“Very good deal for the money”
Review of Bsea Cancun Plaza

Bsea Cancun Plaza
Ranked #24 of 138 Specialty Lodging in Cancun
Newtown, PA
“Very good deal for the money”
Reviewed May 28, 2005

I just came back from Cancun this evening and I remembered this site and wanted to write my review. I traveled with my boyfriend and 2 friends and we got adjoining rooms. My friend who booked everything got a very good deal on a week long trip from her vacation package that she has. For the amount we paid it was a very good bargain. She booked everything with Mr. John Pierre. He arranged for us to have a personal driver pick us up from the airport. We were actually booked at Suites Brisas Condominiums, but when the driver dropped us off there, John Pierre came down and told us he was driving us to our rooms. We assumed that we were still staying at Suites Brisas, but he drove us to Cancun Plaza (apparently he owns and rents in both resorts) which was 2 hotels down. Suites Brisas was definately not as nice as Cancun Plaza -- so they upgraded us for whatever reason and we had no complaints. One thing that bothered me was that there did not seem to be a front desk, reception or anything... it would have been helpful. We were nervous because John Pierre never asked for any ID or anything like that, we never even checked in or gave a credit card. We could have been anyone. But anyway, we got to our rooms and they were very nice. We had some ants but it was not bad, only in the kitchen. Other than that, we had problems with the shower in one room... it seemed to make water come out the top and flood everything because of the shower head, but we called John Pierre and he fixed it immediately. Also in one room, the toilet wouldn't flush, John Pierre fixed it immediately. We had a problem with one door but didn't want to bother John Pierre... the keys he gave us for one room were not the correct ones -- but since our rooms were joined we just shared keys and a door. He was a very nice man and didn't want to be a bother to him. The pool and beach at this hotel were absolutely amazing. The cleanest and most wonderful I've seen. The poolside bar had great drinks and food for very inexpensive prices. We ate there for dinner 2 times. The housekeeping came every 2 days and she brought plenty of fresh towels and made our beds. The 2 convenience stores in the complex are great... the woman in the pool area one is a sweetheart. We just adored her. The only other thing I can think of is that our TVs didn't get more than 12 channels... but I'm not sure if that is normal in Cancun. Everything was fantastic for the price. With any problems, you could just call John Pierre and he'd be there as soon as possible. We would definately stay with him again. Cancun Plaza is great! Quiet, peaceful, would definately stay again.

• Stayed May 2005
4 Thank DCatania

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed March 30, 2005

It has been several years since I was there. But, the place still gives me nightmears. We had no hot water. The light was hanging out of the celing. The paint was peeling off of the walls. There was a hole where the airconditioner was suppose to be and no fan. One of the people in my room got Scabies from the bed. One of our friends that was staying in another room had her money stolen out of her bag.
The Pool was nice. The beach was beautiful. Our room in the hotel was terrible. The worst ever.
According to the front desk people and the people that live there at that time. The hotel / condo is individually owned units. Each unit is different depending on who owned the unit. I talked to some people who lived there year round and got to see their condo. Thier condo was beautiful.
I do not recommend you do not know what you are going to get!!!

• Stayed March 2002
5 Thank Julkd1

Travelers are raving about these Cancun hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 24, 2005

Where do i start? Lets start with the airport. Was supposed to have a personal driver pick us (my girlfriend and i) up from the airport. He was a no show. Got a ride in from a transportation van and was greeted by a person who claimed he didnt know my contact person (will keep the contact person unnamed because he was actually a good guy) and tried to get us into one of his rooms. We had to tell him several times that we had reservations before he left us alone. We asked him where our contact persons office was and he stated that there was no one around with that name. Then, after walking around for a while we located it directly in front of the van we road in on. Can you smell scam??
We got our room which faced the ocean, that was the only thing that was worth the stay. Our room phone didnt work, our exterior door lock was in shambles, and hot water was only a dream. (all mentioned to management and they stated that they would be taken care of, not!!!!) I had to hide our valuables all over the room in fear that someone was going to come in.
Unfortunately, we went during spring break so we had to deal with spring break problems. Those were unavoidable and were not the hotels fault. Although, trying to communicate those issues to a security staff who spoke no English what so ever was. Except for our manager and 2 other people, no one spoke English. So brush up on your Spanish before you stay there.
A deep concern i have to anyone who stays there in the future is the presence of rocks and i mean huge rocks near the surf. You had to walk to the next hotel over to get into the sea. I saw many, many people including myself and children, falling and injuring themselves on the rock. Not good at all. Management excuse was that the surf uncovered the rocks. BS. The higher end hotels didnt have these issues at all. In fact, we ventured over to the Royal Sands and saw a first class operation and a beautiful white sandy beach. That is definately where we are staying in the future.
I'll close by saying that the only positive that we had during our stay was meeting Victor and Eduardo, they ran the food hut near the swimming pool. We have never seen anyone work so hard, long, and with the quality that they did. Trully,Trully nice guys and good cook. When we go back to Cancun we for sure will have to stop back to see them and have the guacomole plate, (awesome,awesome,awesome-best ever) unfortunately that calls for walking into that hotel, ugh.
Oh just one more thing, if you want a good inexpensive dinner close to the hotel, stop in and try JC Capitan (its about 300 yds south of the hotel on the lagoon side). Great place for a sunset dinner...(try the garlicky combo, mmmmmmm)
Also, if your lokking for romance, the lobster dinner cruise will be worth the money!

• Stayed March 2005
9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 12, 2005

Nice, clean, well maintained. Good pool area and direct access to beach. We loved the food served at the pool bar which had reasonable prices and overall was much better than most of the restaurants we went to in the hotelzone.

8 Thank afranssen
Belize City, Belize
Reviewed October 22, 2004

I just returned from Cancun last week Tuesday the 11th November 2004 and stayed at Cancun Plaze I absolutely loved the place. The people there were friendly and the room was cleaned everyday. My husband and I managed to make use of the kitchinette. The TV in our room was not working and when we complained to the desk clerk she sent someone up with another TV in less than 15 minutes.

The pool was nice and so was the beach. the view was to die for. Most of the guests at the hotel stayed there before and they were very helpful to us in terms of which tours to take.

Granted the place could do with a little upkeep and face lift but for the price I thought it was great. I will definately stay there again next time I am in Cancun

3 Thank Dcten2