“Beautiful stay at Casa Turquesa” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Casa Turquesa

Hotel Casa Turquesa
Ranked #68 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
Eugene
“Beautiful stay at Casa Turquesa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2010

My wife and I, along with our teenage daughter and best friend just spent three wonderful nights at Casa Turquesa. From the moment that we were brought fruit punch and cool towels while we were checking in until the moment that we left, everybody was friendly and helpful. The hotel has 29 suites, all of them different from each other. Demolished by Hurricane Wilma in 2005, the hotel was rebuilt and reopened in 2009. Don't rely on reviews that were written prior to the hurricane. The new hotel is extremely comfortable, the swimming pool is beautiful (but the water is a little cold), and the staff is great. Other than breakfasts and a poolside snack one day, we did not order food at Casa Turquesa. Breakfasts included fruit and various egg dishes, juice and tea or coffee. While we are not big fans of Cancun, Casa Turquesa is a hidden gem not located near the loud part of the strip. The beach in front of our hotel was almost empty and we weren't exposed to the typical spring break partygoers that Cancun is so well known for. Ernesto, the concierge, was very helpful with all of our requests, as were Nancy and Andrea at the front desk.

If you are looking for a small, intimate hotel in the Hotel Zone, I highly recommend Casa Turquesa. I look forward to returning if I ever come back to Cancun.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
4 Thank thepiranha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Polish first
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2010

We recently stayed at Casa Turquesa and will be a returning in the very near future and each year that we return to Cancun. This hotel was forced to close after Hurricane Wilma in 2005. The hotel decided to rebuild and renovate after the extensive hurricane damage and re-opened in November 2009. The results of the rebuilding and renovation are FIRST CLASS!

Casa Turquesa is not for people looking to stay at a monster size resort with 350+ rooms that are so common along the Hotel Zone in Cancun where you have to make a mad rush to beat the crowds for meals, the pool and a spot on the beach. If you are looking for a 5 Star property (by North American Standards) in an intimate setting that is also close to shopping (one of the best malls in the hotel zone is only a 2 minute walk from the hotel) and other attractions then Casa Turquesa should be your only choice for accommodations in Cancun.

Upon arrival at the hotel we were greeted by a friendly front desk employee and were extremely impressed with the reception area and front lobby. The hotel is tastefully decorated and displays some of the most beautiful sculptures and paintings through out the hotel.

After check-in, we were then escorted to our hotel room which was absolutely beautiful. Our room had a balcony (with an outdoor jacuzzi) and ocean view. The bed, furniture and room amenities were top quality and no attention to detail was missed. The bathroom was large and came with both a oversize bath tub and a separate stand-up shower all done in Mexican marble. I also liked that Casa Turquesa offers free WiFi in each of the rooms and an iPod radio/docking station. The quality of privacy in the room was exceptional since we did not hear any hallway noise and we both enjoyed a peaceful and restful sleep each night during our stay.

The two restaurants on the property served some of the most amazing food and offers a wide selection for breakfast, lunch and dinner. No problem finding something good to eat on the menu. Each of our meals were made to order with the freshest ingredients and the wait staff was friendly and professional. No buffets here, only top quality a-la-carte service...Fantastic!

The beach is both quiet and in one of the best locations along the hotel zone. No need to rush out and get a spot on the beach, Casa Turquesa will provide you with lounge chairs and umbrellas free of charge.

If you are looking for a boutique hotel and wish to spend your stay surrounded by luxury, exceptional service and get a high return on your money then Casa Turquesa is the best hotel in Cancun!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Sleep Quality
6 Thank Canadian_Travel_Guru
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2005

The view was awesome and our room was only several steps away from the beautiful white sandy beach. This hotel has an extremely friendly staff and always willing to please. The hotel doesn't provide tranportation from the airport so make sure to arrange it seperately. it's cheap enough to. It's a bit runned down but they're slowly renovating it. It's quiet, small and doesn't have the "BIG Hotel" hustle and bustle. The outdoor bathtub/jacuzzi is fun.

We stayed for 3 days and loved every minute of it. We try to stay in very ethnic to super swank hotels and like to do things for ourselves and this one was perferct for us. No ice machines but just order some and they'll happily bring it up. Trust me - you'll need plenty. It's further away from the party atmosphere at the northern area of the cancun strip but that's how we liked it.

Taxis at this area will charge at most $10 dollars to take you anywhere - make sure to ask them first how much before riding in one. Don't expect the Cancun strip to be cheap - it's not. If you want to shop in a cheaper area tell the taxi to take you downtown to "Mercado 28". Lots of stuff to buy there and a bit cheaper. You could save money by taking the bus "R2". And remember haggle - I know a bit of spanish but I always blamed my wife that she didn't want to buy it at a certain price. Good cop, bad cop.

Finally, make sure to acclimate your techno stuff - digital cameras, camcorders, pda, etc. The humidity is unforgiving and will fog up your lenses. bring a bag and open it up and let the techno stuff adjust slowly. The lenses will fog up but jest leave it alone for a few minutes and the machines will acclimate.

• Stayed August 2005
8 Thank ron4663
Cleveland, OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2005

Great hotel that is situated so that no one would ever know it's there and yet it is right around the corner from the mall. They were waiting at the door when we arrived. The staff was both friendly and helpful. If you are looking for a place to get away from all the all-inclusive hoopla and bad food, this is your place. We travel throughout the world and this was one our best experiences. Tell Luis and Enrique we said hi.

• Stayed February 2005
16 Thank mlwill915
Hertfordshire, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2005

Before going, I'd read loads of reviews of this and other hotels, booked it and what a superb result! The room was the size of my house, big bed, nice terrace, food excellent, service was quiet, smiling, helpful, not pushy.

Sure, at the front, the exterior is undergoing, and needs renovation, and some of the paintwork has been done with more enthusiasm than skill, and the shower head could have used a new washer or two, but big deal! plenty of hot water still comes out of it. are you going to die from being near innaccurately painted doorframes, or something that hasn't been cleaned for 20 minutes??? come on!!!

I suspect that people who have given this place poor reviews because it's "dirty/run down/shabby/whatever" are a little on the OCD end of the scale, I loved it, and we'll stay there next time we go to Cancun, no question, it's a choice of the Turquesa's charm, or being guest no. 1000001 in one of the faceless factory hotels that line the beach, hmmmm, tough call.

• Stayed April 2005
13 Thank Divewithgeorge
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2005

If you are thinking of staying here, please stop! This is a dump...dirty, empty and unforgettable. My family and I could not stay after one night (even though prepaid) and went to La Meridian for a nice vacation. Trust me on this!

32 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Southern California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2005

My friend and I stayed at Casa Turquesa from March 4th to March 8th. Casa Turquesa is a very small 3 story hotel with less than 50 rooms. Upon arriving at the hotel, the one section outside was being completely renovated and the exterior walking toward the main entrance really did not look very appealing. I started to get worried, because after reading many of the wonderful reviews on this site, I was really looking forward to staying at this hotel. When we got there, our room was still being cleaned, so my friend and I walked outside to the beach. There was no one in site, it felt kind of deserted like we were the only ones staying there or something which made me even more worried! The exterior down to the beach looked ok, but you can tell it was being renovated as well and needed some “clean-up” workl. So in a nutshell, the exterior of Casa Turquesa really did not look very attractive, especially with all the 5 star hotels nearby.

When we got to our room, it was a different story. I did all the research and hotel arrangements for our trip (in Cozumel and Cancun) which consisted of 4 nights at Casa Turquesa, and just before entering our room, this might sound stupid, but my heart was kind of beating hard, cuz I was worried that the exterior of Casa Turquesa and what I had seen so far might bear some resemblance to the inside of our room as well, and I didn’t want my friend to be disappointed either because we already had one substandard experience at the Coral Princess Hotel in Cozumel a few nights before which I also did the research on and booked and I already felt really bad about that, so I didn’t want this hotel to be another bomb. Anyway, as my friend put the key into the door, my heart was beating and I was prepared to be disappointed. I’m glad I was wrong! The room was huge! It had marble floors, a huge king bed, a couch, a dining table, cupboards, two night stands, a few mirrors, some artwork and art sculptures too! On the balcony, there was a table with 2 chairs, a single bed in the corner, and a jacuzzi!! We used the jacuzzi one night over looking the ocean, and that was really nice. The bathroom was also very large, it had two sinks, two closets, a vanity mirror, a stand up shower, a nice tiled bathtub, and of course a toilet :) They hung two bath robes every day for us to use, and had a variety of mouthwash, soap, shampoo, body lotion every day as well. My friend and I were quite happy with our room. The maids cleaned the room very well each day, and we really had no complaints about the room at all. The bed faced the window, so in the morning, we would wake up to the sun shining and if we woke up early enough, you could see the sunrise of the turquoise sea…breathtaking.

We would definitely recommend staying at Casa Turquesa if you want a nice spacious, clean, fully furnished, great looking room. It definitely was NOT a “basic” hotel room, I highly doubt you will be disappointed with the room. Oh, and there were quite a few other people staying there as well, so it wasn’t deserted after all! I have to say that the facilities aren’t all that spectacular like the 5 star resorts, but when you’re in Cancun, you’re there to enjoy the beaches etc right? I do think it might be one of the best kept secret hotels there though since it’s so small and the exterior of the hotel needed some work. But it’s your room that’s your main concern and I’m sure the rooms at Casa Turquesa would beat a lot of the 5 star hotel rooms. How many come with a private Jacuzzi on the balcony too? The price was half the price or less of a 5 star hotel too! Great place, would like to see it when it is completely renovated…would definitely go back…

• Stayed January 2005