“Great vacation resort” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #42 of 182 Hotels in Cancun
Apple Valley, Minnesota, United States
“Great vacation resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I had a great time in cancan at park royal grand hotel. It is a very nice, family friendly resort. The staff is incredible. I had a great time on the beach walk with Miguel tapia. And Diego solis is a great activities coordinator. Overall I greatly recommend this resort.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Chuck560217, General Manager at Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you very much for having taken the time to white a review of your most recent experience at GPRCC. We apreciate that you took the time to share with tons of travelers.We are thrilled to read about your amazing experience. I am truly happy that you got to enjoy each and every one of your vacations days. I assure that Diego Solis and Miguel Tapia from the pool staff will be congratulated for the excellent service provided during your stay. We truly hope to have the opportunity to serve you again on a next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (980)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed here in april with my best friend on a 7 night holiday.I completely understanding the description of charming to this hotel. It is very charming, cosy and has an authentic Mexican feel to it.
The room with ocean view was very nice. We enjoyed the beautiful sunrise!!
We were pleasantly surprised with the service and customer care, We were glad with the location.
We were pleased to meet the entertainment staff, Monique was our favourite, always with a smile and trying to get envolved all the people around the pool.
Food and drinks were really good, Italian restaurant is the best.
Highly recommend it. We are palnnig to come back next holiday!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Chuck560217, General Manager at Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you for being our guest and giving us the pleasure to serve you. It is very rewarding to know how much you loved staying with us and it is great to read that you felt so comfortable at our facilities, please be sure that Monique pool staff will receive your greetings and will be congratulated for the excellent service provided during your stay. We will look forward to welcome you back in GPRCC.
Carlos Da Silva.
San Juan Capistrano, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We are on our 3rd year at this resort and wouldnt change a thing. We love the staff and especially the pool staff. I have traveled other areas of Cancun and have even done the Moon palace but here at this resort they go out of their way to accomadate you and the location is fantastic. Thank you for another perfect vacation and we will be back next year. Why go anywhere else when you have found the best. The food is fantastic and the choices abundant. My favorite is Monique the pool staff boss and her crew. She sure knows how to keep us happy by the pool all day long. The activities are wonderful. Of course the hotel manager was wonderful too. And a shout out to Maria...... Again its the food and the staff that make this hotel a diamond in the rough. Now shhhhhhhh dont tell everyone or we may not get a room next April. hahahahaha Thank you everyone for a wondeful vacation we love all of you.. Woudy and Loca Linda Klein..xoxoxox

Room Tip: When booking a room it depends what your looking for. The garden floor rooms are nice if you want to...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you very much for having taken the time to write a review of your most recent experience at GPRCC, it is so rewarding to know that your vacation was highlited with the friendliness and expceptional service provide by our staff members. I assure you that Monique pool staff and Maria will be congratulated for the excellent service provide during your stay. We will be looking forward for your next visit.
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

It was a great trip, my family and I had so much fun. The hotel service was also great, and the people made you feel home. Whatsoever, the only thing that did not meet my expectations was the price on the wifi. The food in general was excellent, specially a restaurant placed under the lobby. The person in charge of the restaurant and the buffets were really polite and knew how to deal with the costumers. The shows the hotel organizes in the pool are fun and give you the time to socialize with others. The waitress and the clean service were all awesome, they do know how to satisfy people's needs. My son loved the hotel ice cream and the food. I really appreciated how they thry their very very best in order to make you have a good time. I will come back next year. The tropical weather goes along with the structure of the hotel, the rooms were smartly adecuated for our family, every morning clean towels shaped as dogs were set up for my son's use. We went over there almost two weeks ago gut regreting not make our trip longer enough. Since we put our feet in the hotel they treated use like if we were loyalty. The price was worth my trip. I ma and was really satisfied for ot only the beach but the hotel service and structure was highly excellent. My family and I are planning going back for a two week trip next year. I do recomend this hotel and will go back without doubt.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Chuck560217, General Manager at Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thak you very much for sharing your experience at GPRCC, We truly work hard for guests to enjoyed their stay, I am thrilled to read you and your family had such an amazing time, I will be sure to share your comments with our staff so they keep up working hard towards our guest's experience. We truly hope to have the opportunity to serve you again on a next vist.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

This was our second time to Cancun in 10 months. There was no question as to where we wanted to stay. Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe was our choice. The food was excellent whether you do the buffet, El Oriental, or El Mirador. The room service is always on time and the food is fresh and very well presented. I was impressed by the cleanliness of the hotel and the friendliness of the wait staff, housekeeping, and the doormen. This place makes you feel relaxed with no pushy gimmicks to get you to go on excursions. You do get approached by a lady as soon as you arrive to meet her later on during your trip. Beware, as this is an invitation to show you the hotel and offer you the timeshare option. All it takes is a few firm NO's during the first day and then she will leave you alone. The bar drinks are very tasty and are not weak or watered down by any means. The swim-up bar is the best as it is much quieter than the larger pool. There are many activities for everyone, again, only if you want to. You have three option to choose from. The main building has best views of large pool and beach at a distance. The Premier Beach tower has the best view of the beach. It is an 8 story building, but all of the rooms here are 2 doubles. There are no king options. The Royal tower rooms are also beach views and have more modern look to them with jacuzzis inside your room. They have king size beds. They also have terrazzas in the Royal Tower but these are strictly only for timeshare owners.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Clifton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This was my 14th trip to Cancun, and my 13th hotel (In the 80’s I did Club Med a few times). Fortunately, I believe I uncovered a “Diamond in the Rough”, and received good value for the money. Basically, the GPR is an open air resort, conveniently located atop the largest beach on the strip. The grounds were very well maintained. Each morning the walkways were mopped, and the gardens groomed.

Accommodations…Upon arrival, my garden view room was upgraded to an obstructed ocean view on the second floor. Since I was only one flight up, the stairs were a much better choice than the elevator.

Beach…As mentioned above, the beach was long and wide. My preferred location was underneath a palapa in front of the main pool. With no one in front of me, and a 50 yard walk to the beach, it felt like a semi-private club.

Pools…The main pool area was the resort’s focal point for events, entertainment, music, etc. The upper level pool provided a more social environment, aka alcohol.

Restaurants…For dinner, rotate between El Oriental and El Mirador, good appetizers at both venues, Spring Rolls, Skewers, Prosciutto, and Caprese Salad. For desert, enjoy gelato and pastries at Café Sole. Not being a buffet fan, I preferred breakfast at La Concha. As for lunch, nothing special, so let your daily mood decide.

Staff…The entire staff was very friendly and helpful. In a chance meeting with the Director, a minor issue was resolved, and in his words, “I want you to be happy”.

Entertainment…From 10AM to 10PM, there was a constant flow of scheduled events, ranging from pool games, volleyball, to nightly audience participated shows. At 10PM, the hotel would provide travel and open bar accommodations to the night club of the day.

Special Kudos…Esteban, Adrian, Monique, Gutemberg, Vale, and Sr. DiSalvo.

Room Tip: Dining-Enjoy Breakfast at La Concha
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband and I had been wanting to visit Cancun for awhile, and we finally ended up booking a week at the Grand Park Royal through a livingsocial deal. $200/night (we stayed 6 nights) for this all-inclusive resort was a steal, considering that all of our food and drinks were included for the entire week. We wanted a quiet, relaxing week to sit on the beach and by the pool, and that's exactly what we got.

Good things:
-food was delicious (buffet, Italian restaurant, Asian restaurant, pool food, etc.)
-swim-up bar is genius
-mini-bar in our room re-stocked every day (also included in the "all-inclusive" part) -- cans of beer and coke, and bottled water was available. The bottled water was the best part, since we could take it with us down to the beach or into town or wherever.
-staff is ALWAYS cleaning things -- wiping down chaise lounges, tables, etc. Everything was immaculate.
-great location, right on the beach
-walking distance to multiple shopping malls, if you want (Flamingo & La Isla)
-GELATO available 6am-11pm at the cafe -- the best treat for hot days
-pre-made sandwiches wrapped up "to go" are also available to take from the cafe -- great if you're going out all day on an excursion or something. Take your lunch with you!
-they provide beach towels -- easy system
-organized daily activities at the resort (beach volleyball, water aerobics, etc.), if you want to participate. It's like being on a cruise without the boat, really!
-we were greeted by an ice bucket with champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries in our room when we first got there and checked in -- a nice welcome.
-tips are included with what you pay for the resort, so don't feel obligated to tip even more! (but they will take it if you offer it)

Bad things:
-sometimes the service at the buffet was slow to non-existant -- we had trouble at both breakfast and lunch getting a waiter to get us some drinks (or silverware, in one case). Dinner service was fine, though.
-the light bulb on the light on our balcony had burned out, and we tried to get it replaced 3 separate times (2 phone calls + 1 visit to the front desk), and it never got fixed.
-only half the buttons on the tv remote worked, and we couldn't get that fixed or replaced either.
-thin walls, so we could hear a fair bit of the goings-on of our neighbors and hallway noise. Mostly got used to it by the end of the week, though.
-we ended up with a room with 2 double beds instead of 1 king bed, despite having requested a single bed. Kind of crappy to sleep in a smaller bed for a week.
-wifi costs extra

Worst part:
THIS IS REALLY A TIMESHARE!!! They try really really hard to get you to come listen to a timeshare talk while you're here, BUT DON'T DO IT IF YOU'RE NOT INTERESTED! My husband and I managed to avoid it, but we were constantly accosted by phone calls, notes/"reminders" slipped under our door, and by nearly every hotel staff member everywhere we went. They try to disguise it as telling you to pick up your "welcome package," but they really just want to give you the sales pitch. They try to entice you into it by offering you free wifi if you come listen to the talk (otherwise you have to pay for it). We sat down with the concierge to talk to her when we first arrived, and she was trying to schedule a breakfast meeting for us for the timeshare talk, right off the bat. She wanted us to have breakfast at 9am with someone to "discuss our options," and we had just arrived at 7pm!! We were just there to have a nice vacation, and didn't want to have to worry about getting up early (or at any specific time, actually) to make an "appointment." We turned her down (which took several tries), and we were so glad we did. We saw so many other people sitting with a representative during breakfast every day -- they didn't look like they were on vacation, they were just listening to a sales pitch where it's very hard to say no, or even if you do, they don't leave you alone. We were glad we avoided it entirely, even though they were persistent. DON'T DO IT IF YOU JUST WANT TO ENJOY YOUR VACATION! Don't worry about being "polite," it's not worth it!!

So, as long as you can avoid the sales pitch, the facilities themselves are quite nice, clean, modern, beautiful, and fun. I really enjoyed the resort itself, being right there on the beach, and with the all-inclusive aspect. I probably won't be going back to this particular resort, though, as I don't want to go through the timeshare gauntlet again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple