“Can't wait to go back!”

Ranked #77 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
“Can't wait to go back!”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

After a week in Rivera Maya staying in on of those " big chain hotels" Casa Turquesa was a bliss!!! Wasn't sure if CT wasn't the place for us ( traveling with two young kids ) asked the reception and they told me it wasn't a problem.
The room was super clean, big and the view just georgous, the best about CT was the service, all the staff really friendly, helpful, the swimming pool just perfect and the beach sooooo beautiful.
Another plus is the location, just next door is a big shopping center and 10 min walk is one more with tons of places to eat, drink, great shops.
Have to point my kids were the only kids around, more honeymooners and adults, my kids didn't miss a minute the " kids club" .......play areas, they were happier than ever in the swimming pool, down the beach collecting shells, playing in the beautiful gardens, is so peaceful that they just " adapt" to the place and were really chilled and happy.

I loved the place, go back home and recommended to all my friends and family and can't wait to go back! After Casa Turquesa I will change my " style " of hotel, now will look for small/friendly place with personality rather than a big plastic brand name.

Room Tip: Think all rooms have sea view
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Mariana H
CasaTurquesa345, Director of Sales at Hotel Casa Turquesa, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review. Feedback from our guests is so important to us. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the points you made in your review are exactly the concept of the hotel. We hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Polish first
Heemskerk, The Netherlands
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We really enjoyed our time in this hotel, it was quiet and it felt almost like if the hotel was just for us. This was very important because we travelled with our 7 month old baby so we really wanted to relax and enjoy our time there. The service was excellent, very friendly staff. The rooms were huge and comfortable, we got a cot for our baby (in good conditions! since we had a bad experience before with other hotel where the baby bed was so bad that we prefered to not use it!). The restaurant was very good, the dishes were simple but delicious! In general it was really good experience, considering the price and the place, we were very pleased. Maybe the only thing to improve would be to put a carpet or mat because the floor is slippery and sometimes it can be a bit annoying to walk on it after taking a shower or coming from the beach but other than that we highly recommend it!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
CasaTurquesa345, Director of Sales at Hotel Casa Turquesa, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review, we really appreciate your feedback. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff took excellent care of you and your family. We hope to welcome you back again in the near future!
San Diego, California
Reviewed April 25, 2013

The atmosphere of the hotel is perfect for honeymooners. We picked the hotel mainly for the balcony jacuzzi which is facing the ocean. Hotel is so clean, quiet (no kids policy, LOL). Staff is very friendly. Bathroom size is gigantic and impressive. Only down side is the pool is under cleaning during our stay so that's quite a regret that we can't use the edgeless pool.
Overall this hotel is great, definitely will choose it for next time visit.

Room Tip: get a upgraded room will give you a much bigger space of the room and bathroom. also the view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank illusion06
CasaTurquesa345, Director of Sales at Hotel Casa Turquesa, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay with us. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am very sorry for the inconvenience regarding the pool - unfortunately we had to do some urgent maintenance but I am glad that this did not affect your overall enjoyment of your time with us. I hope that we can welcome you back to Casa Turquesa again in the near future.
Texas
Reviewed April 3, 2013

This is a small hotel that was formerly the playground of the rich and famous. It has aged since those days but the appointments and art from that time are still present. There is an air of decaying elegance that I find charming. This is a not an all-inclusive family or spring break hotel. This is a hotel for adults that want a relaxed and laid-back experience in a genteel environment. And we will definitely return for that reason.

Room Tip: Room was large with a big balcony and a jacuzzi.
3 Thank SenorFeliz
CasaTurquesa345, Director of Sales at Hotel Casa Turquesa, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a comment on your stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and I hope that we can welcome you back again the near future.
Milan, Italy
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I have to say that I really did enjoy staying here even though it fell down on some pretty major things. I would stay again in hopes that they respond to feedback and fix the niggles.

What was to like?
The room was very, very spacious. I particularly liked the balcony with a jacuzzi, which is a touch that always works on me. There was incredible closet space in the room. The bathroom was big, very well lit...all things that are quite important. There was a separate shower and bath, and the sink had two sinks.

Another thing I liked is something that might be peculiar to me. The hotel staff was genuinely friendly...not in that phoney over-warm way that you find at most Cancun hotels...they were normal people and they engaged with me like normal people, which meant for some pleasant exchanges rather than the usual client/servant dynamic that is the Cancun hospitality model.

What's not to like?
The killer for me was the wifi internet. Apart from the high charge levied--come on guys, most hotels don't charge for internet anymore, the service was horrible. I can stomach a ripoff charge if the service is at least fantastic, but here the internet service was so poor that it cut out constantly, there was no support, which resulted in me losing valuable hours trying to get some basic work done. The front desk guy at night who was the person I spoke to when the internet finally failed completely, just tried to snow me, until first having to explain it, then having to get upset he finally actually called somebody, only to tell me that it might come back later...they get their internet from the local cable company, so it should be good, but it isn't. This really must be fixed--high bandwidth broadband that is 100% reliable and if you insist on charging for it--then at least charge something closer to what we all know it costs you plus a bit--if the local coffee shops can do it so can the hotel.

What else? The beds and bedding, sheets and pillows are of an inferior quality...sheets are cotton/poly blend and the pillows are hard little things made of some artificial filler, and the mattress was stiff, the bedcover thin and artificial.

Food and restaurant and the whole dining experience is truly mediocre. That's fine if you are going to go out at night and aren't a breakfast eater...which is the case for us...but I think this is something so basic that to leave it as it is: a grim restaurant that is badly lit and was empty every night except for one other table whispering to each other (the atmosphere does that to you)...not good.

The art and museum is basically an exercise in self-glorification, as several of the most prominent paintings are portraits of the owner or portraits of him with his family...and yet, I found this curiously appealing--it is simultaneously kitsch and so over the top that it gives the place a quirky charm.

The pool area is modest, but the beach along this part of the hotel zone is deep and quite appealing...better than others. Since I don't need acres of swimming pools and really like the ocean the most, this didn't bother me, but I could understand that this might bother some. One small thing that I did like was that when I ordered a piña colada they actually made it from scratch--it wasn't just a mix.

This place could be great if they just keyed themselves up to what a 5 star boutique hotel experience is these days...instead it looks and feels like a hotel that is stuck in the 1970's and is only grudgingly offering an experience for our times.

Room Tip: Ask them about the wifi situation if that matters to you--and if they have fixed it since
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank JJOnline
Thank you for sharing your feedback on your stay with us. I am happy to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us.
Unfortunately we have been experiencing problems with our internet provider which has affected the service available to our guests. We are in working in close contact with the provider to find a solution to resolve this issue.
We are working to replace our bedding and pillows and we do have mattress pads available on request for guests who do not like the orthopedic mattresses that we have.
I am sorry that you did not enjoy dining with us. Our restaurant Celebrity is open for dinner only and provides an intimate atmosphere with low-key lighting. We are hoping to introduce a new sound system in the near future to provide background music to enhance our diners’ experience. Belle Vue is located next to the pool and is available for breakfast and lunch. I am pleased to note your comments regarding the staff and will be happy to pass on this to the management team.
I hope that you will choose to return to Casa Turquesa in the future to experience the planned improvements and allow us to demonstrate our commitment to customer service once again.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Claimed to be an adult only hotel. It is not. Their main restaurant was below par. The front desk young girl attendant offered no help in any type of services. We asked should we take a taxi or public transportation to get into town. We said we were curious to see downtown Cancun. She asked us where we wanted to go. We asked if she had any recommendations. Deer in the headlights. Asked for a map. None. Asked for tourist brochures. None. However, all other staff were more than accommodating. The hotel has charm with a great location. The big problem is the entire hotel has marble floors thru out which create noise, noise, noise. No peace in trying to sleep.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
CasaTurquesa345, Director of Sales at Hotel Casa Turquesa, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
I am sorry to receive your comments regarding your recent stay.

Please note that Casa Turques is not an Adult Only Hotel – we do not claim to be, as we do accept children which is detailed in all of our printed literature and online presence.

I am sorry that you did not find the restaurant to your liking – if the dishes on the menu are not to your tastes, our Chef will happily prepare something individual upon request.

I have forwarded on your comments regarding our Front Desk staff in order that we can provide a better service to our guests.

We do ask our guests to respect other guests in the hotel to avoid disturbing others, however unfortunately it would seem that on this occasion you had been inconvenienced.

We hope to welcome you back to Casa Turquesa in the future in order that we can demonstrate our commitment to customer service.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed March 7, 2013

This place is gorgeous. Several signs refer to it as Muse'o Turquesas (Museum)--every wall and open area has a painting, statue, or other artwork. Our room was large, quiet, comfortable and well-appointed. We selected the place over others of similar price because the ad said "small Jacuzzi room". Actually, the room was spacious, and the smallish Jacuzzi was just outside on the balcony--really a courtyard or garden. The hotel sits on a wonderful section of beach, clean and great for swimming or sunning or just walking. There are several nice restaurants nearby--try La Distelleria for good food and fun! The staff was super. There were no hidden charges (like almost everything else in Cancun); the WiFi costs $20 US a day if you wish to connect. We had one meal in the restaurant at the hotel, and it was tasty and not too pricey; the service was superb.

1 Thank radio-c6aqq
CasaTurquesa345, Director of Sales at Hotel Casa Turquesa, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Thank you for posting your review of your recent stay at Casa Turquesa and I am very happy to hear that you were satisfied with all aspects of your stay. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and I will pass on your comments regarding the service from our team. We hope to welcome you back to Casa Turquesa again in the near future.