“Excellent location and amenities!”

Adhara Hacienda Cancun
Ranked #72 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Nice and quiet. Perfect location to experience Cancun and it's local culture. Booked tours at the hotel for great prices through Xcaret. We opted for the Chichen Itza and Cenote Ik Kil tours. Wonderful experience and great tour guide Reuben. There is another tour service at the hotel, but you had to pay for transportation to a pick-up location, Xcaret picks up and drops off at the hotel.
N.

• Stayed: March 2014

Reviewed February 28, 2014

We only stayed one night. The property is very dated, but the rooms were OK. The rooms were in various states of working or not working. The service is extremely slow. The location is close to the main downtown area, bars and restaurants. Good place for a short and inexpensive stay.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Mike D
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

Old colonial big hotel with beautiful pool and grounds. They have shuttle service to beach club if guests want to go there. Good value. Nice place to stay. Good restaurant as well. Clean rooms. Wifi coffee water in rooms.

• Stayed: February 2014
5  Thank luckyinallthings
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We spent 11 days in the Yucatan recently, the last 2 in Cancun so we could visit Isla Mujeres. We chose a downtown hotel for this reason--we had no interest in the hotel zone. The hotel does provide a free shuttle to a beach club, but we did not use it. A local bus would provide more flexibility if you want to go to the beach--tons of buses and colectivos ply the main drag (Av. Tulum) a block or so away. I was a little concerned about the hotel given the uneven reviews so was very pleasantly surprised.
We arrived by ADO bus from Playa del Carmen and paid 50 pesos for a taxi for 4 to the hotel. Check in was fast and uneventful and we were able to check in early when we arrived around 12:30 pm. We were assigned rooms facing the pool but on the front of the hotel so no rooms across the hall on the street side. Fortunately, the air conditioning mostly drowned out the street noise, but the rooms across the pool on the back of the hotel are probably quieter. It was nice having a balcony overlooking the lovely pool area. The only downside of the location was that occasionally some boring music was played a little louder than necessary. Our room was very spacious with 2 double beds. The beds were the least comfortable part of the room, probably not as bad as many in Mexico, but definitely on the hard side. There was also a nice flat screen TV, though only 2 English stations, a desk with comfortable desk chair and a dresser. Bottled water and ice were provided. The bathroom was very spacious and 2 kinds of soap, shampoo, and conditioner were provided. Strangely, there were no washcloths. Wi-fi Internet was available but was a bit spotty in the room. It seemed to work better early in the day before it was used so heavily or in the lobby.
My rating for the hotel is mostly based on the value it represented--very reasonable for what we got. We were able to pay with Club Carlson points (only 9,000 per night, the least for any hotel) but the paid amount was also very reasonable. Since we were in Cancun mostly as a jumping off place for a day trip to Isla Mujeres before flying out, the location was perfect. There are a few restaurants close by. We really enjoyed our meal at Los Bisquiets de Obregon--great service, good food, good prices--right down the street. My sister and her husband ate at the hotel restaurant one night and enjoyed their meal. Across the circle from the ADO station, within easy walking distance from the hotel, is a modern supermarket if you need snacks or sodas. If you did not have much luggage, you could easily walk to or from the ADO station.
For our trip to the Isla ferry, we took a cab from the stand across from the hotel instead of the bus since there were 4 of us--60 pesos. It has been mentioned that you can get a cheaper taxi out on the main road, but it did not seem worth the effort and we felt sorry for the cabbies waiting across from the hotel at all hours. There were cabs waiting there whenever we looked and prices were as posted. It was 260 pesos to the airport so we took a cab instead of the bus, again because there were 4 of us.
You may be a bit disappointed if you are expecting a 4 or 5 star hotel. If you just need a clean, decent place to stay and don't want to spend a lot, don't be afraid to stay at the Radisson.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel--should be a bit quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mary M
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I recently stayed 9 nights at the Radisson in Cancun. It was a pretty good experience.
If you want glamour, and the glitz of the hotels in the hotel zone then choose to stay there, but if want a pretty decent hotel in Cancun then think about here.

It had all what I needed, a fairly good room, bar wifi and swimming pool.

As it catered for business people as well as leisure travellers, the swimming pool and pool area was never busy and seems to be a peaceful haven at times. Downside of this was the poolside bar was never properly manned, and in a majority of times, if you wanted a drink, you had to go inside and ask at the bar. However a great feeling to have the pool all to yourself.

Room was comfortable, very clean, and spacious, Bathroom spotless. Shower had good water pressure, but shower temperature was a lot less than you could get through the taps in the bathroom. Perhaps a little too cold at times.
TV did not have any English channels, but what to expect ? I was in Mexico and not there to watch TV.

Where the hotel was positioned was pretty good for the downtown Cancun, with everywhere a 10 - 15 minute walk away, but taxis and buses are so cheap. I used the Shuttle service to take me to the beach club a few days, and this was great. Beach club was amazing with everything and more you could have wished for. I have read drinks here were quite expensive, but I found them fairly reasonable. You are just not allowed to take in any drinks including water in.

Prices were great, and would stay here again, but check out was a little difficult with still a few charges not fully explained to me.

Overall, a Good stay, and glad I was here than in the Hotel Zone.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony. they all have either the Sunrise or sunset.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Martin W
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I stayed here on NYE. I was passing through to go to another country, so I only was able to spend 1 night. It was double the price since it was NYE, but 4x less than any other hotel in the hotel zone for that night. I was really impressed on the cleanliness and the beauty of this diamond in the rough. Not in the best part of Cancun- Downtown but very near the ADO station- walking distance 8min walk tops. I was disappointed in the option for dinner that night which was paying $85 due to the NYE celebration, restaurant not open for anyone else. I ended up going to a local Mexican restaurant based on a recommendation from the hotel desk agent. Superb and cheap!! I had to walk to it and it did take me a 20 min walk but it was worth it. Even though the hotel was in a concerning part of town, I had no problems and felt safe. It was dark around 630 pm and I was alone, but I'm a seasoned international traveler and have been in many 3rd World Countries and know my safety boundaries. I would definitely recommend this hotel. The staff was very friendly, courteous and professional. Outstanding service!! The pool was beautiful, the bed very comfortable and very nice linen. I had no problem using the Free Wi-Fi which is very RARE in hotels.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Kelilady
Reviewed January 24, 2014

In Cancun, some distance from the beach, 10 minutes walk to the bus station. One restaurant nearby, many restaurants within walking distance, but we were not comfortable walking round the area at night. Good free Wi-Fi. Main square 1 km. away. Flat screen TV, but no English news. Iron and table. Coffee filter, safe, hair dryer, gym, small pool,
Rooms overlooking pool have balconies. Good restaurant but prices seemed high. Good breakfast but expensive. Very expensive tour desk in lobby. Ice machine. Free beach transfer was 45 MINUTES LATE on return. Transfer was to a beach club which was extra cost and food and drink was expensive. Just walk down alley and use of beach is free. Supermarket nearby

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple