First things first- I visited with my girlfriend, neither of us had been to Mexico, and neither of us had done an all inclusive resort. We are both foodies from Chicago and love to research and explore on trips, typically don't do destination resorts.
Secondly, THIS PLACE WAS AWESOME.
Our first day we were greeted with a Miami Vice drink and made it up to our room. The rooms are okay, definitely nothing to brag about. They have all the essentials and you'll spend most of your time at the pool/beach/bar anyways. We quickly made it to the stunning upper pool that you see in the pictures with the bali beds and grabbed a drink from one of our favorite bartenders, Jesus.
The resort only has 12 bali beds for about 700 guests, so they are spoken for early. You'll need to get there at 7:30-8am to have a chance. The top pool is an endless pool that looks out to the Caribbean Sea. Not too shabby.
Grand Park Royal has a great emphasis on the lower pool and activities. We fell in love with the top pool first, tried out the beach, but then stuck to the bottom pool. They have "full court" basketball, a deep end, a bar, and plenty of activities at the lower pool. We had a lot of fun spending time with Miguel, Esteban, and Jorge at the lower pool playing pool games and beach volleyball.
The beach is beautiful, you can grab chairs out there, private umbrellas, etc. If you want a more private trip I would suggest going to the beach or upper pool. The downstairs pool is for fun times only.
The food was great. If I had to rank my favorites I would say 1) Oriental 2) Cocay 3) Mirador 4) Concha. Oriental had a couple of dishes that were surprising to be "free" at a hotel. Props to them. Cocay has great choices for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. If you are a picky eater, this would be a great choice since you can choose your own destiny. Mirador is okay. The pasta dishes are a bit heavy and saucy. Olive Garden probably beats it. La Concha has a great ceviche. The rest of the menu is a variety of uninspired grouper dishes.
There is also some great pizza at the pizza corner with our man, Alfredo. The burger bar (El Jardin) wasn't too shabby either.
The bars were great. Miguel at the lobby bar is hilarious and welcoming. The lower pool bar had great service from Jorge and Orlando. The upper bar was great with Jesus and Alejandro. They have a lounge called Ekinox that is kinda lost and undervalued. No one really hangs up there. Javier is a nice guy though.
If you are looking for the right price point for service, food, drinks and entertainment, this is a great place for you. If you are looking for a child-free, relaxation-only spa, keep looking. If you are looking for a 24 hour night club, PLEASE keep looking for the rest of us. For what we came down from Chicago for, this was EXCELLENT!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe is an exclusive resort that stands out for its personalized service and vast gastronomy that will delight you with Mexican, Italian and Asian specialties. Admire spectacular turquoise shades on its extensive fine white sand beach. Let your senses be enchanted by amazing sunsets and the best view of the Nichupté Lagoon, while refreshing with a sophisticated cocktail in the Ekinox Lounge Bar. The fun is guaranteed thanks to our activities program and nightly shows for all the family! Live the Grand Park Royal experience in Cancun! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe Hotel Cancun
- Caribe Park Royal Grand Cancun