“out of SPringbreakers reach, comfortable, best views, close to airport and playa del carmen” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bsea Cancun Plaza

Bsea Cancun Plaza
Ranked #38 of 118 Specialty Lodging in Cancun
mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2010

We rented an appartment in the left side building, Perfect views to both left, right and even to the lagoon side, , the best, the pool and the view straight to the caribbean, Breakfast with sunset, bottle of wine at dawn, perfect weather and good facilities. We rented a car, bought grocerries and had all what man needs to have a great holiday and cook your own seafood. I repeat, the view. Front beach, good price and the best, away of all the american corwd, springbreakers which most of european people fear and dislike. If you go to cancun i recommend you to stay at this part of the island, is calm, clean and close to everything, as other reviews mentioned, there is a bus stop right outside of the building and it runs 24 hrs. Do not take taxis, it can raise your expenses.

About service, i didnt notice it, i got the idea of the place that is kind of do it yourself, go pick your groceries and drinks, wash your self and so on, cool with us. PLus, you can pay someone to give you cleaning of the room for less than 20 usd so, I felt on holidays.

About the place, there is a lot of critics about cleanliness and so on. So what do they expect for 35 usd? all this new stuff they are talking is on the 200 usd level.... so, cancun at retail, if not bargain. Give it a shot.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Asadorcopenhagen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2010

After reading all the other reviews on this hotel/condos, I can see that the type of experience you get at this hotel depends on who you book your room through. We arrived in Cancun with the intention of flying straight on but our flight was cancelled due to a hurricane. We were approached at the airport by a man who was so helpful and suggested a place we could stay for the night that was close to the airport and cheap. We took up his offer and he took us to Cancun Plaza- he said it was a four star hotel. Arriving at Cancun plaza, we were escorted to a small office on the ground floor which requested we pay 100 US a night upfront. We were then taken to a room which was furnished with furniture from the 1970’s and had a very ‘old’ smell. The kitchen utensils were unusable. The only place you could get internet access was in the hotel laundry. We met other people in the apartment block who seemed happy with their room but they only paid 40 US a night, they told us we were charged way too much. As I walked around the hotel, I could see little offices in different rooms. I had no idea that there were different owners renting out the various rooms. The hotel/condo does have a good location on the beach and while it seems some of the rooms have been maintained, other parts of the hotel look like they are falling apart. I think the key is- if you pre-book make sure the owner you book through has decent rooms and don't go to Cancun plaza if it is recommended to you by someone that has approached you at the airport, it seems this is when they try to rip you off! Overall, based on my experience of this hotel, I would say it would rate closer to one star accomodation.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank zara2

Travelers are raving about these Cancun hotels

austin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2010

This year will be my third year in a row staying at Cancun Plaza.
They have friendly staff and clean rooms, they do not have a large restaurant but there is a grocery store and small bar that can prepare delicious breakfast or snacks.
This time I am taking my family, I know this hotel can offer a great location and very safe.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Casper, Wyoming
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2010

I'd found Cancun Plaza through some outfit out of New Jersey that rented out condo times from other people who owned them. I had a clean room with a balcony and an adjacent upper room, (2 condo's in one). I had a great stay although the waves are a little rough in Cancun, best to go to Cozumel, better snorkeling there by far anyway. It was like $35 bucks a night. The bus system runs right by but if you want to walk part of the way, the big lizards, and I mean big, 4 to 5 feet will scare the hell out of you if you walk near the lagoon side as I did, (didn't do it after that). They have a bar near the pool and a little store out front. I liked the pink sides and of course, the cuties by the pool. It's cheap but still nice. Way better than the Crown Plaza where I stayed before, that place was so big that you'd get lost just looking for the beach, especially with all the screaming kids. Go to Cancun Plaza if you want something quaint and cheap to where you can spend your money elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
Rochester, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2010

I paid for 14 nights through Canadian Resorts and we tried to leave the first day and they would not allow any refund or even show us their cancel policy. The room had broken tiles and furniture and had stains on walls of who knows what. The bathroom had a broken sink and toliet top, missing tiles in the shower and floor, rusty fixtures, and mold everywhere ! No restaurant as advertised and WIFI if you sat in the Laundramate. I was told I would have access in my room. Swim - no way - huge cement or stones in and at water's edge. Some structure all broken by pool and dangerous for my kids - I think it might have been the restaurant. I learned from some locals that bad things go on at the Hotel. Enough said. Don't beleive me ? - I have the pictures to prove it. It was hard to find another hotel with vacancy in Cancun, but after 3 days of hell I had to leave. Clearly a bait and switch. Do not beleive their pictures and description. We left and drove down to Playa Del Carmen where we regained confidence in the wonderful Mexican people and their culture.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank lenmar5356
Ottawa, On. Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2009

Upon our arrival, Carlos (the manager - office nr 2104), gave us the studion nr 2522. We soon discovered that there was no light above the bedheads, the TV set received - poorly - one local channel in Spanish, there was no working coffeemaker, nor phone or toaster (one was brought in later on our request) - all contrary to the ads on the hotel website. We did not have a table either, but we did have nauseating odors in the bathroom most of the time.
We complained and three days days later Carlos moved us to the studio nr 2530. In this one we did not get a coffeemaker or a working phone either.The TV set reception of U.S. channels was poor, when it was not interrupted by the message saying that the broadcast cannot be carried further because the cable fee had not been paid.The ceiling fan shake so badly that it would have desintegrated if it were kept on. The maid service have not been provided daily as promised; the towels brought in were insufficient in quantity and quality (stained, holed, torn, etc.).The outside door in the corridor had neither a lock, nor a hook: as a result of the air drafts, it would swing freely and slam loudly against its frame as soon as a door of a studio was opened, often in the middle of the night.
We complained several times and received Carlos's assurances that problems will be fixed. None of these promises were kept. At the end of our stay, I requested a discount of 25% of the rent (US$ 650 for two weeks) as a compensation of the shortcommings. That request was dismissed by Carlos, as was the one to talk to his superior. The complaints sent to Mexican Consumer Protection Agency and to the State Tourism Office Information Center did not bear fruit either. Stan S.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank StanS69
Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2009

We stayed in Cancun Plaza for almost a week and paid 300 pesos/ day ($22). Online agents charge 4 times that rate. best to get in touch with some local tour guys. It has a nice view and hotel needs a new paint coat

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family