warned of the "not a time share" sales pitch for what was definitely a time share sales pitch. It's thinly disguised as a Welcome Package, and they hit you up the moment you step in the door. And they keep hitting you up for several days. The sales staff are located by the front door and the elevators. They also do not hesitate to call your room and shove reminders under your door. I know these scenarios are very common all over in resorts in the area, but the folks here are particularly relentless.

Other than that, it was a really good experience. They were a couple of power outages, but I know those are fairly common in Cancun from time to time. The rooms and entire premises were sparkling clean, as was the beach area and pools. The drinks were plentiful, and the food was quite tasty. The buffet was ample and varied. The Italian restaurant in particular was also excellent. The Asian restaurant was not as good in my opinion - if you were very hungry, you'd need to order one of every item on the menu to get filled up. The food and presentation there, however, were both very nice.

If you can tune out the sales people, I think you'll really enjoy this property. It's a good value for the money. It's also on a city bus line, so it's just minutes (and a few pesos or $1) away from downtown Cancun. You really should take a couple of hours and see the old area and the market (Market 28).

Room Tip: We paid a little extra for an ocean view, and it was great. We were able to sit in shade on our bal...
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I as well stayed with the same group of friends as Casey F below of 34 people (May 15th to 19th) . I had a blast!
The resort is VERY clean and beautiful. Someone is always cleaning the area around the pools, restaurants, bathrooms, ect.
The food is fantastic. There are 2 main restaurants that you can make reservations for. I only tried the Asian one because I was obsessed with the Buffett. The buffet has a different theme every night. My favorite was the Italian night. The Fettuccini was great. On top of it the waiters were always pleasant and worked hard to keep your drinks filled and area clean. Shout out to Gregio :) La Concha is open only for breakfast and lunch. The food is basically all seafood and my least favorite place to eat. I had the fish Quesadilla. The view of the ocean and pool is awesome. Oh and room service is yummy. I loved the cheeseburgers and veggie plate.
Three of my favorite spots to get drinks were the rooftop bar at night, the hut by the activities pool, the swim up bar in the infinity pool (shout out to Roberto who made most of my drinks), and the main bar inside next to the Asian restaurant. I had so many different types of beverages on my trip. My favorite was the Vodka Bay breeze. I do wish they had more options of beers. TIP: Get the ice in your drinks blended. It’s like drinking a tropical smoothie and they stay cold longer.
There was not too much going on at night. They did different things such as Karaoke on some nights. The only down side to this was that they stopped doing it early. There wasn’t a lot going on at the roof top bar as well. Being with 34 people made it a blast, but I am not sure how I would have felt if I was only with a small group of people. Either way it was nice. It all depends on how much you care about night life on your vacations.
Some tips to end my review:
Get a room high enough to get a great view of the ocean
If the hot tub stops making bubbles…push the green button on the wall next to it! :)
Do not lose your bracelet. You will have this your whole trip, but if its lost it will cost you 75 bucks. If it falls off and you still have it, they are more than happy to put a new one on free of charge.
Don’t even look at the timeshare people if you are not interested. I did this and they didn’t really bother me ever.
Don’t lose your towel! They give you a card to get a new towel whenever you need one. They take the card and you must bring a towel back to get your card. If not it is 25 dollars.
Keep anything of value in the safe. A friend had their pair of gold earring stolen when left out on the counter.
Bring music to the infinity pool as they do not have any.

I loved this place and would definitely come back!!!!

• 3 of 5 stars