“DON'T DO IT”
Review of Bsea Cancun Plaza

Bsea Cancun Plaza
Ranked #30 of 159 Specialty Lodging in Cancun
Reviewed March 25, 2011

We rented at the Cancun Plaza Condo #3212 - owner Karen from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. We were extremely DISAPPOINTED with this rental and would NOT recommend renting this at all. We were told we would be picked up at the airport - NO ONE PICKED US UP -, we finally got to the condo only to find out there was water coming through the ceiling in the bathroom. We were told there was only two other places available, we looked at them & they were both smelly & not a place I would want to stay. We finally talk to another person & she tells us there are more available. However, there are no safes in any of these rooms.........I wasn't real comfortable with the idea of leaving my computer & my passports in my room. I asked if they would pay if someone stole anything from our room and they said no. It was late, and we decided we had to stay in one of the places for the night. We stayed in someone else's condo, had to ask for towels, soap, toilet paper, etc. The towels we received were stained and not something I would expect when renting a place. This was an ocean front condo & no beach towels were included. You could "rent" beach towels, or go buy your own.

We were told we had internet access, however, we did not. We were told to go to the laundry room and it might work there......no luck.

We were told the owner was being reimbursed for her loss of income and asked to be reimbursed for some of our inconvenience and they never responded.

I would NEVER stay at this place again, nor would I recommend it to anyone.

Patty & Terry
Wisconsin

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank PAF1448

Reviewed March 15, 2011

i went to cancun 3 times, but the last time i stayed at Cancun Plaza Condo it was in february 2011... it was the worst experience... my camera and cellphone dissapeared from the room, the service was horrible, the air conditioner not working, the administration have a big desorganization, Isabel the woman that sell to us the services never appear again.. IT WAS A REAL DISASTER and is very fall of the nightlife.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank princess5545
Reviewed January 18, 2011

Cheap, good and strategical position, it has a very nice view on the ocean. We enjoyed the place, better if you have a car, so that you can better move around.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bobidsa
Reviewed December 31, 2010

We rented an appartment in the left side building, Perfect views to both left, right and even to the lagoon side, , the best, the pool and the view straight to the caribbean, Breakfast with sunset, bottle of wine at dawn, perfect weather and good facilities. We rented a car, bought grocerries and had all what man needs to have a great holiday and cook your own seafood. I repeat, the view. Front beach, good price and the best, away of all the american corwd, springbreakers which most of european people fear and dislike. If you go to cancun i recommend you to stay at this part of the island, is calm, clean and close to everything, as other reviews mentioned, there is a bus stop right outside of the building and it runs 24 hrs. Do not take taxis, it can raise your expenses.

About service, i didnt notice it, i got the idea of the place that is kind of do it yourself, go pick your groceries and drinks, wash your self and so on, cool with us. PLus, you can pay someone to give you cleaning of the room for less than 20 usd so, I felt on holidays.

About the place, there is a lot of critics about cleanliness and so on. So what do they expect for 35 usd? all this new stuff they are talking is on the 200 usd level.... so, cancun at retail, if not bargain. Give it a shot.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Asadorcopenhagen
Reviewed November 29, 2010

After reading all the other reviews on this hotel/condos, I can see that the type of experience you get at this hotel depends on who you book your room through. We arrived in Cancun with the intention of flying straight on but our flight was cancelled due to a hurricane. We were approached at the airport by a man who was so helpful and suggested a place we could stay for the night that was close to the airport and cheap. We took up his offer and he took us to Cancun Plaza- he said it was a four star hotel. Arriving at Cancun plaza, we were escorted to a small office on the ground floor which requested we pay 100 US a night upfront. We were then taken to a room which was furnished with furniture from the 1970’s and had a very ‘old’ smell. The kitchen utensils were unusable. The only place you could get internet access was in the hotel laundry. We met other people in the apartment block who seemed happy with their room but they only paid 40 US a night, they told us we were charged way too much. As I walked around the hotel, I could see little offices in different rooms. I had no idea that there were different owners renting out the various rooms. The hotel/condo does have a good location on the beach and while it seems some of the rooms have been maintained, other parts of the hotel look like they are falling apart. I think the key is- if you pre-book make sure the owner you book through has decent rooms and don't go to Cancun plaza if it is recommended to you by someone that has approached you at the airport, it seems this is when they try to rip you off! Overall, based on my experience of this hotel, I would say it would rate closer to one star accomodation.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank zara2
Reviewed November 10, 2010

This year will be my third year in a row staying at Cancun Plaza.
They have friendly staff and clean rooms, they do not have a large restaurant but there is a grocery store and small bar that can prepare delicious breakfast or snacks.
This time I am taking my family, I know this hotel can offer a great location and very safe.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 6, 2010

I'd found Cancun Plaza through some outfit out of New Jersey that rented out condo times from other people who owned them. I had a clean room with a balcony and an adjacent upper room, (2 condo's in one). I had a great stay although the waves are a little rough in Cancun, best to go to Cozumel, better snorkeling there by far anyway. It was like $35 bucks a night. The bus system runs right by but if you want to walk part of the way, the big lizards, and I mean big, 4 to 5 feet will scare the hell out of you if you walk near the lagoon side as I did, (didn't do it after that). They have a bar near the pool and a little store out front. I liked the pink sides and of course, the cuties by the pool. It's cheap but still nice. Way better than the Crown Plaza where I stayed before, that place was so big that you'd get lost just looking for the beach, especially with all the screaming kids. Go to Cancun Plaza if you want something quaint and cheap to where you can spend your money elsewhere.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo