Book In Advance

from $78.99
from $79.00
from $109.00
1,480 results
All reviews hotel zone small site self guided tour entry fee crown paradise close to the hotel bring water archaeological site pesos per person city bus per adult well worth the visit public beach couple of hours walk around cancun sign lagoon side
Reviewed September 2, 2018

The site is on the main Boulevard going past the main hotel zone. It is a small site and can be seen in 30 minutes. Although there are toilets, there are no other facilities, therefore take water with you. It is not busy and not a well known tourist spot, so visiting at any time is fine, although with very little shade, avoid the midday!

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

I visited El Rey as my tour operator for my Chichen Itza tour left before the allotted time. So I walked it down to El Ray. The price was 55 Pesos. An old gentleman asked if I wanted some more information. He started off giving me some information about the place and then asked if I wanted a guided tour. The tour was $8 and lasted for an hour. He went though all the history about the demise of the Mayans but also went into detail about the other Mayan archaeological sites that are in Mexico. The gentleman was extremely helpful and for an older person his English was very good. He had a little book with him to explain the stories and facts he was giving. I was glad that I went here as it was more intimate but also I felt I learnt more.

2  Thank SD200689
Reviewed August 27, 2018

If you want a short day excursion that only takes a couple of hours near hotel zone, this is it!. These are the only ruins on the island of Cancun proper, small area that you can see in 1 to two hours depending on your walking ability and heat tolerance. Ruinas del Rey (Spanish) is accessible by the redline bus that runs on hotel row/zone that only cost a $1. Bus drops you off right near entrance and picks you up across the street. It is very hot so take water bottle, sun screen, hat, no service except for bathrooms. The ruins are incredible, small place great photo ops, lots of iguanas everywhere, beautiful plants, flowers, trees. I love learning about the Mayan people and the guide was nice, give tip- inexpensive day excursion, easy access to transportation and hotels...

1  Thank TammyM2695
Reviewed August 23, 2018

It was very hot so bring water...but we enjoyed this low cost morning outing. We took the bus there. Enjoyed seeing all of the Iguanas. My kids laughed and said they were probably the ancestors of the people that lived there protecting the ruins.

Reviewed August 18, 2018 via mobile

El Rey ruins are very small. You have to pay an entrance fee and it almost isn’t worth it for the 20 minutes it will take you to see everything. There are a lot of iguanas that live in the ruins, and that’s fun.