I stayed from July 22-July 25 2014. We reserved a room with a KING bed, a balcony and breakfast.
Rooms,.. old (not sure where the newly remodeled ones they talked about on their web site were but the TWO i stayed in were certainly not that. Yes I did say TWO. We reserved a room with a KING sized bed and a balcony. The first night I got a double bed and a view of a wall through a high window. The bathroom did not have ANY towels or wash cloths of any sort. The "kitchen" did not have any sort of towels either paper or dish even though they had a sink. The hairdryer was SCARY!! It had one burnt through on one side of it. The next morning we went tot the desk and told them what we had reserved. They said they were full but would see what they could do. The second room was better. It had a balcony. It looked out to the same wall but at least you could step out on the balcony and see the beach and ocean. Still never got the KING bed. I did get ONE bath towel but no wash cloths or dish towels for the kitchen.
The beach area was great. Although I found it strange that they wanted to charge us for the use of the umbrellas and beach beds on the property!
The Pools....They were very acceptable. But they were HOT!!!! A little cool water would certainly make them more bearable.
The restaurant was very good. We had fajitas at one meal and they were great! Another evening we had their "special" It was a seafood marinara pasta dish for 130 pesos. It was great as well. One of my last meals there was a fish sandwich "baguette" as they called it. It was 165 pesos. Certainly for the taste I would stick with the pasta.
We ate breakfast there only one morning. It was just okay at best. Their scrambled eggs were plain. The "sausage" looked more like a Vienna sausage.
When we were checking out they said there was an outstanding charge on our account for 840 pesos. We asked what it was for and they said the breakfast! They said it wasn't included with our room. We said it said it on the website but since we couldn't prove it we paid the bill. I will say though that we made the reservation through "Hotel Club" so the breakfast charge could be a problem with the web site and not the hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a fabulous hotel located just in front of the beautiful white sand beaches and turquoise waters that have made Cancun a preferred tropical paradise for thousands of tourists each year. NYX HOTEL CANCUN is a resort with 163 rooms and suites with an excellent location in the middle of the famous Hotel Zone of Cancun, in the state of Quintana Roo, Mexico. NYX HOTEL CANCUN is ideal for families, couples in love, weddings and incentive groups; we are offering a NEW meeting room. Our group coordinators will work with you to create the perfect menu and select the perfect setting for your event. This hotel provides a friendly and professional service, comfortable rooms, international cuisine, and beach activities among others. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, BookIt.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your NYX Hotel Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Avalon Grand Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Avalon Grand Resort
- Cancun Avalon Grand Hotel
- Avalon Cancun
- Avalon Resort Cancun