Cancun Clipper Club
  • Breakfast included
Ocean Dream(Cancun)
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
All reviewscoco bongogreat budget hotelplaya caracolbig supermarketfull kitchenan older hotelclean hotelcancun vacationmextremenightlifemexicotoaster
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This was a steal for a hotel! I would say it was perfect for family and young friends/couples. The Cancun Clipper Club is located right in the heart of downtown where all the action is, with a short bus trip (or taxi ride) to beautiful beaches. I would highly recommend this hotel and would stay at this hotel again due to location. If you're not interested in shelling out hundreds of dollars for a five star hotel located right on the ocean (and far from the city/downtown life) then this location is perfect. Everything was within walking distance asides from the ocean. It was clean, quiet, comfortable, and the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Heather N
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I have been going to Cancun since 1994, I was introduced to Cancun Clipper Club the very first time I went away by myself through a travel agency. I loved the place so much I started going every year, it is not a high end hotel but comfortable and near everything. Every year I met people of all ages and from all over the world, and through the years we have a Cancun family which consists of about 50 people who go there every year at the same time, it is wonderful and lots of fun. I also met Families from Cancun which are the sweetest people you ever want to know and they are always smiling, Mexicans that I met are the best people I know, and of course my Cancun family is from all around the globe and we are in touch all the times, we even visit each other through the year, wonderful place and people.

Room Tip: All the rooms are basically the same, you know you are in Mexico. I myself like the rooms near the pool.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank dolfin2006
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Great location only 2 min walk from the bus stop, c stores and restaurants in the Convention Center Zone. Very large pool and covered picnic areas. Good view of the lagoon. Ended up on the 4th floor with no elevator so, plenty of exercise that trip. The bellhop earned his tip.

Room Tip: Up to 4 stories with no elevator so consider that.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank beachump2010
Reviewed June 29, 2013

This hotel is totally so nice for us to visit for graduation trip of the university.
But if you'd like to sleep silently, this is not for you because this location is nearby many clubs...

I loved this hotel, and totally I enjoyed so much.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank xiaohuapoxa
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Me and my brother are mexicans, and we've never been to Cancun before. After a loooong time in Europe we decided to stop at Cancun for a weekend stay. We saw that the Clipper Hotel was cheap and we went for it.
Do not expect anything fancy, you get a room with two beds (in my case) an old tv set with a couple of channels and a small table with two chairs. The Aircon in our room wasn't working, so we had to use a fan (running incredibly slow) and open a window, still the room was hot! It was a bit hard to sleep.
We saw two cockroaches, one standing in the fan and another one in the bathroom. The maintenance on the rooms could DEFINITELY improve, everything seems old and not very looked after. The fridge wasnt working, it couldnt even be closed (we were not planning to do any groceries, so we didnt even bothered to tell the staff). The outside of the hotel is very old and might be hard to find if you dont know exactly where it is (or if you dont come by cab).

Staff was just "ok", I couldnt use my computer at the lobby (they dont have wifi on the rooms) and they didnt even bother to ask why or try to help, allthough the lobby was empty and there were two guys at reception. Polite, but if you need anything extra they dont do it for you, or they even come out as rude. (Maybe because Im mexican and of course they have preferences for foreign guests).

Location is great though, a couple of minute walk to the beach, one block away from all the clubs and restaurants and convenience stores.

The pool was fine, water temperature was perfect, they have a hidden tennis court and thats it for entertainment.

So, if you just wanna place to crash and your on a budget go for it! But if you can spend a couple of more pesos on a stay, I would probably wouldnt go for this one...

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends