“Professionally run, good quality equipment”
Review of AquaWorld

$89.00*
Cancun 2-Tank Reef or Wreck Dive
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Aquaworld is the largest marina/diveshop in latin America and we offer a variety of tours and activities ranging from diving, fishing, snorkeling and parasailing. Whatever your interest or age, Aquaworld can cater for you.If you would like to try diving for the first time we offer a short course for beginners.For a tamer aquatic experience, we have a selection of snorkel tours as well as something for the non-swimmers - our SubSee Explorer.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children
Reviewed November 18, 2012

The wife completed her PADI qualifying dives with Aquaworld (based out of their Excellence Riviera Cancun location), and we both did a pair of two-tank days at Cozumel and Cavern diving.

Found the local office manager Robert to be knowledgeable and helpful in choosing a dive programme that suited our less experienced level. The wall dive at Cozumel was spectacular (the wife is still glaring at me for exhausting my air supply a few minutes early and causing us to miss a turtle sighting), the Cavern dive is really well operated and felt very safe despite the obvious dangers of penetrating quite deeply (for Open Water qualified divers) into a submerged tunnel network.

Would highly recommend this professional outfit. They may be slightly more expensive than some other locally booked options, but a vastly superior network of dive locations, boats and diving equipment.

There are newer reviews for AquaWorld

Reviewed November 17, 2012

The experience of jungle tour was very thrilling and exciting. I would suggest doing this at least once. It's a two seated power boat that you drive thru little canal surrounded by woods, then it runs into beautiful turquoise water ocean.
You drive the boat for about an hour then stop at shore to snorkel for an hour and then drive back to the dock.
Overall it was a good experience!!

Reviewed November 15, 2012

We did the 30 minute scuba dive at Musa. The ride out was fine. We had a guide from Alabama who was very polite, professional and well knowledged. Thats were this trip ended. We entered the water and it went downhill. I got to the bottom with my wife. We followed the lead diver to the first spot. It was a submerged volkswagon bug. My wife stopped to take an underwater picture. We were immediately approached by the secondary aquaworld diver and told to move on right now. The diver motioned to me i would be taken up if i didnt comply. We continued along. We were forced to hold hands the entire time. I accidently let go of my wives hand and this jerk instructor swan over to me and grabbed me from behind and yelled under water (like i know what he said?) and motioned again that i would be taken up. THIS GUY WAS UNPROFESSIONAL AND A ABSOLUTE JERK! The tour sucked. Nothing to look at. No fish, coral, nothing! There were a few Musa statues out there but nothing special. My tank got to 1500 psi and was then grabbed from behind and told to go up. We go to the top and the jerk tells me and my uncle he was sick of trying to keep us down. I NEVER HAD A SINGLE PROBLEM UNDERWATER AND NEVER STATED SO. I still had 15-20 minutes of air left but was cut well short. We ended up sitting on the boat because of the instructors attitude problem. I took a total of 1 underwater picture. We where then taken back to Aquaworld. Our family is done with these guys. He should have been fired. We will never reccommend this tour to anyone.

Aquaworld1, Manager at AquaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review and we are very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time with. As you see from the majority of reviews on this site, this is certainly not the norm and we would like to investigate what happened here. If you wish, please feel free to contact us directly with more information regarding when you dove.

The MUSA dive does not visit a reef site, this should be explained when you purchase the dive. There is normally an abundance of fish and sealife surrounding the sculptures but of course various factors such as weather and currant conditions can alter this - this is something we cannot predict.

The dive time is pretty much set and is based on a 45 minute dive. All divers especially beginners will vary in their air consumption and this is the reason why we provide a good quality 45 miunute divetime regardless of the fact that some divers may have different levels of air left at the end of the dive.

Thanks again for the comments and please feel free to contact us directly with regards to the other issues you mentioned.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

We took jungle tour in speed boat. It takes about 2 hour. Driving speed boat was fun. They provided locker but did not tell us we could take towels with us. Boat has a section where you can keep these things. You will need towel to dry yourself otherwise it will be cold driving back wet. One of the trainer Mario kept asking for tips and sounded unprofessional. They gave about 30 minutes for snorkeling, provided snorkel gear and glasses. We lived at royal solaris so took r1 bus to reach there which is very convenient. We took the 9 am tour and got 25% discount for that. We paid $50 per person. They took two pictures of us when we were leaving for the ride and wanted $15 for it. They do not have underwater camera for snorkeling just in case if you are looking for that sort of fancy things. Overall nice experience, it could have been better if trainers were more professional and spoken more in English. I also thought there was no jungle to go from. You drive in the water for about 25 minutes one way. For 5 minutes you drive through lagoon. If you have not driven speed boat, you will like it otherwise you will feel like paying $50 for snorkeling.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Take the Isla de Mujeres day tour which takes you snorkeling by the underwater museum, time to travel by golf cart around the island and even time to shop in the town. It's an all day tour but totally worth it! The staff at AquaWorld is beyond AWESOME! They made our tour what it was!