See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 20, 2016

The staff are extremely friendly and welcoming from the reception area, bar staff, restaurant staff, entertainment team, even security.. All The rooms are cleaned consistently and to the highest possible standard every single day, and you can specify when you would like this to be done. Me and my friend stayed for the first time March 12th -19th and were very sceptical at first as 90% of guests were native Mexican but this was nothing to worry about as everyone got on well with each other. Thanks to the staff at Aquamarina I have amazing memories for life :)

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed March 18, 2016 via mobile

This hotel couldn't have been in a more perfect spot for ever bring my boyfriend and I wanted to do. First day we stepped out onto the beach we were greeted by a man named Angel who offered jet skiing and sailing for a very reasonable price — so we did that. The shore itself is no tropical paradise as its by a port and there are no waves, but we are from Miami knew it wouldn't be anything out of the ordinary. Once we were out in the water though, the beach was as very bright blue and beautiful to swim in. We did not get an "all inclusive" so no clue on how the good food is, but there was a restaurant called Carnitas Michoacan right across the street that had the best burritos. Most tour agencies will pick you up from this hotel since it's very centric as well.

Overall it was a great place to call home for 4 days - nice pool, nice people, good music, and very conveniently located for the easy-to-please adventurer. If you're looking for a tropical paradise without noise, gourmet food, stellar customer care, and five star beaches this is not it though - look elsewhere.

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Venture635054
Reviewed March 14, 2016 via mobile

This hotel is a total joke. Iam Caucasian and enjoy the Mexican culture very much but this place is down right scary. The security guards make you feel like a prisoner and always have a scowl on their face. My son tried to say hello ( 4 years old) and he just looked right through him. My wife had to walk out of their way a couple of times or she would have been run over like a Bowling pin. I can't even give this any stars because it was that bad. People unfriendly, food horrible, beach crap, and the service was garbage. I wasn't expecting very much from this hotel when I booked it because of all the Mexican hotels that I've stayed in from before. But again this hotel is the worst one I've EVER stayed in all of mexico. Please take this review seriously

Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank stottley
Reviewed March 12, 2016

I really have nothing good to say about this place.

1. Food was not good at all.
2. They will tell you they have beach access, that is technically true, however it is a harbor, you cannot actually go swimming in it.
3. The one good thing is that the WIFI worked.
4. The lady at the front desk really seemed like she did not want to be there and did not tell us where anything was.
5. Very poor welcome greeting.

Overall do not go there if you are expecting to be pampered. It is probably ok for a college kid that is going on a budget and wants to share a room with 4 of his friends. But for the price that I paid for the room, per person per night, it was way too expensive. My wife and I left after one night and cancelled our reservation before we even found another place, it was seriously that bad.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
6  Thank danhaymes
Reviewed March 11, 2016

It is a very outdated Hotel. The air conditioner did work, the water pressure in the bathroom was bad. After 3 days they finally cleaned all the seaweed at the beach.
The Service was pretty sad. Very unfriendly staff. Even thou I tipped them everytime i ordered something, it was hard to get a refill.
The food was buffet style and the worst i ever seen. Wasn't even able to make a nice salad.
Very disappointing vacation