“Older Hotel in a good location.”

Adhara Hacienda Cancun
Ranked #77 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
oneforefun
“Older Hotel in a good location.”
Reviewed April 27, 2010

We needed a hotel for one night due to an early flight the next morning and found this hotel to be just what we needed. It is located downtown, which made it easy to find. There is a restaurant/lounge in the hotel and a few other restaurants on the same block as the hotel. They have free WIFI which was a total surprise. We would stay here again if we needed to catch another early flight but not stay for any other reason. The hotel rooms need some updating.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank oneforefun

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 22, 2010

Stayed at Radisson Cancun for two nights as part of a tour group. Hotel is located in downtown Cancun - which is NOT the well known tourist area of Cancun (it's around a 10 min taxi ride to the 'Hotel Zone' and beach), however we enjoyed the 'local' feel of the area.
Rooms were very clean, tidy and comfortable, and the pool area was great. Free wifi was also provided. Front door staff were helpful with taxis, restaurant recommendations, etc.
Only a couple of SMALL complaints: Firstly, I found the prices in restaurant/bar/shop VERY expensive for Mexico.... I know it's a 'Radisson' hotel - but these were by far the highest prices we'd encountered in all of the middle class hotels we'd been staying in (in Mexico and Central America).
Secondly, the street and surrounding area in which the hotel is located may put-off some perspective guests (no street lights, some abandoned buildings, etc) but I can assure you that we found the area safe and hassle-free.
Ensure you head to Ave Yaxchilan for great restaurant options. And I highly recommend 'Parque Las Palapas' - which is a park of open air food stalls, which are unbelievably cheap and tasty. Both are about a 10 min walk from hotel.

• Stayed February 2010
1 Thank liss0502
Vancouver
Reviewed February 13, 2010

We were with a small tour group. The hotel is located downtown where you see the local people and fewer tourists. The quiet room was clean but the old closet door and bathroom fixtures needed replacing. One nice feature was the safe. Service was adequate and breakfast was fine - you could get eggs cooked to order. We enjoyed the pool. There were no computers available during our stay.

• Stayed January 2010
2 Thank StChris
SF bay
Reviewed January 23, 2010

We planned on staying in cancun for a night before moving on with the rest of the itinerary. And we wanted a place close to the bus station.We were rerouted to Radisson when our reservation at another hotel had to be honored as the other hotel had closed down. We arrived very late in the night and were ready to hit the sack after a quick shower. But, the bathroom shower wouldn't drain. We called the frontdesk and a service man arrived shortly, but he could never fix the problem. We waited 20 mins and asked for a move to a different room. Finally after about 40mins, we managed to move to the different room. The rooms were average and even had a few mosquitoes. The pool and restaurant were good for the next day. And the bus stop was close by. So, all in all, we were OK with the hotel coz it was only for a day, but we would have loved a better night sleep after we arrived.

2 Thank Yo-Go-Girl
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed January 16, 2010

Never been to Cancun so didn't know what to compare with but the hotels that I have stayed in. If you plan on having fun and enjoying what Cancun has to offer and only seeing the hotel for a few hours, than this place is highly recomended. If you just want a place to stay in all day sitting in the pool area taking in sun, eating in the restaurant and just hanging in room room watching tv, I would still recomened this place. It is not greatest looking place, but it is still great. Rooms are clean, food is great, and pool area is descent. Staff can try a little harder in showing that they are happy in what they are doing, which will boost their customer service. Taxi is sitting outside the hotel all day and location is just minutes away from buses and about 10 minutes away for the hotel zone. For under $100 a night, this place is definitely worth the price.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Curtis_The_Traveler
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 10, 2010

Stayed at the hotel for a week over Christmas as part of a Hotwire vacation package. Very pleased with the cleanliness of the hotel, the helpfulness of the staff, and the benefit of having a nice, reasonably priced, restaurant right there in the hotel.

This was the first time we had stayed in a downtown hotel. After one trip out to the hotel zone, we appreciated being away from the crowds and all the high-priced tourist traps. If you want to be closer to the local economy, especially shopping and restaurants, this is the place to be.

For example, we stumbled upon a local restaurant one night and enjoyed a great meal, complete with cervesas and margaritas for only $17 U.S.. We were the only folks there that spoke English.

To summarize. The Radisson Hacienda is a nice place to stay and we would not hesitate to recommend it to our friends.

slo
Reviewed January 8, 2010

We stayed at the Radisson after spending 2 wonderful weeks traveling all around the Yucatan region and had only positive experiences until we got there. After a long check-in time where the staff answered phone calls and had private conversations, we were finally given a noisy, dirty room. It was so noisy I couldn't even hear the bell boy at the door knocking with the car keys. When I went down and asked for another room I was then given a smoking room and told that was the only one they had. Since there is a sign about complete satisfaction guarenteed and we are athmatic, I asked to speak with the manager and he immediately found me a room on the "excutive floor" I gave my husband the key to take to the room since he was sick, we moved our bags into the hallways, and I waited for the bellboy to come and help me move (the manager said he would send him right up). Of course the room key didn't work so I couldn't go back in the room and call for him. After waiting in the hallway for 20 minutes, I dragged our bags, cooler etc down the halls, into the elevator and almost to the new room. Suddenly, a bellboy showed up and said "why didn't you ask for help?" Our safe and TV didn't work, the paint was peeling and there was a metal door stop right where you step out of the tub. Several times that evening I had to go downstairs because the key was non-functional. When I needed to get boarding passes I went to the business office and asked to use the computer to print them out. I tried to print them, but nothing happened using the printer--it turned out there was a printer inside of a drawer. I wasn't happy when I had to pay 50 pesos for copies I didn't make and copies I didn't know were being printed. The staff just laughed at me. Checking out was the same experience as checking- in and we kept asking them "is everything OK" because they just kept questioning us about the dates and room details. The positive things about the hotel were the maids gave us extra supplies for my sick husband and we were allowed to sit by the pool (have them hold our luggage) for 2 hours until it was time to fly home.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Cancun hotels